🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Egyptian Leader Visits Coptic Christmas Eve Servic

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I think this was very kind of General Al-Sisi, and I am sure the Copts in Egypt certainly appreciated this.

Egyptian Leader Visits Coptic Christmas Eve Service
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and MERNA THOMASJAN. 6, 2015

• CAIRO — President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi on Tuesday visited the main Coptic Christian cathedral during its Christmas Eve Mass, and the Egyptian state news media declared him the first Egyptian president to attend such a service.

“Let no one say, ‘What kind of Egyptian are you?’ ” Mr. Sisi told the thousands of worshipers, declaring that Egypt would rise above centuries of tensions between Muslims and Christians. “It is not right to call each other anything but ‘the Egyptians.’ We must only be Egyptians!”

The cathedral erupted in applause, and Copts, who make up about 10 percent of the roughly 85 million Egyptians, heralded Mr. Sisi’s appearance there as a milestone. It was also the latest demonstration of the increasingly tight alliance between Mr. Sisi, who led the military ouster of the Islamist president in 2013, and the Coptic Pope Tawadros II, a supporter of the military takeover who has enthusiastically endorsed the new government.

Continue reading at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/world/middleeast/egyptian-leader-visits-coptic

Ma'am, you almost exclusively present us with topics that are either factual or of historical narrative.

Can you not once start a thread titled "Hey what up bitches?" Or "My can opener had carnal knowledge with the pizza slicer"?

:dunno:

Ma'am, you almost exclusively present us with topics that are either factual or of historical narrative.

Can you not once start a thread titled "Hey what up bitches?" Or "My can opener had carnal knowledge with the pizza slicer"?

:dunno:

Gee, Mr. H., I made a great pepperoni pizza tonight, and it's a shame you weren't here because you could have gotten it on with a slice. I'll have to let you know beforehand when I make another one so that it will give you a chance to view The Devil and Miss Jones before you come over to give you a few new ideas.

I think this was very kind of General Al-Sisi, and I am sure the Copts in Egypt certainly appreciated this.

Egyptian Leader Visits Coptic Christmas Eve Service
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and MERNA THOMASJAN. 6, 2015

• CAIRO — President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi on Tuesday visited the main Coptic Christian cathedral during its Christmas Eve Mass, and the Egyptian state news media declared him the first Egyptian president to attend such a service.

“Let no one say, ‘What kind of Egyptian are you?’ ” Mr. Sisi told the thousands of worshipers, declaring that Egypt would rise above centuries of tensions between Muslims and Christians. “It is not right to call each other anything but ‘the Egyptians.’ We must only be Egyptians!”

The cathedral erupted in applause, and Copts, who make up about 10 percent of the roughly 85 million Egyptians, heralded Mr. Sisi’s appearance there as a milestone. It was also the latest demonstration of the increasingly tight alliance between Mr. Sisi, who led the military ouster of the Islamist president in 2013, and the Coptic Pope Tawadros II, a supporter of the military takeover who has enthusiastically endorsed the new government.

Continue reading at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/world/middleeast/egyptian-leader-visits-coptic
Ya don't say........ :cool:

Forum List

Back