🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Eric VonDanican

Visionary or kook?

Erich von Däniken -- visionary marketer and self-promoter.

Kook scientist

I should point out, that he's not even original ... attributing historical events to influences from space was really the idea of Immanuel Velikovsky and his amazingly vapid book, "World's In Collision".

Both.

He's nuts but he's entertaining as hell if you keep that in mind and don't take him seriously.

I think he actually believes what he's peddling though.

There are plenty of things that are difficult (impossible) to explain both in the physical history of ancient civilizations as well as modern documented UFO phenomena. I don't know why people feel the need to ridicule what is documented fact. As for von Daniken I think he lost credibility when he focused more on self-promotion rather than focus on the subject.

There are plenty of things that are difficult (impossible) to explain both in the physical history of ancient civilizations as well as modern documented UFO phenomena. I don't know why people feel the need to ridicule what is documented fact. As for von Daniken I think he lost credibility when he focused more on self-promotion rather than focus on the subject.
Aliens visiting earth is not "documented fact" but there's a lot of facts that certainly lend themselves to that being a likely possibility.

The problem is that the whole "Ancient Alien" schtick dismisses all other possible answers. It's essentially a religion therefore not bound by fact or scientific evidence but solely on belief.

Aliens visiting earth is not "documented fact" but there's a lot of facts that certainly lend themselves to that being a likely possibility.

The problem is that the whole "Ancient Alien" schtick dismisses all other possible answers. It's essentially a religion therefore not bound by fact or scientific evidence but solely on belief.
But I still love the Ancient Aliens series nonetheless, even though it's kinda silly. I just think it's a fun show to watch.

Like the time they were acting baffled that an excavator tooth was found at the bottom of a ditch dug by an excavator and presumed that since it was found 30 feet underground it must be thousands of years old and is actually the foot that broke off the landing gear of an ancient alien UFO. That was funny.

Another good one is the guy acting absolutely amazed and in disbelief that stonecutters down in South America could make such accurate 90 degree cuts. He tries to show how accurate the cuts are by putting a try-square on the stone and the square rocks back and forth, proving that the stone is not cut even close to 90 degrees.

And that Giorgio dude reminds of a guy that I used to do LSD with back when I was in high school. :lol:

The best send up of this kind of stuff on video is those two meth head friends of Pinkman on Breaking Bad and their hilarious arguments over Star Trek. "It's fuckin science, man!" lol

But I still love the Ancient Aliens series nonetheless, even though it's kinda silly. I just think it's a fun show to watch.

Like the time they were acting baffled that an excavator tooth was found at the bottom of a ditch dug by an excavator and presumed that since it was found 30 feet underground it must be thousands of years old and is actually the foot that broke off the landing gear of an ancient alien UFO. That was funny.

Another good one is the guy acting absolutely amazed and in disbelief that stonecutters down in South America could make such accurate 90 degree cuts. He tries to show how accurate the cuts are by putting a try-square on the stone and the square rocks back and forth, proving that the stone is not cut even close to 90 degrees.

And that Giorgio dude reminds of a guy that I used to do LSD with back when I was in high school. :lol:
Oh it's interesting as and entertaining as all get out. Tsoukakis reminds me of the Centauri from Bablylon 5.

There are some things however that are truely unexplainable that I find fascinating such as the giants and some tech items found, "out of time".

If nothing else they make for great intellectual exercise.

1648302328749.png

~S~

Eric Von Daniken....very interesting all he has to say....I'm always reading his articles.....his thoughts...I like him.

The only thing I don't agree with him...is that he attributes all civilizations before the deluge to aliens....I don't agree with that... I more agree with the concept of Atlantis or something like that.... other civilizations from here ...from Earth...not form outer space.

But again.....what do I know? Still I like him.

Why only two choices? The guy has a theory that makes him a buck and it doesn't rise to the level of visionary or make him a kook. It's just a theory.

Why only two choices? The guy has a theory that makes him a buck and it doesn't rise to the level of visionary or make him a kook. It's just a theory.
I think he meets both standards.

I have no idea if he is right or wrong but I love his willingness to put it all out there and consequences be damned.

Forum List

Back