Establishment Republicans Consider Working with Democrats to Pick House Speaker

Um Ryan wasn't driven out....the Dems got the majority and Nancy took over...again.

The problem with the Dems is they aren't open to new ideas or leadership...that's why Nancy is the only person that ever gets the Speakership when the Dems have a majority....

Nancy has the Speakership because she gets things done.
Even with small majorities, she works behind the scenes to hammer out an agreement

Something Republicans are incapable of.

I pity McCarthy, but he gets what he deserves

Even with small majorities, she works behind the scenes to hammer out an agreement

Nah, she gets it because the Dems are the party of old rich white people...they don't have any new ideas.

What agreements has she ever gotten? Her only claim to fame was Obamacare, that got zero support from Republicans, a law she didn't even know what was in it, and for the most part has been gutted by the GOP and the Courts for being illegal

Do you think Nancy can give McCarthy a few tips on insider trading and selling your soul to Lucifer?

There is sooo much McCarthy must learn to do the job correctly.

I really wish they (D) had retained control of the house, now all we'll hear is endless whining about how the R's are 'obstructing' them, just yet another scape goat opportunity and they'll exploit it to the fullest.

Democriminals are going to whine no matter what happens. The traitors will whine all the way to Gitmo or the gallows. Keeps things fun.

wow, you really don't keep up with current events....Liz is out of a job in Jan.....the people of the great state of Wyoming rejected Liz's power grab and alliance with the Demafascist

So why not pick her to be House Speaker?

Pelosi got things done as Speaker

Something McCarthy doesn’t have a prayer of

I disagree completely. McCarthy, as speaker , should be able to put the brakes on a lot of Sleepy Joe's Extremism and at least slow down the decay of America.

And that's what people who voted Republican in 2022 wanted when they were sealed in the voting cubicles this month. They didn't want someone who would just bend a knee to Brandon's will.

I disagree completely. McCarthy, as speaker , should be able to put the brakes on a lot of Sleepy Joe's Extremism and at least slow down the decay of America.
We elected a GOP house to protect us from the extremism of the Biden Admninistration
So...
"Obstruction" = working as intended.

So why not pick her to be House Speaker?

Maybe if the Democrats are able to edge out a majority they might want her.

But the Republicans would be sort of foolish to surrender control of the House voluntarily after spending so much time to win a majority. Ms. Cheney isn't very popular with Republicans, you know.

And that's what people who voted Republican in 2022 wanted when they were sealed in the voting cubicles this month. They didn't want someone who would just bend a knee to Brandon's will.

You mean McCarthy will be ineffective

Republicans ran on how bad Democrats were on inflation and gas prices

Now you are admitting they plan to do nothing

You mean McCarthy will be ineffective

Republicans ran on how bad Democrats were on inflation and gas prices

Now you are admitting they plan to do nothing

What's "ineffective"? The idea is to stop Biden from destroying the country completely.

If he can do that, he would be very effective. Give the USA a chance to come back.

What's "ineffective"? The idea is to stop Biden from destroying the country completely.

If he can do that, he would be very effective. Give the USA a chance to come back.

Republicans ran on doing something about inflation and gas prices

Investigating Hunter Biden does nothing to stop inflation

Can you believe these imbeciles? The party needs to be cleansed of these idiots. What can Republicans possibly gain by allowing Dims to have a hand in choosing their leaders? That would make as much sense as allowing Adolph Hitler to choose our generals during WW II.

While the Republican Party will vote on a nominee for House Speaker on Tuesday for the projected GOP-led Congress next year, some establishment Republicans are considering working with House Democrats to select a Speaker.
GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), the favored candidate to win the party’s nomination for Speaker, will face a challenge from at least one of his colleagues during Tuesday’s vote.​
That's what we are suppose to do, Both party's working together to Balance the needs of ALL Americans.

Forum List

Back