Erasing hell from Christianity

Uranus

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2022
Some people are motivated by hope of reward and others are motivated by fear of punishment. Because majority of Christians either deny the existence of hell or make it something nice and endurable, only part of the people, those motivated by hope of reward, are motivated to obey God.

Some people are motivated by hope of reward and others are motivated by fear of punishment. Because majority of Christians either deny the existence of hell or make it something nice and endurable, only part of the people, those motivated by hope of reward, are motivated to obey God.
No they don't make hell nice. It's eternal damnation to the fires of hell. Where are you from? You don't know much about Christianity.

What Christian doesn't believe in Hell?
Christians aren't monolithic. Some believe it's the absence of God others believe it's Dante's Inferno... And everything in between.

Both carrot and stick are generally employed simultaneously and at the same time too.

Neither actually....
Who exactly are you talking about?

There are those who "play church" and those who are the last remnant.

Hell is horrible. It isn't exactly what most of the church crowd believes it to be but it is also very very bad. Those doomed to hell, according to scriptures, believe they belong there...apparently so depressed that they cannot join Heaven and are repulsed by thoughts of themselves defiling the place. And it's obviously a severe enough condition that they burn for all eternity...whether this is literal or figurative language I don't know. But the shame of hell is obviously very severe. It's not endurable but enduring at the same time.

It's not fear that drives me whatsoever. Nor is it hope (even though God is the God of hope) It's knowing that I'm working towards good.

Where have you been? No one obeys God.

nixie.jpg

the desert religions are motivated by self interest guided by perceived paterfamilias being the heavenly mission as the guide for their lives they imperil against all others through persecution and victimization.

solidified by their egregious crucifixion of the 1st century messenger detaching themselves from the heavens for all eternity till justice is rendered to atone for their crime.

Neither actually....
Who exactly are you talking about?

There are those who "play church" and those who are the last remnant.

Hell is horrible. It isn't exactly what most of the church crowd believes it to be but it is also very very bad. Those doomed to hell, according to scriptures, believe they belong there...apparently so depressed that they cannot join Heaven and are repulsed by thoughts of themselves defiling the place. And it's obviously a severe enough condition that they burn for all eternity...whether this is literal or figurative language I don't know. But the shame of hell is obviously very severe. It's not endurable but enduring at the same time.

It's not fear that drives me whatsoever. Nor is it hope (even though God is the God of hope) It's knowing that I'm working towards good.
Problem is, this still won't be acceptable to G-d. Only the saving grace of Messiah, His COMPLETE atoning work on the Cross, and His physical resurrection will guarantee heaven to anyone who believes, trusts Christ, and at that moment becomes BORN AGAIN (John 3:3)

No they don't make hell nice. It's eternal damnation to the fires of hell. Where are you from? You don't know much about Christianity.

Then I would claim your belief in the reality of hell and in the possibility of you ending up there are not strong enough.

the desert religions are motivated by self interest guided by perceived paterfamilias being the heavenly mission as the guide for their lives they imperil against all others through persecution and victimization.
It seems it is the religious who are persecuted in this world.

It seems it is the religious who are persecuted in this world.

could that be those not circumvented by the forgeries and fallacies of the self ingratiating congregations of the desert religions -

1653137613772.png

the crucifiers of the 1st century exemplar.

- who have ruled since that time to this day.

Christians aren't monolithic. Some believe it's the absence of God others believe it's Dante's Inferno... And everything in between.
True Christians are monolithic. God doesn't have varying standards of morality.

Forum List

Back