False Accusations of Sexual Assault

Personally, I think debating the percentage is beside the point. Regardless of the percentage, I think every accusation should be vigorously investigated, and if they find evidence, the person should be enthusiastically charged and tried. Also, that way, if the person is cleared, the public can be as convinced as possible that they really deserve to be cleared. Right now, we have room for improvement on several of these points.

Personally, I think debating the percentage is beside the point. Regardless of the percentage, I think every accusation should be vigorously investigated, and if they find evidence, the person should be enthusiastically charged and tried. Also, that way, if the person is cleared, the public can be as convinced as possible that they really deserve to be cleared. Right now, we have room for improvement on several of these points.
Filing a false police report is a crime. That's why women are reluctant to report rape.

Often it is a he said she said situation in which any evidence is not conclusive.

Forum List

Back