Excellent

Positions should be on merit and not because of the colour of someone's skin, handing positions out based on the criteria of someone's skin colour is racist.

This Affirmative Action situation is a racist and discriminating programme, it deliberately awards people positions because of the colour of their skin and nothing else.

A little background on the issue of AA might provide some perspective:

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke

So you are advocating that people should not be awarded positions on merit, they should just be handed things because of the colour of their skin.

Why would you support such a blatantly racist and discriminating programme? Why do Blacks need helping up a ladder like this programme helps them? Without Affirmative Action are you saying that Blacks wouldn't be able to achieve anything solely on merit?

That is not what I wrote or what I believe, and it's pretty clear you didn't read the link or understand it. Your premise in the first paragraph is untrue, and in the second a clear example of a Straw Man logical fallacy.

One of my many jobs was to manage the recruitment and background checks of prospective LEO's. In that capacity I had the responsibility to make the final decision as to who would advance in the process and who would not. Color, race, ethnicity, religion had zero influence on my decision, since most were weeded out before I saw them and before their first interview (Written applications have a tear off section asking their race / ethnicity which remained with HR and I did not see, nor did my staff).

On average, of the 100 apps received, only three made it to the streets, and even then they were on Probation for a full 12 months. As part of the consent decree I did speak on High School and Jr. college campuses on a career in Law Enforcement and encouraged women and colored men and women how important it is for those they would encounter - victims, witnesses and suspects - who looked like them.

How about the NBA? That's pretty discriminatory towards whites, you know.

The NBA has open tryouts.

So does Harvard.

Forum List

Back