Fake incident on America's Got Talent.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I think this was fake...the guy didn't have any other song he could sing......the guy didn't know the song Simon gave him, took an hour and was able to sing it...I think Simon sets up these singers to increase the drama......but this one was obviously fake...

Saw that, too. Hes' done that before, last season or two. Don't know what to make of this incident. I watch it because I liked the old variety shows, like Ed Sullivan, Glenn Campbell, Dean Martin, those types, and this is the closest modern TV gets.

I always assume some of it is fake; it's just the nature of the venues. It's not impossible, either, I know musicians who could have done it in half the time or less. Others would take days, true.

So far I'm still impressed with the lady with the trained cats. Haven't seen an act as good as last season's kid singing ventriloquist, little blonde girl whose name I can never remember but has been on several shows since then.; has some new puppets now added to her act, and no talent near Jackie Evancho's level yet either; hard to believe she lost her season, and nobody can remember the guy who beat her. lol

American Idol had some good vocalists this year. Some of them should go on to deserved fame.

The Voice is just a weird show; nobody from that one has gone on to any big fame, despite having a ton of great vocal talent every season. It's like it cursed. Read an article where Adam Levine complains about what happens to its performers after the network show session ends, and apparently the producers are more than a little stupid and never follow up with support, outside an obviously worthless 'recording contract' with a label that doesn't have the first clue as to what to do with all the national publicity the vocalists get from the TV show.

Well, BOT, I'm getting really bored with all the constant barrage of 'dance troupes' on AGT; they need to quit auditioning 30,000 of them every frigging season.

Last edited:
I watch it because I liked the old variety shows, like Ed Sullivan, Glenn Campbell, Dean Martin, those types, and this is the closest modern TV gets.

Do you remember Ted Mack's Amateur Hour? Sponsored by Geritol… Guaranteed to put pep in your step...

I watch it because I liked the old variety shows, like Ed Sullivan, Glenn Campbell, Dean Martin, those types, and this is the closest modern TV gets.

Do you remember Ted Mack's Amateur Hour? Sponsored by Geritol… Guaranteed to put pep in your step...

lol I remember seeing re-runs of it occasionally, but he was before my time. I remember the Geritol ads, though. We didn't get all the same shows the New York markets got, just three stations, and 'The Tonight Show' came on at 9: 00, then the stations signed off for the night. lol

My favorite early one was the Steve Allen 'Tonight Show', with Louis Nye, Don Knotts, Tom Poston, and the Latino comedian, can't remember his name now. It was kind of a mix of variety show and talk show.

Saw that, too. Hes' done that before, last season or two. Don't know what to make of this incident. I watch it because I liked the old variety shows, like Ed Sullivan, Glenn Campbell, Dean Martin, those types, and this is the closest modern TV gets.

I always assume some of it is fake; it's just the nature of the venues. It's not impossible, either, I know musicians who could have done it in half the time or less. Others would take days, true.

So far I'm still impressed with the lady with the trained cats. Haven't seen an act as good as last season's kid singing ventriloquist, little blonde girl whose name I can never remember but has been on several shows since then.; has some new puppets now added to her act, and no talent near Jackie Evancho's level yet either; hard to believe she lost her season, and nobody can remember the guy who beat her. lol

American Idol had some good vocalists this year. Some of them should go on to deserved fame.

The Voice is just a weird show; nobody from that one has gone on to any big fame, despite having a ton of great vocal talent every season. It's like it cursed. Read an article where Adam Levine complains about what happens to its performers after the network show session ends, and apparently the producers are more than a little stupid and never follow up with support, outside an obviously worthless 'recording contract' with a label that doesn't have the first clue as to what to do with all the national publicity the vocalists get from the TV show.

Well, BOT, I'm getting really bored with all the constant barrage of 'dance troupes' on AGT; they need to quit auditioning 30,000 of them every frigging season.

I have seen those other times too, when Simon takes control for a singer....this time seemed pretty staged.......

I think this was fake...the guy didn't have any other song he could sing......the guy didn't know the song Simon gave him, took an hour and was able to sing it...I think Simon sets up these singers to increase the drama......but this one was obviously fake...

90% of the "drama" on this POS show is rehersed beforehand.

That's obvious they're edited, which is why all of the voice and talent shows let people know when the live shows start, which are after the auditions and early rounds. Not all of it is faked. A lot of the acts really are dangerous and bizarre.

That's obvious they're edited, which is why all of the voice and talent shows let people know when the live shows start, which are after the auditions and early rounds. Not all of it is faked. A lot of the acts really are dangerous and bizarre.

Sadly, most people are not aware of the editting.
Most people have never taken a film production class and don’t realize the surgery that takes place.

It isn't just the editing in this case...I think simon knows the guy and it was a planned stunt.

Forum List

Back