Facebook Censorship and the War on Free Speech

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Facebook Censorship and the War on Free Speech - Breitbart

Nocookies

Facebook, Google, social media sites ‘actively’ censor Christian content: study

In this day and age when corporations can be more powerful than governments, it is still true that corporations have the full legal right to censor free speech, even when they run worldwide social media sites that host forums of speech that no government has ever dreamed of hosting.

So, while the federal government cannot censor Christian and conservative groups who want to march and rally in national parks and on the streets and sidewalks, private corporations like Google and Facebook can censor in a forum that includes millions of readers.

So, the Constitutional protections of the First Amendment, which do not apply to Google and Facebook, do not protect us from censorship from a new breed of tyrant, who rules from Silicon Valley and not Washington or Moscow.

Steve Zuckerberg has decided that he is King of the World, and if he doesn't like what people are saying on Facebook, he's going to shut it down. And by "people", I mean Christians and conservatives.

Clayton, what's funny about censorship on Facebook and Google? If you have something to say, spit it out.

Nocookies

In this day and age when corporations can be more powerful than governments, it is still true that corporations have the full legal right to censor free speech, even when they run worldwide social media sites that host forums of speech that no government has ever dreamed of hosting.

So, while the federal government cannot censor Christian and conservative groups who want to march and rally in national parks and on the streets and sidewalks, private corporations like Google and Facebook can censor in a forum that includes millions of readers.

So, the Constitutional protections of the First Amendment, which do not apply to Google and Facebook, do not protect us from censorship from a new breed of tyrant, who rules from Silicon Valley and not Washington or Moscow.

Steve Zuckerberg has decided that he is King of the World, and if he doesn't like what people are saying on Facebook, he's going to shut it down. And by "people", I mean Christians and conservatives.
Wrong.

There is no ‘war’ on ‘free speech’ – the doctrine of free speech applies solely to the relationship between government and those governed.

Private online entities are at liberty to edit content as they see fit, and to remove the bigotry and hate posted by those hostile to gay and transgender Americans, where decisions to do so do not constitute ‘tyranny.’

That bigots who happen to be Christian have their ignorance and hate removed from a private online venue has nothing to do with their religion, it has to do with their hate; their religion and their believes are not being ‘censored,’ their hate and bigotry are.

"Totalitarianism is the politicization and control of every aspect of life."

Having nothing whatsoever to do with private entities, such as Facebook or Google.

Clayton, what's funny about censorship on Facebook and Google? If you have something to say, spit it out.
What’s funny is your ignorance and stupidity, and that of your fellow rightists.

You contrive these ridiculous straw man fallacies and lies and expect anyone with half a brain to believe your lies and fallacies.

Your religion is not being ‘censored,’ your ignorance, hate, and bigotry are – you might try to hide your bigotry and hate behind the façade of ‘religious belief,’ but everyone knows the truth.

Your fear is unwarranted and ridiculous.

You know what Clayton, I anticipated what you what you would say before you said it, so you just wasted your time saying it after I already said it for you.

I know that private corporations are not bound to respect the First Amendment. I know it, and I said it. So again, thanks for repeating what I already said.

But what I also said is that private corporations who control worldwide private forums of speech that dwarf in size even the National Mall (which holds one million people), are controlled by people who use their power to censor free speech, that's still a bad thing, and such people are still tyrants, especially when acting in cooperation with governments like Germany, Russia and China.

Steve Zuckerberg is a tyrant. His type has lived in every era. His ownership of a private corporation that is not required to respect the free speech rights of the world's people does not make him less a tyrant, but more so. He wields the same kind of power that Hitler and Stalin wielded, and the kind of power that Obama wishes he wielded -- the power to shut people up.

But now, Obama can wield that power, all he he has to do is call his friend Zuckerberg, and say, you know, that Christian fellow is being mighty disrespectful towards our gay friends, can you shut down his website?

Why certainly Mr. President, Zuckerberg will say, glad to help!

What’s funny is your ignorance and stupidity, and that of your fellow rightists.

You contrive these ridiculous straw man fallacies and lies and expect anyone with half a brain to believe your lies and fallacies.

Your religion is not being ‘censored,’ your ignorance, hate, and bigotry are – you might try to hide your bigotry and hate behind the façade of ‘religious belief,’ but everyone knows the truth.

Your fear is unwarranted and ridiculous.
I have a feeling you don't know what a "straw man fallacy" is because I did not set up a "straw man fallacy."

I've noticed that you often use words and phrases you don't know the meaning to.

A straw man is to set up a phony argument that is obviously ridiculous and put it in the mouth of your opponent, and then knock down the straw man and declare yourself the winner.

I did not do that.

What I did was call Steve Zuckerberg a tyrant for cooperating with foreign governments in censoring their citizens viewpoints expressed on Facebook.

No straw man, Clayton, an accusation.

Nocookies

If you don't like what Zuck does, announce where you will be doing your social media from and let all other know.

The only way to get Zuck from running his site the way he wants is a loss of money.

Nocookies

Wrong.

There is no ‘war’ on ‘free speech’ – the doctrine of free speech applies solely to the relationship between government and those governed.

Private online entities are at liberty to edit content as they see fit, and to remove the bigotry and hate posted by those hostile to gay and transgender Americans, where decisions to do so do not constitute ‘tyranny.’

That bigots who happen to be Christian have their ignorance and hate removed from a private online venue has nothing to do with their religion, it has to do with their hate; their religion and their believes are not being ‘censored,’ their hate and bigotry are.
your first 2 lines were lies, so I quit there.

damn leftist are fucking well trained.

Nocookies

If you don't like what Zuck does, announce where you will be doing your social media from and let all other know.

The only way to get Zuck from running his site the way he wants is a loss of money.
Yes, actually that's what I'm trying to accomplish. By bringing this problem to people's attention, I'm trying to make Zuckerberg lose money.

Just put this up on Facebook:

Well, if I mention on Facebook that Zuckerberg is working with foreign governments (Germany, Russia, China), the Palestinians, and the LGBT movement to censor ideas he doesn't like on Facebook, will this post complaining about Zuckerberg's censorship get censored? I'm determined to find out. If I see likes and comments on this post, I will know that Zuckerberg resisted the temptation to censor this post, because he figured out that would backlash on him and Facebook. If the post disappears, I will know Zuckerberg couldn't resist the temptation to censor my post, and I will start urging all my Facebook friends to join a resistance of Zuckerberg's tyranny. If my post doesn't disappear, but I see no likes or comments I will know that Zuckerberg has censored my post, but has cleverly set it up so that I can still see the post, but no one else can. In which case, i will still start my revolution against Zuckerberg. Hell, no matter what happens, I will start my revolution because I don't like Zuckerberg, who thinks he's King George III, and we're the lowly colonists who must serve and obey him and pay taxes without representation.

I am placing this here so that if the post "disappears" I will still have it saved on this forum, which I hope is beyond Zuckerberg's reach.

This may end with me losing my Facebook account.

Wish me luck!!!

I have now posted the articles about Zuckerberg's censorship on Facebook, including the Facebook post by the Christian guy who was mildly critical of gay rights advocates who use hateful language during the gay marriage debate, and was censored, and then reinstated.

I will make this personal to Zuckerberg, in the same way Thomas Jefferson personalized the colonists' grievances against King George III, and not the British Empire in general.

BR? You are attempting to go to war with Stevie on how Facebook is run? That's funny. :lol:

Seems to me that if Zuckerwhatever hated the word "pigeons" and decided to ban the word "pigeons" from any communication on his web site that he has every right to do that as it is a private company.

Maybe you should take up your disagreement with how Facebook is run on some other venue...like say..USMB. :lol:

BTW.. how is it going??... this war with FB. Do you think you have moved the needle on what Zuckerfucker does on his site?

I'm kind of hoping for intelligent discussion with the intelligent people on this forum instead of yucks and chuckles from the usual gang of idiots.

Forum List

Back