Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash

That car they were in looks good, but as far as protection? Flimsy construction.
They don't make vehicles like they used to.

Remember James Dean? He was killed not far from where I live. Same style of car, but probably made stronger. That thing in the linK? Looks like tin.

It was a Porsche. Not a flimsy car by any means.

That car they were in looks good, but as far as protection? Flimsy construction.

Remember James Dean? He was killed not far from where I live. Same style of car, but probably made stronger. That thing in the linK? Looks like tin.

The problem with Dean's car was there was virtually nothing like it on the road, and on a hot shimmering hiway the silver Spyder was practically invisible.

And that bend in Shandon is a bitch even going the speed limit. I have traveled it many times. Middle of nowhere, and some twisty roads, two lanes at that time and still is in some parts of it. Too bad. He was a great actor.

The problem with Dean's car was there was virtually nothing like it on the road, and on a hot shimmering hiway the silver Spyder was practically invisible.

And that bend in Shandon is a bitch even going the speed limit. I have traveled it many times. Middle of nowhere, and some twisty roads, two lanes at that time and still is in some parts of it. Too bad. He was a great actor.

It was an American tragedy of the highest degree.

This is a memorial thread and should be respected as such.

"Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum. Additionally, All violations will be subject to action by an Admin/Mod. Action taken could range from a warning, to Infraction, to banning and will be at Admin/Mod discretion."

Paul Walker: The Celebrity Next Door

A stunned Hollywood is mourning the death of Paul Walker.

Less than 24 hours since it was confirmed the star of "The Fast & Furious" franchise was killed at the age of 40 in an automobile accident, friends, acquaintances, and fans are all sharing memories of Walker and grieving together.

[Related: Paul Walker Dead in Car Crash]

Those who knew Paul paint a similar picture of the late actor: A down-to-earth star who didn't care about fame… A guy's guy who loved to race cars in his free time… A doting father… A charitable celebrity.

In the wake of such a tragedy, those close to Walker want fans to know the actor many looked up to was just as great of a guy off-screen.

"He treated everyone with such respect," one crew member who worked on various "Fast & Furious" films with Paul tells omg!. "From the crew to his co-stars to extras on set, Paul was such a genuine person. He had a great spirit, soul, and had a quality about him that was rare to find anywhere, let alone in Hollywood."

Notes a studio executive at Universal Pictures who worked closely with Walker: "He truly was one of the most down-to-earth people I have ever known. He was always so polite and professional. We are heartbroken."

Paul is survived by his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow. The teen lived with her mom in Hawaii for most of her life, but moved to California earlier this year to reside with the actor, which he was elated about. In a recent interview, Walker called the girl "the best partner I've ever had" and said there was a shift in his priorities. "There's a part of me who feels like I'm making up for lost time," he admitted.

[Related: Paul Walker's Most Memorable Roles]

"He had such a passion for life and loved his family and friends dearly," recalls a close friend of the late actor. "He was always thinking of others."

Director Wayne Kramer, who worked with Paul on "Running Scared," summed up similar sentiments in a Facebook post on Sunday honoring the actor.

"Paul was always the great unifier on set," he wrote. "He went out of his way to accommodate both actors and crew members. I’ve also never seen him refuse an autograph to anyone."

"My job doesn’t define me. It's not who I am, it's what I do from time to time," Paul said in October 2011 when discussing fame. "And as bizarre as that world may be, it's only as bizarre as you allow it. If you have a perspective of what it really is, it's a job — it's a great job, and sometimes there are killer opportunities within that realm."

One of those opportunities was starting Reach Out Worldwide.

Prior to Saturday's crash, Paul was taking part in a charity event just outside of Los Angeles for his organization to raise money for the Philippines typhoon relief effort. This was hardly the first time Walker was quick to lend a helping hand.

In 2010, he flew to Chile with Reach Out Worldwide to offer assistance to those injured in the 8.8 magnitude earthquake, and Paul was actively involved in relief efforts to help survivors of the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
Many of Paul's close friends and co-stars have taken to social media to address their loss.
"Your humble spirit was felt from the start, wherever you blessed your presence you always left a mark, we were like brothers & our birthdays are only 1 day apart, now You will forever hold a place in all of our hearts @paulwalker legacy will live on forever. R.I.P," Ludacris shared.

"I am so beyond heartbroken right now. I can't process anything," James Wan, director of "Fast & Furious 7," which is currently filming, tweeted.

"All my strength, love & faith to the Walker family during this heartbreaking time. We find our strength.. in his light. Love you brother," Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who stars in "Fast & Furious 7," tweeted on Saturday night.

Vin Diesel shared a photo of Walker on Instagram with the following message: "Brother I will miss you very much. I am absolutely speechless. Heaven has gained a new Angel. Rest in Peace."

Paul Walker: The Celebrity Next Door

Wow, how about showing a little respect !!

The production team met on Sunday to discuss the hole left by Paul ! They couldn't have waited a few days ? Good god, how disrespectful ! Sheeeeesh !

What Happens to 'Fast & Furious 7' Following Paul Walker's Death?

The fate of "Fast & Furious 7" is up in the air.

Following the sudden death of Paul Walker, executives at Universal — the studio behind "The Fast & Furious" franchise — met on Sunday to discuss the future of the film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Reportedly, there will be a delay in production, but the movie will not be abandoned entirely.

Production was on hiatus over the Thanksgiving holiday and was set to resume this week in Atlanta, Georgia, sources confirm to Yahoo Movies, but will be halted in the meantime.

THR reports "Fast & Furious 7" director James Wan met with Universal to discuss the future of the project, how to re-work the script, and "how to proceed in a manner that would be respectful to Walker's death."

Walker, who reprised his role as Brian O'Conner, had been filming the seventh installment since September.

Variety reports it is unclear how much of Walker’s footage had been shot, while The Wrap alleges production is already more than halfway done. Meanwhile, THR claims a large part of the movie had been shot, but additional scenes were to be filmed in January in Abu Dhabi with Paul and the main cast.

On Saturday, Universal released their only statement thus far following the tragedy: "All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the 'Fast and Furious' films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Franchise favorites Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, and Dwayne Johnson are all back for "Fast & Furious 7," which was scheduled for release on July 11, 2014. The “Fast” franchise has grossed more than $2.3 billion at the worldwide box office.

On Nov. 30, Paul Walker passed away at the age of 40 in a fiery one-car collision just outside of Los Angeles. The actor was attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. Paul's longtime friend and CEO of his company Always Evolving, Roger Rodas, has been identified as the driver of the vehicle

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo Movies

Gal Gadot’s goodbye to Paul Walker (From her Facebook page): 'Lost a dear friend today.
So sudden and tragic .. Hard to believe.. Paul was a great man with a big heart and passion for life.
I'm so sad he's no longer with us. Can't believe I'm actually writing this.. I'm sending my condolences to his family and his precious daughter Meadow .
Rest in peace brother. We will miss you here..'

Per Starlight's post in the Coffee Shop thread;

Another occasion of Paul Walkers good heart:

Tales of the actor's philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

"The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it," saleswoman Irene King told CNN. "I don't think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000."

Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

"Walker called the manger over and said, 'Put that girl's ring on my tab,' " she said. "Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this."

King called it "the most generous thing I have ever seen."

'Fast & Furious' star Paul Walker killed in car crash - CNN.com

Did know of him, never saw any of his movies, however, I feel terrible for his family. My thoughts and prayers go to those in need today.

The irony is almost too much - guy who's famous for glorifying fast cars dies in a fast car.

The world lost a great person today. Paul Walker was just an actor, but he used his fame and money to help others. The reason most people only know him from his movies is because in real life he was a normal guy who tried to help people when he wasn't working.

A friend of mine was with him at the fundraiser yesterday and called me sobbing. According to him, Walker knew his place in life and was content being an actor that could put butts in the seats and money to help disaster victims. The more of the former meant more help for the latter.

Sounds like a great guy.

Wow, how about showing a little respect !!

The production team met on Sunday to discuss the hole left by Paul ! They couldn't have waited a few days ? Good god, how disrespectful ! Sheeeeesh !

They care only about the money, not about him. Sad.

Forum List

Back