Elizabeth Warren: "I am not wealthy"

Valox

Dec 1, 2011
“I realize there are some wealthy individuals – I’m not one of them, but some wealthy individuals who have a lot of stock portfolios" she told him.

Hard to see how Warren wouldn't be, by most standards, wealthy, according to the Personal Financial Disclosure form she filed to run for Senate shows that she's worth as much as $14.5 million. She earned more than $429,000 from Harvard last year alone for a total of about $700,000, and lives in a house worth $5 million.

She also has a portfolio of investments in stocks and bonds worth as as much as $8 million, according to the form, which lists value ranges for each investment. The bulk of it is in funds managed by TIAA-CREF.
Elizabeth Warren Suggests She's Not In The 1%

She also raked in $136,000 in royalties from her books, $10,000 for lecturing at a Boston law firm, $90,000 for consulting for a Florida law firm and $43,000 for working for Traveler’s Insurance.

Let’s not forget the Oklahoma transplant earned a hefty salary for part-time government work. As a special adviser for President Obama, she was compensated $165,000 from September 2010 through August 2011 and she received $192,000 for serving on the Congressional panel overseeing TARP.
1% Elizabeth Warren can’t have it both ways - BostonHerald.com

I guess John Kerry would have said the same thing but he didn't have to address the issue. Certainly the Kennedy elites were immune from criticism. The old double standard at work

“I realize there are some wealthy individuals – I’m not one of them, but some wealthy individuals who have a lot of stock portfolios" she told him.

Hard to see how Warren wouldn't be, by most standards, wealthy, according to the Personal Financial Disclosure form she filed to run for Senate shows that she's worth as much as $14.5 million. She earned more than $429,000 from Harvard last year alone for a total of about $700,000, and lives in a house worth $5 million.

She also has a portfolio of investments in stocks and bonds worth as as much as $8 million, according to the form, which lists value ranges for each investment. The bulk of it is in funds managed by TIAA-CREF.

She also raked in $136,000 in royalties from her books, $10,000 for lecturing at a Boston law firm, $90,000 for consulting for a Florida law firm and $43,000 for working for Traveler’s Insurance.

Let’s not forget the Oklahoma transplant earned a hefty salary for part-time government work. As a special adviser for President Obama, she was compensated $165,000 from September 2010 through August 2011 and she received $192,000 for serving on the Congressional panel overseeing TARP.

Hmmm.

As I suspected. I looked at the video.

They were discussing stock portfolio's and how members of Congress should not be trading while in office. She did not say that she is not wealthy....she said that she is not a wealthy person who has a lot of stock portfolios.

Just another attempt to misinform.

They were discussing stock portfolio's and how members of Congress should not be trading while in office. She did not say that she is not wealthy....she said that she is not a wealthy person who has a lot of stock portfolios.

yeah, and she failed

no, this one suits me fine.

i enjoy watching you twist yourself into a pretzel, and your admission of ignorance is just an unexpected gift.

is it your contention that she owns no stock?

"She has multiple mutual funds and stock in IBM, the sole individual stock she owns. The total portfolio is worth nearly $8 million."

Elizabeth Warren, Worth Millions, Says Members Of Congress Shouldn't Own Stock

what else would you like to look foolish about?

is the cut off for a large stock portfolio set at $8,000,001 and above?

:rofl:

the link is from huffpo. happy spinning!

Warren has as much as $8 million in investments in stocks and bonds, yet she is not wealthy?

Tell that to millions of struggling middle-class Americans - the group who she represents.

Very tedious.

The language that we use consists of words, pauses, inflections and context. Elizabeth Warren, a person who has spent her entire life dealing with matters of finance and income inequality, did not make the claim that she is not wealthy in that interview.

The statement that you leeches are attaching yourselves to today included a pause.

I realize there are some wealthy individuals — I’m not one of them but some wealthy individuals who have a lot of stock portfolios.

She meant that she is not one of the wealthy people who have a lot of stock portfolios.

She knows that she's in the 1%, fellas. Please stop inventing negatives.

$14.5 million all in sounds darn good to me, and makes her 'wealthy', even without a "portfolio", but you know, what? Good for her,,,:clap2:

but, she should really drop the polly pure-bread bullshit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
She's a liar.

On Friday, BuzzFeed reported that Warren’s Personal Financial Disclosure forms show she is by most standards a wealthy individual.

“She earned more than $429,000 from Harvard last year alone for a total of about $700,000, and lives in a house worth $5 million,” the story said. “She also has a portfolio of investments in stocks and bonds worth as as much as $8 million, according to the form, which lists value ranges for each investment. The bulk of it is in funds managed by TIAA-CREF.”

If Warren were to be elected to Congress, she would rank among the 25 wealthiest members of Congress, based on Roll Call’s 2011 “The 50 Richest Members of Congress” list. The House and Senate have a combined total of 535 members.

Read more: Elizabeth Warren | Millionaire | I'm Not One of Them | The Daily Caller

It isn't. I didn't say it is. She didn't either.

So $8 million isn't a lot of money in stock and bonds, but it isn't chump change?

What is the next thing you are going to say, that this is the average Americans portfolio?

It isn't. I didn't say it is. She didn't either.

So $8 million isn't a lot of money in stock and bonds, but it isn't chump change?

What is the next thing you are going to say, that this is the average Americans portfolio?

Another Democrat dipshit pretending to 'Feel your pain.' If elected, she will be one of the wealthiest Politicians serving in the U.S. Congress. She's a pathetic liar.

She's a liar.

On Friday, BuzzFeed reported that Warren’s Personal Financial Disclosure forms show she is by most standards a wealthy individual.

“She earned more than $429,000 from Harvard last year alone for a total of about $700,000, and lives in a house worth $5 million,” the story said. “She also has a portfolio of investments in stocks and bonds worth as as much as $8 million, according to the form, which lists value ranges for each investment. The bulk of it is in funds managed by TIAA-CREF.”

If Warren were to be elected to Congress, she would rank among the 25 wealthiest members of Congress, based on Roll Call’s 2011 “The 50 Richest Members of Congress” list. The House and Senate have a combined total of 535 members.

Read more: Elizabeth Warren | Millionaire | I'm Not One of Them | The Daily Caller

wait, I though she said she didn't have a portfolio?:eusa_eh:Oh wait, she said "a lot of them"..she's off the hook:lol:

Forum List

Back