Electric cars making people "meaner"!!!

Looks to me as if this is a prime opertunity for an ambitious person to make some money.

Yeah -- like the opportunity to pay 3 times as much for a "quick charge" at a commercial station versus the slow charge in your garage.

The good news is that service stations depend on the quick market selling chips and soda to make a profit. With electric charging stations, they can expand to full length movies -- spas, and full 4 course meals.

de1a55d484d34bf60b35971c4dfc7219.png

ECTY GoldiRocks -- sink your college funds into it !!!!!!! Lemme know how it goes...
Hey -- there's an uptick about 2014 -- maybe you ought to get a quote today.

If they still exist... :banana: If ya think I'm cherry-picking -- check out CCGI.. If THEY still exist.

My town is the N. American home of Nissan. So many Leafs on the road -- you'd think it's Fall all year. Public library has 3 charging stations. Mostly empty all the time.

The charging issues is really moot.............and I have to say, whenever I post up this gem, I laugh so hard that my left nut starts hurting!!!:eek-52::eek-52:

EV sales from last year through the first quarter........and theyve remained at the same level ever since!!!!

[URL='http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/2014-sales-chart-apr-v1.png.html'][/URL]

Do the math..............beyond hysterical sales are so low!!!:fu::funnyface::funnyface:

Well over 1 million TRUCKS are sold in the United States each year.............just to show what a tiny, tiny market share EV's are!!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::boobies:

Looks to me as if this is a prime opertunity for an ambitious person to make some money.

Yeah -- like the opportunity to pay 3 times as much for a "quick charge" at a commercial station versus the slow charge in your garage.

The good news is that service stations depend on the quick market selling chips and soda to make a profit. With electric charging stations, they can expand to full length movies -- spas, and full 4 course meals.

ECTY GoldiRocks -- sink your college funds into it !!!!!!! Lemme know how it goes...

If they still exist... :banana: If ya think I'm cherry-picking -- check out CCGI.. If THEY still exist.

My town is the N. American home of Nissan. So many Leafs on the road -- you'd think it's Fall all year. Public library has 3 charging stations. Mostly empty all the time.

How much does a commercial charge cost?

I was just curious

How much does a commercial charge cost?

I was just curious

All I remember is seeing a price list and swearing I'd never pay that much to get home. I'd take an Uber first..

These bastards don't give a price, they say some are free...why would an owner of a gas station install a charger and give away free electricity?

Electric Vehicle Driver Support - ChargePoint

]mobile app by viewing the indicated rates on the station details page, or click a charge spot on ouronline map and view pricing in the station details pop up. The price also scrolls across the charging station's display. Because prices are dynamically configured by individual station owners, the price you pay at any given ChargePoint station is subject to change at any time without notification.

Well..........so says the New York Times >>

In California, Electric Cars Outpace Plugs, and Sparks Fly

100% certainty not a single progressive ever considered this with their fairy tale thinking!!! What else is new?

Imagine that one day, you wake up and find out some gas stations are giving away "FREE GAS!!"

Only the progressive thinks that's a zero sum game!!!:2up:

Evidently, shit is getting out of hand in California..........very few charging stations and lots of people fighting for the chance to charge up = lots and lots of problems. This is going to be the next novel story of somebody snapping and shooting somebody else full of holes!!:spinner:

Progressive idea's are always wonderful until things become operational. These dolts never deliberate on the costs of anything...............if the intentions are good, do it!!!:lmao::boobies::boobies:

Been a known issue all along. Our infrastructure isn't based on electricity but gasoline.

Need to make electric hybrids with solar panels on top of the vehicle so solar energy charges them. Use the electric stations for quick charges, nighttime, etc. Solar though would do the majority of the charging.

100% certainty not a single progressive ever considered this with their fairy tale thinking!!! What else is new?

Imagine that one day, you wake up and find out some gas stations are giving away "FREE GAS!!"

Evidently, shit is getting out of hand in California..........very few charging stations and lots of people fighting for the chance to charge up = lots and lots of problems. This is going to be the next novel story of somebody snapping and shooting somebody else full of holes!!:spinner:

Progressive idea's are always wonderful until things become operational. These dolts never deliberate on the costs of anything...............if the intentions are good, do it!!!:lmao::boobies::boobies:

Been a known issue all along. Our infrastructure isn't based on electricity but gasoline.

Need to make electric hybrids with solar panels on top of the vehicle so solar energy charges them. Use the electric stations for quick charges, nighttime, etc. Solar though would do the majority of the charging.

Interesting ......

Ford develops solar powered car for everyday use

Not enough energy density. And the added weight would eat into the range. Takes about a full's days home electricity use to charge an EV -- can't put that on a car like a moonroof -- unless it's just as a fashion "statement"..

That is correct. The present 'large' home system of about 5 kw would not fully charge a Tesla even on a full day's charging even in the summer. However, the cost of panels is still coming down, and their efficiency is continuing to go up, so in a few years

That is correct. The present 'large' home system of about 5 kw would not fully charge a Tesla even on a full day's charging even in the summer. However, the cost of panels is still coming down, and their efficiency is continuing to go up, so in a few years

MIGHT nearly charge a Leaf -- but then you've about DOUBLED your electricity use and have no "reserve" to brag about. Will still be paying for grid power about 20 hours a day because of the energy you've put into your car. Just put yourself into the fueling station business -- instead of the "grid generator" business..

Forum List

Back