Europe Begging for US Natural Gas

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Is the tide turning? Will our anti-petro administration permit it? And, will it increase pressure on the EPA to allow more distilleries and export facilities?

4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis
March 8, 2014 - BY JOSH LEDERMAN, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Four Central European nations are urging the United States to boost natural gas exports to Europe as a hedge against the possibility that Russia could cut off its supply of gas to Ukraine.

See more at: 4 nations urge US gas exports amid Ukraine crisis | CNS News

And, the next question is – when will the US start using more and efficient way to use the energy source it appears we have in mind-bending amounts? :eusa_whistle:

U.S. natural gas would first have to be liquified before being shipped over. Doesn't seem real efficient or cost effective for Europeans.

My question is; if we are showing such an abundance, why would we NOT be allowed to export? It means $$$ for the companies, the workers, and those who service them.

To longknife: Exactly so.

I’m not sure of the economics involved in pipelines and vessels.

Gas is liquified under extreme pressure or taken down to absolute zero (minus 459.67 Fahrenheit).

Here’s a picture of the preferred type of LNG ship:

images

Here’s another design:

images

But OMG what would be the carbon footprint? :lol:

The hypocrisy from all the tree huggers in Europe really makes this funny. And what will really crack me up is if the Darryl Hannah's of the west agree to this and still have the freaking balls to campaign against the Keystone.

Forum List

Back