Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

200 threads ago there is a person who keeps spamming the same thing about corporations are good and people are bad
I offer a resolution to welfare cost by lowering the corporate tax rate and he has told me that is not a conservative fix
How do we get some-one like that to just go away? I mean really you have Jake who hates GWB so much, ignoring him is a wste of time
Bern, chill out okay? think about the problem as it is and not as you think it is

1) we pay ALL taxes
2) lowering the corporate tax rate is not an idea BHO is trying to pass on to us. Cutting it 40% I have shown allows enough money to up the minimum wage 4.00 an hour for 20 million people, it grows the economy and does not cost us 1 penny

Now explain to us why you think corporations get a free pass and the tax payer holds all the burden Bern or just stop

WE GOT IT 200 THREADS AGO DUDE

If that's all you've gotten from my posts than you haven't been intellectually honest for quite some time. I'm not giving the corporations a break. The simple fact remains the same as it has for the last 200 posts. PROVIDING FOR YOUR BASIC NEEDS IS NOT YOUR EMPLOYER'S RESPONSIBILITY. THEREFORE THEY ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE ANYONE ENOUGH TO LIVE ON. That is the singular issue we are debating here and you keep avoiding it by bringing things like corporate tax rates which is another discussion entirely.

STILL $11/hour, the equivalent of 1968's. What do greedy myopic Pubs and silly dupes have against poor workers having a good life and providing demand? A-holes? Racists? MORONS? All of the above?
LOL!

The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison. And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?

More Ronny- He's the demented bought off fool that got us in this mess. Great salesman though...magic! If corps don't believe in supporting their workers, the gov't has to make the myopic a-holes live up to the social contract.

If it takes 15.00 an hour to have a "living" wage, well I really dont have an issue with that except that really all your doing is raising the cost to build a widget, or grow a widget to a point in which the 8.00 an hour becomes 15.00 an hour it seems to me
What is a living wage?

Here is the whole issue with wages. A very large portion of our economy comes from consumer spending. The lowest income earners spend the greatest percentage of their incomes on products and services. The ability for consumers to spend, meaning they have money to spend, is what drives our economy. As spending power decreases among the middle class and underclass, so goes the economy. Rich people do buy goods and services, but they don't buy nearly as much as the rest of us do. If the top ten percent are earning approximately 45% of income, and the other 90% is earning the other 55%, do you really think that the top 10% is putting that money all back into the economy?

Increasing the wages of the lowest income earners will just put all that money right back into the economy. Everyone benefits. Of course it isn't quite so simple as just giving everyone a raise. However, when we look at the amount that the top income earners have increased their incomes by, we must ask ourselves what are they using that money for? Are they putting it back into the economy? With American businesses sitting on over $2 trillion in cash, the obvious answer is no. If that money was in the pockets of American workers, it would all be put right back into the economy creating substantial growth.

I am not saying that this is the solution, but just explaining that is how things actually work. Making it so is another story. The other problem that we have is that the baby boomers have reduced their spending considerably just due to the fact that they have everything they need. So we now have reduced spending on two fronts, the wealthy baby boomers and the rest of the populace that is just struggling to get by. But on the other end, we have the wealthy who continue to gain wealth while the rest of the country takes it up the ass.

Then with all of this happening, we have people like Herman Cain telling us we need to drastically reduce taxes on the wealthy, those who are already increasing their wealth, while increasing taxes on everyone else, those who are already losing any wealthy they may have. It really makes sane people scratch their heads.

Increasing the wages of the lowest income earners will just put all that money right back into the economy. Everyone benefits

Obama should tax the rich and pay the bottom 50% of workers $30 an hour, to dig holes and fill them in.
Everybody benefits. Right?
Any flaws in this scenario?
Sarcasm, I hope?

Ben 80 you made your point 200 threads ago. Your 100% pro corporation, people mean nothin

Now you really are a liar. Not only did I not say I was 100% pro-corporation, I made it quite clear that there are plenty of rights a worker has. Of the rights a worker may have we are debating only one. Whether or not an employee has the right to obligate his/her employer to provide them enough to live on.

and all you want to do is pretend your a conservative. Your giving us a bad name, to be honest i think your a plant

Let me get this straight. I'm a %100 pro corporate america...........liberal? I'm not a liberal bud. Everyone on this board knows it. You're simply calling me one so you don't have to confront how liberal YOUR position is. You've had no less than three people tell you that now. Does that register in your brain at all?

CUTTING THE CORPORATE TAX RATE 40% IS A LIBERAL IDEA BERN?

The above? No. Unfortunately for you that isn't the policy action we're talking about here, and you know it. The liberal stance of yours we are referring to is your position that government should make all business pay a living wage. THAT is the liberal position of yours we are referring to. Stop trying to weasel around out.

Bud liar? you have posted countless threads stating everything for the corporations and 0 for the working class, Thats a fact
Bern claiming you are an American should come first, I do not agree with any policy BHO has for jobs, taxes as well as he treats the constitution, but that dones not mean I am going to spend any energy attacking him
You are a closet liberal, you have nothing to offer, you do not understand the way our system works, so instead of trying to learn you attck the messanger
Micheal Moore
Bill Mayer
Move.on,org
MSNBC
same thing

Bern corporations must be part of every solution, I have no idea where you got this idea that there not resp for any-thing. What you have done is demand they keep paying the highest corporate tax rate in the world, which means the consumer who pays it for them, never mind

Bern where you have lost all respect for me is your childish name calling as well as you defending the corporations and throw the tax payer under the bus with every thread
go away and leave this debate to those who have real conversation
Liar is that it?

200 threads ago there is a person who keeps spamming the same thing about corporations are good and people are bad
I offer a resolution to welfare cost by lowering the corporate tax rate and he has told me that is not a conservative fix
How do we get some-one like that to just go away? I mean really you have Jake who hates GWB so much, ignoring him is a wste of time
Bern, chill out okay? think about the problem as it is and not as you think it is

1) we pay ALL taxes
2) lowering the corporate tax rate is not an idea BHO is trying to pass on to us. Cutting it 40% I have shown allows enough money to up the minimum wage 4.00 an hour for 20 million people, it grows the economy and does not cost us 1 penny

Now explain to us why you think corporations get a free pass and the tax payer holds all the burden Bern or just stop

If that's all you've gotten from my posts than you haven't been intellectually honest for quite some time. I'm not giving the corporations a break. The simple fact remains the same as it has for the last 200 posts. PROVIDING FOR YOUR BASIC NEEDS IS NOT YOUR EMPLOYER'S RESPONSIBILITY. THEREFORE THEY ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE ANYONE ENOUGH TO LIVE ON. That is the singular issue we are debating here and you keep avoiding it by bringing things like corporate tax rates which is another discussion entirely.

STILL $11/hour, the equivalent of 1968's. What do greedy myopic Pubs and silly dupes have against poor workers having a good life and providing demand? A-holes? Racists? MORONS? All of the above?
LOL!

The USA is the only modern country in the world where full time workers live in poverty and have no health care (750k bankruptcies a year, most HAVE insurance - crap insurance!)After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison. And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole?

More Ronny- He's the demented bought off fool that got us in this mess. Great salesman though...magic! If corps don't believe in supporting their workers, the gov't has to make the myopic a-holes live up to the social contract.

the one thing you and I can agree on, is this the onky thing we have ever agreed on. Corporate America has a resp the same the goct does to allow them to make a profit
I agree that a person cannot get ins on 7.75 an hour
Bern would rather have the tax payer supply it. free market solutions are the best, but the free market cannnot resolve anything when so many people make so little of a wage that put in a honest days work

we will spend over 1 trillion dollars in tax payers wealth in welfare, medicare and medicade, Bern even thinks that my proposal of cutting taxes to a level in which a living wage comes from it, well he has never offered his feelings on it. he is not a conservative i can tell you that, he gives a bad name

Here is the whole issue with wages. A very large portion of our economy comes from consumer spending. The lowest income earners spend the greatest percentage of their incomes on products and services. The ability for consumers to spend, meaning they have money to spend, is what drives our economy. As spending power decreases among the middle class and underclass, so goes the economy. Rich people do buy goods and services, but they don't buy nearly as much as the rest of us do. If the top ten percent are earning approximately 45% of income, and the other 90% is earning the other 55%, do you really think that the top 10% is putting that money all back into the economy?

Increasing the wages of the lowest income earners will just put all that money right back into the economy. Everyone benefits. Of course it isn't quite so simple as just giving everyone a raise. However, when we look at the amount that the top income earners have increased their incomes by, we must ask ourselves what are they using that money for? Are they putting it back into the economy? With American businesses sitting on over $2 trillion in cash, the obvious answer is no. If that money was in the pockets of American workers, it would all be put right back into the economy creating substantial growth.

I am not saying that this is the solution, but just explaining that is how things actually work. Making it so is another story. The other problem that we have is that the baby boomers have reduced their spending considerably just due to the fact that they have everything they need. So we now have reduced spending on two fronts, the wealthy baby boomers and the rest of the populace that is just struggling to get by. But on the other end, we have the wealthy who continue to gain wealth while the rest of the country takes it up the ass.

Then with all of this happening, we have people like Herman Cain telling us we need to drastically reduce taxes on the wealthy, those who are already increasing their wealth, while increasing taxes on everyone else, those who are already losing any wealthy they may have. It really makes sane people scratch their heads.

Increasing the wages of the lowest income earners will just put all that money right back into the economy. Everyone benefits

Obama should tax the rich and pay the bottom 50% of workers $30 an hour, to dig holes and fill them in.
Everybody benefits. Right?
Any flaws in this scenario?
Sarcasm, I hope?

Sarcasm. Or Obama's next speech to the nation.

Bud liar? you have posted countless threads stating everything for the corporations and 0 for the working class, Thats a fact
Bern claiming you are an American should come first, I do not agree with any policy BHO has for jobs, taxes as well as he treats the constitution, but that dones not mean I am going to spend any energy attacking him
You are a closet liberal, you have nothing to offer, you do not understand the way our system works, so instead of trying to learn you attck the messanger
Micheal Moore
Bill Mayer
Move.on,org
MSNBC
same thing

Bern corporations must be part of every solution, I have no idea where you got this idea that there not resp for any-thing. What you have done is demand they keep paying the highest corporate tax rate in the world, which means the consumer who pays it for them, never mind

Bern where you have lost all respect for me is your childish name calling as well as you defending the corporations and throw the tax payer under the bus with every thread
go away and leave this debate to those who have real conversation
Liar is that it?

All I wanted to do at this point is point out what an ass backwards goof ball JRK is at this point. You clearly don't have the integrity to be honest about what people say or directly respond to any inconsistencies in your theory. You've actually done it twice now. For the record according to JRK being a liberal now means being pro-corporate america and anti-worker. Keep on diggin bud.

Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since 2/4/2010- don't be duped...again. Stimulus worked-ran out in 2010.

I'm sorry- dupes are great people- but I can't take their lazy, ignorant, careless, stupid politics a minute longer. Sorry.

Pubs have blocked EVERYTHING since 2/4/2010- don't be duped...again. Stimulus worked-ran out in 2010.

I'm sorry- dupes are great people- but I can't take their lazy, ignorant, careless, stupid politics a minute longer. Sorry.

Obama, where are the JOBS?

1) we pay ALL taxes

Then we have no resp as tax payers to allow them to our interstates. we paid for them
Then the next time the WTC gets attacke, we will just allow the OBLs and Saddams to come and get all of there wealth

WHAT PART OF THEY PAY 0 IN TAXES DONT YOU GET?
IF THERE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THERE PART OF THE PROBLEM AND WHEN IT COMES TO A LIVING WAGE THEY ARE THE PROBLEM
NOT THE TAX PAYER

Bern go to Florida, buy a widget that costs 10.00, on you recipt you will see a state sales tax added
now if companies do that where sales tax instead of income tax is used to collect, whats the diff?

by the way state tax is 6% in Florida, so that item would be 10.60

Last edited:

1) we pay ALL taxes

Then we have no resp as tax payers to allow them to our interstates. we paid for them
Then the next time the WTC gets attacke, we will just allow the OBLs and Saddams to come and get all of there wealth

IF THERE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION, THERE PART OF THE PROBLEM AND WHEN IT COMES TO A LIVING WAGE THEY ARE THE PROBLEM
NOT THE TAX PAYER

Please understand the difference between a government program, intended to improve the national defense, such as the interstate highway program, but benefits everybody, rich and poor alike, with no class or political or socioeconomic distinctions made, and a program designed to benefit a targeted few.

The first can and does promote the general welfare as the Founders intended.

The latter will always have unintended negative consequences that will usually outweigh any benefits produced.

NOT THE TAX PAYER

Please understand the difference between a government program, intended to improve the national defense, such as the interstate highway program, but benefits everybody, rich and poor alike, with no class or political or socioeconomic distinctions made, and a program designed to benefit a targeted few.

The latter will always have unintended negative consequences that will usually outweigh any benefits produced.

I agree 100% with your thread. I think we have gotten to far in favor of one is all I am saying. Hi corporate taxes harm the corporations ability to compete with mexico, China, etc...

It hurts our wallet. We need a 100% change in our sysetm any way. Cains 9-9-9 would do that for every-one I think and maybe corporations could raise there wage without being mandated

NOT THE TAX PAYER

I agree 100% with your thread. I think we have gotten to far in favor of one is all I am saying. Hi corporate taxes harm the corporations ability to compete with mexico, China, etc...

It hurts our wallet. We need a 100% change in our sysetm any way. Cains 9-9-9 would do that for every-one I think and maybe corporations could raise there wage without being mandated

Yes high corporate taxes, most especially coupled with excessive and unnecessary government mandates and regulation, and even more especially coupled with uncertainty re what the tax and regulatory structure will be, hamper business's ability to expand, grow, take risks, create jobs, and pay higher wages.

I am not sure the apparent VAT built into Cain's 9-9-9 plan, however, is the solution to that. I would much prefer a cross the board flat tax on individuals and business and ditch the 'sales tax' which I believe will become a dangerous VAT too easily manipulated by Congress and Presidents who never pass up an opportunity to increase their own power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes at the taxpayer's expense.

And I still say that while your head seems on straight re most solid, economically sound conservative principles, you still show unconservative credentials when you want the government to mandate a 'living wage'.

Yes high corporate taxes, most especially coupled with excessive and unnecessary government mandates and regulation, and even more especially coupled with uncertainty re what the tax and regulatory structure will be, hamper business's ability to expand, grow, take risks, create jobs, and pay higher wages.

I am not sure the apparent VAT built into Cain's 9-9-9 plan, however, is the solution to that. I would much prefer a cross the board flat tax on individuals and business and ditch the 'sales tax' which I believe will become a dangerous VAT too easily manipulated by Congress and Presidents who never pass up an opportunity to increase their own power, prestige, influence, and personal fortunes at the taxpayer's expense.

And I still say that while your head seems on straight re most solid, economically sound conservative principles, you still show unconservative credentials when you want the government to mandate a 'living wage'.

so be it

Why do people pull out platitudes like the above. You say stupid cliche things like America is so rich but people are still in poverty. It's like you expect income to be something that is just supposed to be there or happen for people and not something that has to be earned and worked for.

1) we pay ALL taxes

NOT THE TAX PAYER

I completely get it. If you go back a few posts it's one of the one things I actually agreed with you on. But if as you say, businesses always pass their taxes on to consumers, essentially having consumers pay their taxes, how are you EVER going to get them to pay taxes. If every extra cost levied against a business is always going to get passed on to the consumer, how are you ever going to get them to pay taxes? It's the wrong way to look at it. One could just as easily say really it's a really your employer paying all of YOUR taxes since that's where your income ultimately comes from. The even more confusing thing about what you're arguing is the other thing we both happen to agree on; that the corporate tax rate is too high. You are simply awash in contradictions. Calling someone 100% pro corporation, anti-worker and liberal all in the span of couple sentences? Complaining that workers are paying all of a corporations taxes yet arguing for lower corporate tax rates? Pardon us if we're all a hair confused.

Last edited:
Bern go to Florida, buy a widget that costs 10.00, on you recipt you will see a state sales tax added
now if companies do that where sales tax instead of income tax is used to collect, whats the diff?

by the way state tax is 6% in Florida, so that item would be 10.60

I don't how to break it down for you any differently. Here's the score JRK.

We both agree welfare roles are too high.

I have solution to that and you have a solution to that. You figure the solution is simple, just make businesses pay people more. The myriad problems with this solution, from the logistical implications that would actually prevent from happening what you think would to the morally wrong aspects of it have been explained to you ad nauseum.

Your solution is why I keep asking the question you don't want to answer. Why should you not have to be responsible for providing for your own basic needs? I keep asking that question because that's the starting point. Depending on your answer one has to explore one set of solutions or another.

Why do people pull out platitudes like the above. You say stupid cliche things like America is so rich but people are still in poverty. It's like you expect income to be something that is just supposed to be there or happen for people and not something that has to be earned and worked for.

Bern no-one has said anything about giving any-one a dime, but you keep making that claim thats what being said
IT IS ABOUT EARNING IT. there is some loggers and framers I know that make 9-11.00 an hour I wish you could meet and you tell them they are not worked for what they have
This country is huge, there are millions of people who do not make muck more than 320-350 a week who work there butts off every day

Last edited:

NOT THE TAX PAYER

I completely get it. If you go back a few posts it's one of the one things I actually agreed with you on. But if as you say, businesses always pass their taxes on to consumers, essentially having consumers pay their taxes, how are you EVER going to get them to pay taxes. If every extra cost levied against a business is always going to get passed on to the consumer, how are you ever going to get them to pay taxes? It's the wrong way to look at it. One could just as easily say really it's a really your employer paying all of YOUR taxes since that's where your income ultimately comes from. The even more confusing thing about what you're arguing is the other thing we both happen to agree on; that the corporate tax rate is too high. You are simply awash in contradictions. Calling someone 100% pro corporation, anti-worker and liberal all in the span of couple sentences? Complaining that workers are paying all of a corporations taxes yet arguing for lower corporate tax rates? Pardon us if we're all a hair confused.

Bern the reason the corporate tax rate is to hi is because of the run away wellfare, medicare, medicade cost we have
if the consumer pays that in wages, that wealth is being created and will be put back in the private sector
If that wealth is put in the govt's hands it gets so di luted with all the red tape

Forum List

Back