EV maker slashes prices as it tries to avoid bankruptcy

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
EV companies can’t survive in California. In fact, very few companies can survive in Democrat controlled California. But every EV company is hurting, even with the high gas prices.

California-based electric vehicle startup Fisker slashed the prices of some of its vehicles as it fights to avoid bankruptcy after a potential deal with another automaker fell through.

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2023 Ocean electric SUV lineup in the U.S., which is equipped with Fisker’s 2024 Ocean OS software version 2.0, fell by tens of thousands of dollars.

Fisker lowered the MSRP for the 2023 Ocean Extreme trim from $61,499 to $37,499, the company said Wednesday. The 2023 Ultra trim will be priced at $34,999, down from $52,999, and the 2023 Sport will be priced at $24,999, down from $38,999, according to the automaker.

It isn't that the cars are electric, it is that they are absurd in size, power and price. The equivalent of a VW Beetle (30kw, five passengers, 110 kph, hundreds of km range, 15,000) is reasonable and would be popular.

Last edited:
EV companies can’t survive in California. In fact, very few companies can survive in Democrat controlled California. But every EV company is hurting, even with the high gas prices.

California-based electric vehicle startup Fisker slashed the prices of some of its vehicles as it fights to avoid bankruptcy after a potential deal with another automaker fell through.

The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the 2023 Ocean electric SUV lineup in the U.S., which is equipped with Fisker’s 2024 Ocean OS software version 2.0, fell by tens of thousands of dollars.

Fisker lowered the MSRP for the 2023 Ocean Extreme trim from $61,499 to $37,499, the company said Wednesday. The 2023 Ultra trim will be priced at $34,999, down from $52,999, and the 2023 Sport will be priced at $24,999, down from $38,999, according to the automaker.

Can't they round up the homeless and offer them free needles if they work for them?

No matter, I think these companies were designed to go bankrupt. That way the Climate Cult will come in and bail them out using your money as inflation goes even higher.

It's all by design.

Can't they round up the homeless and offer them free needles if they work for them?

No matter, I think these companies were designed to go bankrupt. That way the Climate Cult will come in and bail them out using your money as inflation goes even higher.

It's all by design.

They lose 6k on every EV sold.

Strange

Rivian reportedly loses $30k on every EV they sell, and that includes the fact they have added costly, mandatory "options" that add ten grand to their already high price.

But they make wonderful vehicles. They are fast, useful, stylish, convenient, and extremely inexpensive to operate. "We" should be pulling for companies like this, not bad-mouthing them and wishing they would go bankrupt.

Many companies go through periods when they lose tons of money, but the business model eventually pulls them out of the fire and they thrive. Amazon was a failed company that sought to compete successfully against Borders and Barnes & Noble, but they figured it out, and are now a retailing behemoth.

Libby (above) has not met one person who supports EV's????? She needs to get out more. I love my Tesla Model 3, and everyone I've met who drives one, new or used, feels the same way. With discounts and tax credits, I bought this fantastic M3-beater for a little over thirty grand, and I fill up in my garage, overnight, once a week for about $10.

Yeah, I support EV's.

Rivian reportedly loses $30k on every EV they sell, and that includes the fact they have added costly, mandatory "options" that add ten grand to their already high price.

But they make wonderful vehicles. They are fast, useful, stylish, convenient, and extremely inexpensive to operate. "We" should be pulling for companies like this, not bad-mouthing them and wishing they would go bankrupt.

Many companies go through periods when they lose tons of money, but the business model eventually pulls them out of the fire and they thrive. Amazon was a failed company that sought to compete successfully against Borders and Barnes & Noble, but they figured it out, and are now a retailing behemoth.

Libby (above) has not met one person who supports EV's????? She needs to get out more. I love my Tesla Model 3, and everyone I've met who drives one, new or used, feels the same way. With discounts and tax credits, I bought this fantastic M3-beater for a little over thirty grand, and I fill up in my garage, overnight, once a week for about $10.

Yeah, I support EV's.

Good luck planning a road trip and finding a charging station

We need to make sure to keep guns away from Democrats because they are always shooting themselves in the foot. It's for their own good.

Yeah, I support EV's.
EV's are hard on the environment, too expensive to replace their batteries, too heavy for the road making road conditions more hazardous, harder on tires, and not enough natural resources to make enough of them to replace gas cars.

Did I mention they are not affordable for most?

But the kicker is, the Climate Cult will mandate them anyway.

Why are they even doing this when they still use fossil fuels for the electricity to fuel them?

Idiots.

EV's are hard on the environment, too expensive to replace their batteries, too heavy for the road making road conditions more hazardous, harder on tires, and not enough natural resources to make enough of them to replace gas cars.

Did I mention they are not affordable for most?

But the kicker is, the Climate Cult will mandate them anyway.

Why are they even doing this when they still use fossil fuels for the electricity to fuel them?

Idiots.
Hilarious fuckup

EVs cost $40-50K while all those trucks bubba drives are $75K+

And not all power produced is from legacy fossils.

Forum List

Back