Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Eyeless in Gaza: How Did it All Start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Uri Avnery displayed a flair for prophecy regarding the future of Palestine in early 1969:

"Then, in February 1969, I warned: '(If we go on) we shall be faced with a terrible choice – to suffer from a wave of terrorism that will cover the entire country, or to engage in acts of revenge and oppression so brutal that they will corrupt our souls and cause the whole world to condemn us.'

"I mention this not (only) to blow my own horn, but to show that any reasonable person could have foreseen what was going to happen.

"It took a long time for Gaza to reach this point."

So where did it all start in Gaza?

How far back to you want to go?

Samson and his suicide, maybe?

"Samson, it will be remembered, was captured by the Philistines, blinded and brought to Gaza.

"There he committed suicide by bringing the temple down on himself and all the leaders and people, crying out: 'Let my soul die with the Philistines!' (Judges 16:30)

"If that’s too remote, let’s start with the beginning of the present occupation, 1967..."

An occupation that is slowly but surely corrupting the soul of Israel and leading inevitably to its national suicide.

Eyeless in Gaza » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Uri Avnery displayed a flair for prophecy regarding the future of Palestine in early 1969:

"Then, in February 1969, I warned: '(If we go on) we shall be faced with a terrible choice – to suffer from a wave of terrorism that will cover the entire country, or to engage in acts of revenge and oppression so brutal that they will corrupt our souls and cause the whole world to condemn us.'

"I mention this not (only) to blow my own horn, but to show that any reasonable person could have foreseen what was going to happen.

"Samson, it will be remembered, was captured by the Philistines, blinded and brought to Gaza.

"There he committed suicide by bringing the temple down on himself and all the leaders and people, crying out: 'Let my soul die with the Philistines!' (Judges 16:30)

"If that’s too remote, let’s start with the beginning of the present occupation, 1967..."

An occupation that is slowly but surely corrupting the soul of Israel and leading inevitably to its national suicide.

Therre was no Palestine before 1988, then it was just arab nationalism founded in the depths of 1930's German Nazism and Fascism

Why do you insist on using proven RABID ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED SITES for your sources.

Therre was no Palestine before 1988, then it was just arab nationalism founded in the depths of 1930's German Nazism and Fascism

Why do you insist on using proven RABID ANTI SEMITIC JEW HATRED SITES for your sources.
"The Balfour Declaration (dated 2 November 1917) was a letter from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Baron Rothschild (Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild), a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland.

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.[1]"

Balfour Declaration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God LOVES it when irredeemable Godless scum are killed.
Why are you still alive?:cuckoo:

"If that’s too remote, let’s start with the beginning of the present occupation, 1967.

(There was a forgotten occupation before that. When Israel conquered the Gaza Strip and all of Sinai in the course of the 1956 Suez war, David Ben-Gurion declared the founding of the 'Third Israeli Kingdom', only to announce in a broken voice, a few dates later, that he had promised President Dwight Eisenhower to withdraw from the entire Sinai Peninsula.

"Some Israeli parties urged him to keep at least the Gaza Strip, but he refused.

"He did not want to have hundreds of thousands more Arabs in Israel.)"

Of course the fact that the P'lishtim blinded Shimshone doesn't factor into your brainless world.

Of course the fact that the P'lishtim blinded Shimshone doesn't factor into your brainless world.
Why don't you explain why blind suicidal psychopaths pose less of a threat to their society than those with "vision?"

Honestly, what the hell are you babbling about?
You brought up the cruelty of the P'lishtim thinking you would make some sort of anti-humanistic point about Jews.

Why don't you explain why blind suicidal psychopaths pose less of a threat to their society than those with "vision?"

You brought up the cruelty of the P'lishtim thinking you would make some sort of anti-humanistic point about Jews.
Blind, psychopathic Jews pose the same threat to their temple walls as gentiles.
What the hell thread are you reading?:D

"If that’s too remote, let’s start with the beginning of the present occupation, 1967.

(There was a forgotten occupation before that. When Israel conquered the Gaza Strip and all of Sinai in the course of the 1956 Suez war, David Ben-Gurion declared the founding of the 'Third Israeli Kingdom', only to announce in a broken voice, a few dates later, that he had promised President Dwight Eisenhower to withdraw from the entire Sinai Peninsula.

"Some Israeli parties urged him to keep at least the Gaza Strip, but he refused.

You're a bit light on historical facts, Angry Achmed. Gaza and The Golan Heights were spoils of war, a war initiated and lost by angry Arab Achmed's.

Do everyone a favor a cut and paste your Wesley Clarke Conspiracy Theory™. Isn't it from the same conspiracy theory laden site you routinely cut and paste from?

Blind, psychopathic Jews pose the same threat to their temple walls as gentiles.
What the hell thread are you reading?:D

A psychopathic loser is one who only babbles on and on about his scapegoats, the Jews, when so much is happening in the rest of the Middle East. Are you blind to what is going on because you can't drag in your scapegoats?

Good thing that most Americans are not psychopathic losers that they realize what Gaza George's new masters are doing, as can be seen from one of the comments (where the majority of Americans felt the same way) posted after an article regarding the conflict going on that Gaza George's new masters started.

"The UN Human Rights Commission is a joke. The only war crimes were committed by Hamas for using noncombatants as human shields and telling them to stay in areas they know will be fired upon when the Israelis warn them to leave.

How many innocent Israelis would Hamas' rockets have killed if Israel didn't have it's missle defense system in place. Hamas started the war as a public relations campaign to try to get international support to get Israel to make major concessions on the blockade. Hamas is well aware that few of their missles get through but keep firing from populated areas to try to make Israel the villain instead of the victim. The idiots at the UN may buy the scheme but intelligent people see Hamas' for the war criminals they are."

You're a bit light on historical facts, Angry Achmed. Gaza and The Golan Heights were spoils of war, a war initiated and lost by angry Arab Achmed's.

Do everyone a favor a cut and paste your Wesley Clarke Conspiracy Theory™. Isn't it from the same conspiracy theory laden site you routinely cut and paste from?
You mean Wikipedia?

"As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and finishing off Iran." [145]

How have events in Iraq, Libya, and Syria turned out since 2003?

You mean Wikipedia?

"As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and finishing off Iran." [145]

How have events in Iraq, Libya, and Syria turned out since 2003?

Oh, my God, has Gaza George, been spamming his Wesley Clark article again? Meanwhile, as we can see, while Gaza George keeps on spamming his same old, same old , he really has shown no compassion or sympathy for what the people in these countries are going through at the hands of Gaza George's new masters.

I think George is drunk again :lol:
Give us your (hopefully) sober assessment of Uri Avnery's version of recent history in Gaza:

"A big Dutch harbor-building corporation approached me discreetly and asked me to use my friendly relations with Arafat to obtain the job for them. They hinted at a very large gratuity. I politely refused. During all the years I knew Arafat, I never asked him for a favor. I think that this was the basis of our rather strange friendship.)

"If the port had been built, Gaza would have become a flourishing commercial hub. The standard of living would have risen steeply, the inclination of the people to vote for a radical Islamic party would have declined.

"Why did this not happen? Israel refused to allow the port to be built. Contrary to a specific undertaking in the 1993 Oslo agreement, Israel cut off all passages between the Strip and the West Bank. The aim was to prevent any possibility of a viable Palestinian state being set up."

Give us your (hopefully) sober assessment of Uri Avnery's version of recent history in Gaza:

"A big Dutch harbor-building corporation approached me discreetly and asked me to use my friendly relations with Arafat to obtain the job for them. They hinted at a very large gratuity. I politely refused. During all the years I knew Arafat, I never asked him for a favor. I think that this was the basis of our rather strange friendship.)

"If the port had been built, Gaza would have become a flourishing commercial hub. The standard of living would have risen steeply, the inclination of the people to vote for a radical Islamic party would have declined.

"Why did this not happen? Israel refused to allow the port to be built. Contrary to a specific undertaking in the 1993 Oslo agreement, Israel cut off all passages between the Strip and the West Bank. The aim was to prevent any possibility of a viable Palestinian state being set up."

Speaking of jobs, perhaps instead of us bothering to read the Leftist Avnery who certainly hates Israel and who never writes about the Arab atrocities happening in the Middle East, we should suggest that Gaza George apply for a construction job digging tunnels to Israel. After all, his new masters have killed many of those who had helped dig those tunnels so they certainly need new workers.

Purported letter from inside Gaza tells of tunnel toil, Hamas cruelty | Fox News

Speaking of jobs, perhaps instead of us bothering to read the Leftist Avnery who certainly hates Israel and who never writes about the Arab atrocities happening in the Middle East, we should suggest that Gaza George apply for a construction job digging tunnels to Israel. After all, his new masters have killed many of those who had helped dig those tunnels so they certainly need new workers.

Purported letter from inside Gaza tells of tunnel toil, Hamas cruelty | Fox News
What makes you think Uri Avnery hates Israel?
He's lived there since before the Jewish state lurched into existence, and he even fought and bled for it during its war of independence.
Who do you imagine at Fox News knows as much about Israel as Uri does?

"The Balfour Declaration (dated 2 November 1917) was a letter from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Baron Rothschild (Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild), a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland.

"His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.[1]"

Yes!
No country of Palestine in your source.

Yes!
"In Palestine", loser; you don't have to like it, but that's just the history of this particular colonial enterprise.

Too bad your greedy pals in Tel Aviv didn't get Gaza during their latest epic FAIL:eusa_angel:

Yes!
"In Palestine", loser; you don't have to like it, but that's just the history of this particular colonial enterprise.

Too bad your greedy pals in Tel Aviv didn't get Gaza during their latest epic FAIL:eusa_angel:

Yes, in Palestine.
Not in the "country of Palestine"
Not in the "nation of Palestine".
Not a home for the "Palestinians".
A home for the Jews. Loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back