Executive Branch spent over $340,000,000 on lavish conferences

As I said...
1) Washington DC is full of conference centers...they chose instead to fly everyone to the other side of the country instead - all expenses paid.
2) One example shows how they spent $52,000 for dinner entertainment.
3) Some of the conferences cost over $3,000,000 - $3 MILLION!!!

I've attended quite a few government conferences in my day. Even put on a few. The key cost of conferences was not the room and frills, but the cost of perdiem for the attendees. Washington DC is one of the most expensive perdiem areas in the country. $200 a night for the hotel room and $71 for meals. Add in airfares to get there and you are looking at $2000 per attendee.

I once jokingly suggested that we should have a conference in Vegas instead of the DC area. We actually checked the cost of conference rooms, hotel rooms and flights to Vegas and found it cost about half of what a DC conference cost. Flights, hotels and meals in Vegas are really cheap.

But you know what happens if you have a conference in Vegas, the conservatives go nuts

I call bullshit. (not you, on the necessity of conferences where all expenses are paid)
I am a businessman, and have been for a few decades. Before video conferences, webinars etc. I used to travel 4-5 times a year to attend conferences and expos. My personal travel budget some years pushed $10,000.
That was then.
Since 2008, I have went to ONE conference. Five years...one conference.
And I am by far not alone. Large conferences and distant meetings are a thing of the past.
I sit through and conduct dozens of webinars and vid conferences now. It is obviously cheaper and has fantastic advantages over traditional conferences.
This is what businesses do WHEN THEY FOOT THE BILL.
But of course the government has no expenses they are responsible for. They have a limitless supply of our money - and when they run out of that - they borrow more.

This is a perfect example of government waste and excess. You know it, I know it.

Why would they cancel such events when they are enjoying these sprees on the taxpayer dollar? The American people are paying for this and the Obama adminstration does not care about adding to the burden of taxpayers which is why he won't quit SPENDING.

tell Obama to cancel the 30 billion dollar check he is about to hand the Afghans. That 30 billion is American taxpayer dollars and he has no business handing it out to his friends over there...

I've attended quite a few government conferences in my day. Even put on a few. The key cost of conferences was not the room and frills, but the cost of perdiem for the attendees. Washington DC is one of the most expensive perdiem areas in the country. $200 a night for the hotel room and $71 for meals. Add in airfares to get there and you are looking at $2000 per attendee.

I once jokingly suggested that we should have a conference in Vegas instead of the DC area. We actually checked the cost of conference rooms, hotel rooms and flights to Vegas and found it cost about half of what a DC conference cost. Flights, hotels and meals in Vegas are really cheap.

But you know what happens if you have a conference in Vegas, the conservatives go nuts

I call bullshit. (not you, on the necessity of conferences where all expenses are paid)
I am a businessman, and have been for a few decades. Before video conferences, webinars etc. I used to travel 4-5 times a year to attend conferences and expos. My personal travel budget some years pushed $10,000.
That was then.
And I am by far not alone. Large conferences and distant meetings are a thing of the past.
I sit through and conduct dozens of webinars and vid conferences now. It is obviously cheaper and has fantastic advantages over traditional conferences.
But of course the government has no expenses they are responsible for. They have a limitless supply of our money - and when they run out of that - they borrow more.

This is a perfect example of government waste and excess. You know it, I know it.

If it makes you feel better, the government has also cut way back on the number of conferences and the number of employees allowed to attend. Most of the government conferences I attended were far from lavish. The ones hosted by Defense Contractors were quite lavish. But the ones hosted from agency funds were pretty spartan. We were expected to kick into the kitty to pay for coffee and doughnuts

Personally, I tried to avoid conferences after the initial thrill wore off. But I am not willing to declare them all as a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Turns out the CEO was a communist just like Bill Ayers father Tom Ayers was while pretending to be a conservative to the rest of the world. Typical commie behavior. I'm telling ya.

That was then.

If it makes you feel better, the government has also cut way back on the number of conferences and the number of employees allowed to attend. Most of the government conferences I attended were far from lavish. The ones hosted by Defense Contractors were quite lavish. But the ones hosted from agency funds were pretty spartan. We were expected to kick into the kitty to pay for coffee and doughnuts

Personally, I tried to avoid conferences after the initial thrill wore off. But I am not willing to declare them all as a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Turns out the CEO was a communist just like Bill Ayers father Tom Ayers was while pretending to be a conservative to the rest of the world. Typical commie behavior. I'm telling ya.

WTF? :eek:

Forum List

Back