Fear and Loathing In The Heart of the Left

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
1. If one merely relied on the media and the talking heads of pop culture, one might believe in an imminent victory of Leftism, Communism, Liberalism.....

....but, if one listens to their elites chatting among themselves, one gets a very different sense.
Speaking among themselves, they admit what they really stand for......and what they see happening in America: real Americans taking back their country.

2. WBAI, the Communist/Liberal radio outlet had an interview this morn with the author of a new book, "Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America," by Duke history professor Nancy MacLean.
http://lawanddisorder.org/wp-content/uploads/lawanddisorder20170828.mp3

Seems, from the discussion, the Left's deepest fear is that Americans might just plan for their own futures, and take care of themselves. Imagine that! Then, the public would not have to bargain away their right to direct their own lives!

3. One can see the error right from MacLean's book's title...there is no 'Radical Right' in this country. The positions of the Right, the conservatives, are the very same as those in our Declaration of Independence, and Constitution.
Hence, they represent both the Founders, and the political center.
The Declaration and the Constitution clearly define the center.

The traditions, values, and views of the writers of those documents inform the center.

To be "radical," one's positions must be radical relative to that center.

...the values called 'Radical Right' are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history represent that center sooooo cannot be correctly awarded the modifier "Radical" or any similar modifier.

"Radical" means "especially of change or action relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough" hence, Far Left, or Radical Left. (see Google.)

There are no radical positions by conservatives, the right wing.

Try to find any!

4. The WBAI discussion refers to gains by the Right as a 'coup'...and 'the bad guys, meaning 'the good guys,' the Right, are halfway there'....
I guess that means halfway to reclaiming the nation for the Founders....

I'll provide more of that interview for those who don't have the time to listen to it...

I am sure for the right, the only news worth paying attention to is a Trumpet tweet..

1. If one merely relied on the media and the talking heads of pop culture, one might believe in an imminent victory of Leftism, Communism, Liberalism.....

....but, if one listens to their elites chatting among themselves, one gets a very different sense.
Speaking among themselves, they admit what they really stand for......and what they see happening in America: real Americans taking back their country.

2. WBAI, the Communist/Liberal radio outlet had an interview this morn with the author of a new book, "Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America," by Duke history professor Nancy MacLean.

Seems, from the discussion, the Left's deepest fear is that Americans might just plan for their own futures, and take care of themselves. Imagine that! Then, the public would not have to bargain away their right to direct their own lives!

3. One can see the error right from MacLean's book's title...there is no 'Radical Right' in this country. The positions of the Right, the conservatives, are the very same as those in our Declaration of Independence, and Constitution.

The traditions, values, and views of the writers of those documents inform the center.

...the values called 'Radical Right' are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history represent that center sooooo cannot be correctly awarded the modifier "Radical" or any similar modifier.

"Radical" means "especially of change or action relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough" hence, Far Left, or Radical Left. (see Google.)

Try to find any!

4. The WBAI discussion refers to gains by the Right as a 'coup'...and 'the bad guys, meaning 'the good guys,' the Right, are halfway there'....

I'll provide more of that interview for those who don't have the time to listen to it...
i heard a guy last night say the violent lefties are mostly communists. conservative radical doesn't really flow as a moniker.

No they are not the center.

1. The radical right would outlaw abortion, but a significant majority of all Americans oppose even overturning Roe v Wade.

2. The radical right would end Social Security and Medicare as we know them, but a majority of all Americans support both programs.

3. The radical right opposes marriage equality for same sex couples, but the majority of all Americans support it.

4. The radicial right thinks federal disaster aid is unconstitutional, a view not supported by most Americans.

5. The radical right was on board the GOP repeal/replace of Obamacare, but only about 15% of Americans supported it.

6. The radical right opposed closing the loopholes in the background check laws for gun purchases but 90% of Americans supported closing them.

...anyone else, please add to this list proving that the OP is full of it.

Try to find any!

i heard a guy last night say the violent lefties are mostly communists. conservative radical doesn't really flow as a moniker.

Yankees were rained out....so I got to see some of 'Tucker Carlson'...and heard the same thing.

As I posted, and you commented.....there is no 'radical right,' or 'far right' or 'radical conservative'....or 'alt right.'

Whenever some outrageous anti-American, anti-societal iteration of the Left is exposed, they try to pretend that the other side is just as bad.

Remember when they created the 'Occupy Wall Street' thugs because of the success of the Tea Party?

We're Americans, and stand with the Founders.

Their side is an echo of the Hitler's Brown Shirts.
Even the media is beginning to admit that.
"As the Nazis gained power through democratic means, the SA gained a reputation as a well-organised gang of violent thugs."
Stormtroopers or Brownshirts - Key Stage 3 - The Holocaust Explained

5. Speaking among themselves, they admit what they really stand for......

In the WBAI interview, Michael, Heidi, and Nancy console each other and discuss the gains the Right is making.

First, the 'activists' bemoan the media attention of 'palace intrigue' at the White House, which, they suggest, is planned and designed to distract the nation from the 'strategy and accomplishments of the radical right....which is taking over the Republican Party.'

If only.

They claim that the Republican Party has been taken over by those who favor capitalism.

Yippeeeee!!

....they admit what they really stand for......

'And here I've been afraid that Republicans waste more time being afraid of Democrats than they do robbing orphan, evicting widows, helping corporations- you know, what we’re paying them to do.'
Coulter.

According to Duke Professor Nancy MacLean, espousing personal responsibility and capitalism 'imperil American Democracy.'

This is Leftism stripped to its most essential beliefs!

According to these folks, the plan is based on stealth.....I thought that's how Republicans always got us to vote for 'em.

6. Much of the vituperation on the show is reserved for the Koch Brothers, and economist James Buchanan....

According to our history professor, Buchanan "... saw a conflict between "economic freedom and political liberty", and that he sought (in his own words) "conspiratorial secrecy" in pursuit of what George Monbiot has described as "a hidden programme for suppressing democracy on behalf of the very rich".

Sounds like the communist version of 'The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.'

Is there any such plan by the Right????
Or....more boilerplate propaganda???

Now, let's remember that a benefit of being a Leftist 'professor' means never having to tell the truth....as revealed here:

"The book has garnered heavy criticism from both libertarian and non-libertarian writers for its perceived flaws in the use of quotes, sources, and the accuracy of its overall thesis.[23] In particular, the claim the Buchanan supported segregation have been disputed as untrue and contradicted by evidence that MacLean's book omits....

Legal scholar Jonathan H. Adler alleges a pattern of misrepresentation in MacLean's book, including truncating quotes to present them as saying the opposite of their original context.... Writing in Vox, Steven Teles and Henry Farnell castigate left-wing readers and media outlets for embracing "such a transparently flawed book."

James M. Buchanan - Wikipedia

A fabric of lies.....no wonder Hillary was their candidate.

But.....anything that causes hand-wringing on the Left is fine with me!

Try to find any!

Yankees were rained out....so I got to see some of 'Tucker Carlson'...and heard the same thing.

As I posted, and you commented.....there is no 'radical right,' or 'far right' or 'radical conservative'....or 'alt right.'

Whenever some outrageous anti-American, anti-societal iteration of the Left is exposed, they try to pretend that the other side is just as bad.

Remember when they created the 'Occupy Wall Street' thugs because of the success of the Tea Party?

We're Americans, and stand with the Founders.

Their side is an echo of the Hitler's Brown Shirts.
Even the media is beginning to admit that.
"As the Nazis gained power through democratic means, the SA gained a reputation as a well-organised gang of violent thugs."
Stormtroopers or Brownshirts - Key Stage 3 - The Holocaust Explained

the leftista antifa are just emboldening/enabling the kkk. most democrats are great hard working people, they don't want to be part of this. can't we just get back to the russian 500 emails for campaigns race.

PC who are your top five possibles to run next time ? warren, alan greyson with maxine waters ? jerry brown and bill ayers maybe... al gore with rachel maddow. john mccain and jeff flake ?
i don't see anyone on their horizon, there's no coronation in 2020.

Last edited:
Interesting question....

1. The week after the election I began this thread:
You White Folks Are Gonna Benefit...

2. My belief, or hope, is that the Democrat Party got the memo from the American people, and in that thread, I posted indicia that they know that they must become more American, more central, less racial, less communist to regain power.

3. They didn't, miss this:

"His presidency will end with Democrats in possession of 11 fewer Senate seats (depending on how you count), more than 60 fewer House seats, at least 14 fewer governorships and more than 900 fewer seats in state legislatures than when it began. That’s a staggering toll." http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/o...est&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection&_r=0

And this....
"Democrats suffered a greater loss of power during Obama’s tenure than under any other two-term president since World War II." Obama returns to political fray for a Democratic Party cause

4. And the elites of the party must have recognized the reason.....this:

"The Future of the Obama Coalition
By THOMAS B. EDSALL NOVEMBER 27, 2011 11:34 PM November 27, 2011 11:34 pm
For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class."
The Future of the Obama Coalition

And this....

"But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic."
The Future of the Obama Coalition

5. Soooo.....the radicals and certifiably insane may not be the Democrat's choice next time.
One can only hope.

Did you see this?
"Feinstein surprises SF crowd by expressing hope for Trump

Sen. Dianne Feinstein may be San Francisco’s favorite politician, but she quickly learned Tuesday evening that even a wildly popular ex-mayor can get into trouble if she tries to say something nice about President Trump.

Feinstein received a standing ovation from the 850 people at the sold-out Herbst Theater when she walked onto the stage for an hour-long “conversation” with former East Bay Rep. Ellen Tauscher. But near the end of the political lovefest, the senator shocked the crowd when she declined to say that Trump should be impeached, and warned the audience that they should expect to deal with the developer-turned politician for all four years of his term.

“The question is whether he can learn and change,” Feinstein told the crowd at the Commonwealth Club event. “If so, I believe he can be a good president.”
Feinstein surprises SF crowd by expressing hope for Trump

gmc15117920170622021900.jpg

And, their greatest problem will be to rein in the half-heads they've produced over the last few decades.
You can see them posting on this board.....

Last edited:
7. And yet another false proclamation by communist radio: 'The Republican Party has become an instrument of the Far Right."

But, as I pointed out earlier....there is no Far Right...
the views of the Right are actually at the center of American traditions, values, and history.

There are no radical positions by conservatives, the right wing. Can you name any?

8. The interviewer makes pointed reference to 'millionaires and billionaires of the radical right,' attempting to enforce the myth that the rich are on the right. Actually the very opposite is true....see Google, Facebook, etc., all Leftwingers, and far more ultra-rich are found on the Left.
  1. As of 2009, the financial assets of the 115 major tax-exempt foundations of the Left add up to $104.56 billlion. Not only is this total not less than the financial assets of the 75 foundations of the Right, it was more than ten times greater! [p. 8]
    1. Bradley, Olin, Scaife, the “Big Three” conservative foundations, not one has assets exceeding $1 billion. (Olin has been defunct since 2005).
i. Scaife Foundation has assets totaling $244 million.

ii. Bradley Foundation, $623 million.

1. Assets exceeding $1 billion: Fourteen progressive foundations do, including Gates, Ford, Robert Wood Johnson, Hewlett, Kellogg, Packard, MacArthur, Mellon, Rockefeller, Casey, Carnegie, Simons, Heinz, and the Open Society Institute.
i. Ford alone has 16 times what Bradley has.

ii. Soros has claimed that he has donated over $7 billion to his Open Society organizations.

iii. The leading Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, $33 billion.

1. With over $100 billion in tax-exempt assets at their disposal, left-wing foundations have been able to invest massively greater amounts in their beneficiary groups. Ford gave more in one year than Scaife in 40!
    “The New Leviathan,” David Horowitz and Jacob Laksin

The Left: one lie after another.

9. Speaking among themselves, they admit what they really stand for......
In a voice just a notch below hysteria, the leftist history professor explains the aims of what she calls the 'Radical Right'....

"....their vision of a future society.....they talk a lot about liberty....freedom....limited government, low taxes, ...an America that would be unrecognizable to your listeners, a place in which the three functions of government would be

a. maintaining the national defense

b. overseeing the rule of law

c. and ensuring social order
...pretty much what the Constitution calls for.

...and beyond that we are individually responsible for all of our needs. So...we have no Social Security, no Medicare, no public education, ...what we have instead is a pressure to begin to save as soon as we are sentient human beings for our own future needs, and if we do not save....then 'tough luck.'"

Get that???
Hatred and loathing of 'liberty....freedom....limited government, low taxes,'...personal responsibility, saving and planning for the future!!!

10. I recognize that this is meant to incense the takers of society, but it's hard to put any faith in that when

a. it sounds like Americans being the sort of people all of us should be

b. ....and Republicans were the ones who mandated healthcare for every single individual in the country, legal or otherwise

c. And Americans have always taken care of one another...without government....since 1657, well before the nation's official founding.

Soooo....we hear the Left admitting that they hate capitalism and personal responsibility and fear an America based on the designs of the Constitution.
What more need any know about the Left?

Forum List

Back