Every time I see the feminine pronoun used in Starfinder Core Rulebook, it distracts me...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I am reading Starfinder Core Rulebook, which is the book that sets out all the rules for the new science fantasy role playing game Starfinder.

And in almost all cases, the writers use the feminine pronoun.

This is a big distraction for me, because I know they are doing this to appease the feminazis.

It is a reminder that Paizo, the publisher, is run by cowards who won't stand up to fascist pressure tactics from the left.

Also, when they had a section about what to do about "trouble maker" players who ruin the game, they switched, just for that section, to the male pronoun.

Making their cowardice even more obvious, because they would not want to say negative things about "her" or imply that a female could be a trouble maker who the GM would have to kick out of the game.

True, the AD&D book was quite sexist by modern standards, as many females were portrayed with very little clothing. Also, you tended to see in fantasy fiction women in chainmail bikinis that covered only their breasts and private parts, but left most of their bodies exposed, while males were portrayed with chainmail that covered all of their bodies.

Forum List

Back