Egypt presidential candidate bows out, predicts Sisi victory

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I would imagine any Egyptian would be hesitant to run since Sisi is popular with so many people in Egypt.

Egypt presidential candidate bows out, predicts Sisi victory

By Laura King
April 19, 2014, 8:53 a.m.

CAIRO — An Egyptian lawyer and TV personality who declared days ago that he was running for president pulled out of the race Saturday, and state media quoted him as saying he had received a sign from God that victory belonged to former army chief Abdel Fattah Sisi.

Mortada Mansour, known for his outspoken style and sometimes eccentric views, also took a parting swipe at the only Sisi opponent left in the race, leftist politician Hamdeen Sabahi, the Ahram website reported.

Mansour, who had announced his candidacy last weekend, has called for the abrogation of the Camp David accords that led to peace between Egypt and Israel, has threatened to go to war with Ethiopia over water rights, and has urged a ban on Facebook and Twitter.

Continue reading at:

Egypt presidential candidate bows out, predicts Sisi victory - latimes.com

Did anyone really think it would last long or that he had a real chance of winning?

Did anyone really think it would last long or that he had a real chance of winning?

Not really, Aris, since he would be running against someone that is so popular so it would be a waste of time and money. Plus, I think the Egyptian people are probably using modern technology like Facebook and Twitter, and they wouldn't like to see a ban on social media which this man wanted banned.

CAIRO — An Egyptian lawyer and TV personality who declared days ago that he was running for president pulled out of the race Saturday, and state media quoted him as saying he had received a sign from God that victory belonged to former army chief Abdel Fattah Sisi.
Translation:

The military told him that if he won the election.

He would be assassinated within 90 days of taking office. ... :cool:

Translation:

The military told him that if he won the election.

He would be assassinated within 90 days of taking office. ... :cool:

Yes, Sunni Man was a fly on the wall and heard the military discussing assassination if this man won. Naturally Sunni Man doesn't want to take it in that Sisi happens to be population with the general population (except those member of the Muslim Brotherhood of course)

I wonder what Sunni Man would do with himself if modern technology was banned here like that former opponent wanted to do when it came to Social Media.

Meanwhile, I remembered reading this a while back.

From L.A. to Cairo, Egyptians celebrate a new era

The Muslim Brotherhood won the election fair and square.

But the military overthrew the government in an illegal coup.

Hopefully, the Muslim Brotherhood will someday regain control and put the military traitors into prison. .. :cool:

Hopefully, the Muslim Brotherhood will someday regain control and put the military traitors into prison. .. :cool:

It is quite understandable that you sat down and cried when the Muslim Brotherhood fell out of power. I imagine all devout Muslim converts like you did that. Why not tell us the population of the voting age in Egypt and what percentage of people who were eligible to vote actually showed up to cast their ballot..

Hmm, I am beginning to wonder if Sunni Man is hoping for that strict Sharia Law here in the U.S.

But Sunni Troll, it's the Muslim Brotherhood scum that are in jail now hahahaha!

What is it with you and posting potential outcomes that are so incredibly far from reality?

It is quite understandable that you sat down and cried when the Muslim Brotherhood fell out of power. I imagine all devout Muslim converts like you did that. Why not tell us the population of the voting age in Egypt and what percentage of people who were eligible to vote actually showed up to cast their ballot..

Hmm, I am beginning to wonder if Sunni Man is hoping for that strict Sharia Law here in the U.S.

Yes he does want Sharia law in the U.S, and he thinks Americans will actually go for it haha!

1) Americans claim they want democracy and free elections for all countries.

2) The Egyptian people vote the Muslim Brotherhood into office.

3)Then the American people cheer when the MB is overthrown in a brutal military coup and martial law is declared.

4)Once again the American people show what fake hypocrites they really are. ... :cool:

There have been many military coups in history. How many of those military governments have been overthrown? Military coup governments overthrown by another military coup doesn't count. So how many, Cap'n Knowledge. The MB doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of regaining power.

1) Americans claim they want democracy and free elections for all countries.

2) The Egyptian people vote the Muslim Brotherhood into office.

3)Then the American people cheer when the MB is overthrown in a brutal military coup and martial law is declared.

4)Once again the American people show what fake hypocrites they really are. ... :cool:

Yet it says 'Patriotic Muslim American' next to your username :lol:

More taqiya? :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back