FBI reopens boy's 1964 kidnapping after DNA tests show found boy wasn't him

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting that this man wants to track down his family after all these years...especially after learning you were abandoned as a baby. I don't think I would want to.

CHICAGO – The FBI has reopened its investigation into the 1964 kidnapping of a newborn from a Chicago hospital, after DNA tests revealed that a boy found in New Jersey fourteen months later and returned to the missing baby's parents wasn't actually their son.

Paul Fronczak, 49, is a married father of his own now and works as a college administrator and living in Henderson, Nev. He told the Chicago Sun-Times in June that he had long wondered why he didn't resemble his parents, Chester and Dora Franczak, so they underwent DNA testing earlier this year to see if he was their biological son. He wasn't.

Joan Hyde, a spokeswoman for the FBI's Chicago office, told The Chicago Tribune that investigators decided to reopen the case after locating evidence files from the original 1964 investigation.

"It was deemed appropriate to take a fresh look at the evidence that we have and possibly re-interview sources that are still around," Hyde told the newspaper Wednesday.

Read more: FBI reopens boy's 1964 kidnapping after DNA tests show found boy wasn't him | Fox News

I could maybe see them wanting to find out what happened to the kidnapped son ( for closure). But the other family? I wouldn't want to.

Interesting that this man wants to track down his family after all these years...especially after learning you were abandoned as a baby. I don't think I would want to.

CHICAGO – The FBI has reopened its investigation into the 1964 kidnapping of a newborn from a Chicago hospital, after DNA tests revealed that a boy found in New Jersey fourteen months later and returned to the missing baby's parents wasn't actually their son.

Paul Fronczak, 49, is a married father of his own now and works as a college administrator and living in Henderson, Nev. He told the Chicago Sun-Times in June that he had long wondered why he didn't resemble his parents, Chester and Dora Franczak, so they underwent DNA testing earlier this year to see if he was their biological son. He wasn't.

Joan Hyde, a spokeswoman for the FBI's Chicago office, told The Chicago Tribune that investigators decided to reopen the case after locating evidence files from the original 1964 investigation.

"It was deemed appropriate to take a fresh look at the evidence that we have and possibly re-interview sources that are still around," Hyde told the newspaper Wednesday.

Read more: FBI reopens boy's 1964 kidnapping after DNA tests show found boy wasn't him | Fox News

I used to work with a nurse who said, 'everybody misses their mother, even people who didn't have a mother.' I, myself, have an older adopted sister. Needing to know who you are is a primal need. Most all adopted children have issues of wanting to know their birth family. The abandoned person generally wants to hear some rational explanation of why they were abandoned. Child abandonment is not always a wanton act, depending on the circumstances. Many people can go for a good long while without having an issue with it, but when they are about to become parents themselves they have a truly primal need to know. And the children they have also may need information relating to genetic medical issues. Seeking a parent who abandoned a person is not an irrational act.

Forum List

Back