Exclusive– GOP Campaigns Agree to Cut RNC Out of Debate Process, Negotiate Directly with Networks

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Now what GENIUS among the many candidates could have come up with that brilliant idea?....Trump, Trump, Trump!...... Cut out the pricks that hate you, and the others follow a good idea!

Breitbart ^ | Nov 1, 2015 | Matthew Boyle
The 2016 GOP presidential campaigns agreed on Sunday evening to cut the Republican National Committee (RNC) out of the debate negotiation process and instead deal directly with networks moderating debates, Breitbart News has learned. Corey Lewandowski, the campaign manager for frontrunner Donald Trump, confirmed to Breitbart News via phone on Sunday that the “biggest consensus” of five separate points the GOP campaigns agreed on was cutting the RNC out of the negotiations with the networks, as the campaigns would each like to negotiate with the networks directly. In response to the revelation that the RNC will be cut out of...

n47eo.jpg

This is gonna be good for the outsiders. I don't trust the RNC, they don't have a very good track record for negotiating debates as we clearly saw last week.

'The campaigns reached an early consensus on one issue, according to several operatives in the room: the secure standing of Fox News Channel. Any changes would be applied to debates after next week’s Fox Business Network debate. Among the reasons, according to one operative in the room, was that “people are afraid to make Roger [Ailes] mad,” a reference to the network’s chief.

Bush campaign manager Danny Diaz recommended that Telemundo be reinstated after being dropped along with NBC. But the campaign of businessman Donald Trump, represented by manager Corey Lewandowski, threatened to boycott a debate if the Spanish-language network that Trump has clashed with was granted one.'

GOP contenders demand greater control over crucial debates

Truly a mess – the GOP is in complete disarray.

Obviously republicans aren't interested in winning the GE next year; if they can't even function as a 'party,' how can they be expected to govern.

This is a great day, it's about time the establishment lose it's strangle hold on the process.

Here's what the candidates were promised by CNBC . They sure as hell didn't get it. And the RNC stepped in too little and too late. The campaigns are really making a smart move to protect their candidates from any more "debate debacles".

YAY! although the DM finds the requests bizarre I don't. I had really tough riders for my clients. You have to.

"CNBC billed the debate as one that would focus on “the key issues that matter to all voters — job growth, taxes, technology, retirement and the health of our national economy.” That was not the case.

Before the debate, the candidates were promised an opening question on economic or financial matters. That was not the case. Candidates were promised that speaking time would be carefully monitored to ensure fairness. That was not the case.

Questions were inaccurate or downright offensive. The first question directed to one of our candidates asked if he was running a comic book version of a presidential campaign, hardly in the spirit of how the debate was billed.

While debates are meant to include tough questions and contrast candidates’ visions and policies for the future of America, CNBC’s moderators engaged in a series of “gotcha” questions, petty and mean-spirited in tone, and designed to embarrass our candidates.

What took place Wednesday night was not an attempt to give the American people a greater understanding of our candidates’ policies and ideas.

I have tremendous respect for the First Amendment and freedom of the press. However, I also expect the media to host a substantive debate on consequential issues important to Americans. CNBC did not."

Where are the toilets? Republicans' odd demands for future debates

Forum List

Back