'Essence of authoritarianism': Expert warns 'Project 2025' would create a Trump 'autocracy'

This is where I become annoyed at propagandists.

Why not just say he wants to replace ALL civil servants?

Half lies are never as entertaining as full on whoppers.
Because what I said was accurate

And? So someone wrote an opinion piece. If you believe this, then are are we to assume that agenda 21 and agenda 2030 are true also?
Did a major think tank with ties to the White House write a 900 page agenda document about agenda 21?

No?

You’re a dishonest hack?

Oh

Trump issued an Executive Order instituting “Schedule F” in 2020.

That’s included in this

The Heritage Foundation — a well-funded, influential far-right group in Washington, DC — has been quietly vetting tens of thousands of arch-conservative acolytes to staff up the federal government under the next Republican administration as part of its "Project 2025" presidential transition plan. One scholar of authoritarian movements around the globe is sounding the alarm over what that would mean should former President Donald Trump win a second term in the White House.

During a Saturday segment on MSNBC, New York University professor Ruth Ben-Ghiat told host Ali Velshi that Project 2025 would effectively transform American government from a meritocratic democracy to a regime resembling Vladimir Putin's Russia. She pointed to Heritage's calls to eliminate numerous government agencies that serve as checks on the executive branch as merely one example.

"The essence of authoritarianism is removing restraints on the leader and making him immune from prosecution by domesticating government," Ben-Ghiat said. "And so some of what Project 2025 proposes, like abolishing the DOJ and the FBI is designed for that end, to make it impossible to prosecute Trump and allow him to commit crimes with impunity."

More at the link below...

Sounds ominous to me! What do you think?
The left wing authoritarian control freaks are deeply concerned about authoritarianism.....

Did a major think tank with ties to the White House write a 900 page agenda document about agenda 21?

No?

You’re a dishonest hack?

Oh

No, agenda 21 and agenda 2030 were the brain child of the United Nations……

Point is, should we assume they are true? Based on what you all believe about project 25, maybe we should.

There is a reason Trump farmed out the policy book (Project 2025) for a new admin to the Heritage Foundation and former members of his admin. The ones he claims to not know.

It gives him (im)plausible deniability when it comes to standing behind what the actual policies are. Like eliminating the Dept. of Ed from which all funding to public schools is initiated. Like firing any federal employee who did not object to DEI training.

Don rubber stamped the POT platform because it doesn't really have any substance. It's essentially a compilation of his crazy social media posts with all sorts of nutty proclamations like "end inflation" but no detailed plan to do so.

No, agenda 21 and agenda 2030 were the brain child of the United Nations……

Point is, should we assume they are true? Based on what you all believe about project 25, maybe we should.
Oh Christ… here we go.

And the earth is flat and Bigfoot walks the earth

There is a reason Trump farmed out the policy book (Project 2025) for a new admin to the Heritage Foundation and former members of his admin. The ones he claims to not know.

It gives him (im)plausible deniability when it comes to standing behind what the actual policies are. Like eliminating the Dept. of Ed from which all funding to public schools is initiated. Like firing any federal employee who did not object to DEI training.

Don rubber stamped the POT platform because it doesn't really have any substance. It's essentially a compilation of his crazy social media posts with all sorts of nutty proclamations like "end inflation" but no detailed plan to do so.
Exactly

Project 2025 IS the Trump platform

Lefties have conveniently short memories. After the fascist authoritarianism of the Fauci/Biden Covid lockdown the crazy left wants to scare Americans with a relatively benign Heritage Foundation scenario that was rewritten by the left. How many elderly citizens in NY did Gov. Cuomo kill with his executive order that forced nursing homes to admit infected Covid patients? In a just world Andrew Cuomo would have been convicted of negligent homicide.

Oh Christ… here we go.

And the earth is flat and Bigfoot walks the earth
What part are you scoffing at here? The fact that agend 21 and 2030 were written by the UN, or that I questioned, under similar situations to project 2025, should we also then question 21/30?

Lefties have conveniently short memories. After the fascist authoritarianism of the Fauci/Biden Covid lockdown the crazy left wants to scare Americans with a relatively benign Heritage Foundation scenario that was rewritten by the left. How many elderly citizens in NY did Gov. Cuomo kill with his executive order that forced nursing homes to admit infected Covid patients? In a just world Andrew Cuomo would have been convicted of negligent homicide.
“Relatively benign Heritage Foindation”

Nothing relative or benign about it

After the fascist authoritarianism of the Fauci/Biden Covid lockdown

DeSantis says he disagreed with Trump’s decision to shut down economy at start of pandemic​

Another act by Trump shoved down the memory hole.

What part are you scoffing at here? The fact that agend 21 and 2030 were written by the UN, or that I questioned, under similar situations to project 2025, should we also then question 21/30?
Tell us what you think those things are? Are they proposals for for making voluntary sustainable changes in the world or are they a plot to take over the world?

This ought to be interesting

DeSantis says he disagreed with Trump’s decision to shut down economy at start of pandemic​

Another act by Trump shoved down the memory hole.
TRUMP’S DECISION

Tell us what you think those things are? Are they proposals for for making voluntary sustainable changes in the world or are they a plot to take over the world?

This ought to be interesting

Depends on who you talk to, some say it’s a land grab, and has some other bad things in it. I haven’t read the hundreds of pages long documents.

It is, however, being implemented by the UN, as a guide of how member states should do things. Last I checked, the UN wasn’t our government. It would appear the be the UN laying environmental policy for other countries, including the U.S.

I’ve also only glanced at project 2025, which appears to just be a road map to the the presidential transition…mostly it seems they want to do what they didn’t do last time, which was eradicate all those Obama holdovers and democrat loyalists who, at every turn, tried to stumble trumps administration. I think that is smart. Why keep people in there who are just going to always try and get in your way?

Depends on who you talk to, some say it’s a land grab, and has some other bad things in it. I haven’t read the hundreds of pages long documents.

It is, however, being implemented by the UN, as a guide of how member states should do things. Last I checked, the UN wasn’t our government. It would appear the be the UN laying environmental policy for other countries, including the U.S.

I’ve also only glanced at project 2025, which appears to just be a road map to the the presidential transition…mostly it seems they want to do what they didn’t do last time, which was eradicate all those Obama holdovers and democrat loyalists who, at every turn, tried to stumble trumps administration. I think that is smart. Why keep people in there who are just going to always try and get in your way?
Agenda 21 is a voluntary program with lofty goals.

Comparing that to this is about as dishonest as you could possibly get and you do it to pander to the nutjobs

You’re a cynical hack

Agenda 21 is a voluntary program with lofty goals.

Comparing that to this is about as dishonest as you could possibly get and you do it to pander to the nutjobs

You’re a cynical hack

You ignore the issues that have come out that say 21/30 are land grabs, and more about behavior control than anything. Conspiracies? Sure.

It was to that when I made my point about the comparison between 21/30 and 25.

Forum List

Back