FED Appeal Court Rejects -Dallas Suburb Cannot bar Illegal Immigrants from Renting

America is not dying a slow death at the hands of the Feds, by the way.

Go to any cowpoke red state. It's still the same shitty place you visited before Obama. Nothing's changed.

ooooh, yes it has, those "shitty places" have become more shitty due to illegals stinking up thos places. :up:

To be perfectly logical, would you really prefer them to live under an over pass? (no.., i would prefer them to live under and under pass :up: damn it, they do not belong here and as far as our immigration laws are concerned, they have been amended, changed and screwed with for 100 years just to accommodate illegals, i have no sympathy nor pity for them.)

Playing devil's advocate here, and I despise illegals by the way, would you really want to drive by some brown kid starving, and without clothes?

My point being simply that you need to temper some of this politically charged BS with a little compassion.

oooh ! great, let's burn all the fucking laws and live by "FEEEEELING" and compassion alone.., OK ?that little brown kid should not be here in the first place, his parents committed an ILLEGAL act, according to our laws..., but hey, fuck the laws let's just show some "commmmpassssion"

You are more than welcome to believe in whatever convictions you posses, but I will never, by any action, direct or indirect, respect the mistreatment of a child.

I'm fully aware of the laws. Target your hate toward the parents, and not the children.

We're not that different, I don't dislike the parents any less than you do but I'm not about to include the children in that argument.

Last edited:
America is not dying a slow death at the hands of the Feds, by the way.

Go to any cowpoke red state. It's still the same shitty place you visited before Obama. Nothing's changed.

Been to many "cowpoke red states" punk?

Yes.

I'm an entertainer. I go to them all. I'll go anywhere. Among my favorite places to go are cowpoke red state localities. One time I had car trouble practically in the middle of nowhere. Got it towed to the shop. Jake showed me what was wrong and told me he'd fix it within a couple hours. I knew he had other work to do, so I told him to take his time.

Meanwhile, his folks (the family appeared to live around back of the shop) invited me over. They fed me wicked good food, gave me seconds of pie to go, and Jake insisted on not charging me for the repairs.

I go through these places all the time. Nothing's changed. Still the same hard-working folks. And even though it goes unsaid, I just don't understand their politics because they vote to give massive corporate welfare to military contractors and the corporate farm up the highway and for Mitt Romney and his ilk to move American companies to Indonesia while Jake and his wife had to pay an additional $10,000 out of pocket for the birth of their son because their insurance company--also a beneficiary of corporate welfare--didn't cover all of the costs of the birth. There's something so ugly and un-American about that that it makes my gut turn even typing it right now.

Same old same old. Good white southern folks making life hard for themselves because of their own ignorance. The same kind of nice folks who've been brainwashed to believe that illegal immigrants and poor people are the problem, and not massive wasteful spending and breaks being given to people who don't even need them.

If you're really pro-life, than giving birth in this country should not have to stress out any of our new mothers. It should be free of charge in a single-payer system. And we can afford to do this if we had enough smarts to refinance our real priorities, which is Jake and his family, not the Koch brothers.

But that's the south for you. They're totally backwards on what they think our problems are, such as illegal immigration, which is not even a problem right now. But that hasn't stopped Republicans in the House from passing $40 billion to hire tens of thousands of new government workers to stand on the Mexico border with their dicks in their hands.

Last edited:
How will illegals pay the rent? Liberals have been claiming they don't get welfare and the liberals want to fine companies who hire them.

I don't think they should have to rent to people who cannot provide proper identification and references.

I know a guy who rented houses and apartments in a town near here. Several years back, INS raided a meat packing plant and the illegals that weren't caught, fled. The landlord was very upset when he saw the condition of the places rented to the illegals. The places needed expensive repairs and cleaning. He said most of the time, a young couple would look at a place and sign the lease. Next thing you know, there were a bunch of cars parked outside and he knew there were way more than a couple living in the places. They trashed the apartments and houses, even stole some light fixtures and ceiling fans on their way out. I doubt he wants to rent to illegals again.

Last edited:
You just went out on some wild tangents there Mr. entertainer yet you seem strangely familiar to me.

Please expound on our "ignorance" because I'd love to have that conversation.

You just went out on some wild tangents there Mr. entertainer yet you seem strangely familiar to me.

Please expound on our "ignorance" because I'd love to have that conversation.

Tons of ignorance. Except for Texas, almost every red state in the union takes more federal dollars than they actually pay.

In Kentucky, they get over $1.60 in federal money for every buck they pay into the nation's coffers.

Same with AL, MS, LO, OK, practically all of them.

Red states are actually the beneficiaries of free money while California, Texas, New York, Illinois, and other big states take about .75 cents for every dollar they put in.

Red states are being subsidized by all the states that people actually live in.

But it's the red staters who go on and on about getting government off their backs.

Total ignorance because they depend on the government the most.

What else is ignorant?

The fact that Republicans are the folks who hire illegals so they can make more profit and not have to declare them, but then they turn around and pretend to be all frustrated by the fact that these same illegals wish to use that money to pay rent.

Similar measures, disallowing undocumented immigrants from renting property, have also been invalidated in other jurisdictions on 14th Amendment due process grounds, where one is presumed innocent until determined guilty in a court of law. That one is undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal,’ and he has the right to rent property until such time a lawful determination has been made with regard to his immigration status.

And such measures are clearly predicated on animus toward ‘illegals,’ having nothing to do with the ‘will of the people.’

Similar measures, disallowing undocumented immigrants from renting property, have also been invalidated in other jurisdictions on 14th Amendment due process grounds, where one is presumed innocent until determined guilty in a court of law. That one is undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal,’ and he has the right to rent property until such time a lawful determination has been made with regard to his immigration status.

And such measures are clearly predicated on animus toward ‘illegals,’ having nothing to do with the ‘will of the people.’

Wrong again there skippy. These measure are based on the cost of illegals to the community. And using your logic an employer denying employment using E-verify would be violating due process. What's wrong with a landlord having access to the same system?

To be perfectly logical, would you really prefer them to live under an over pass?

Playing devil's advocate here, and I despise illegals by the way, would you really want to drive by some brown kid starving, and without clothes?

My point being simply that you need to temper some of this politically charged BS with a little compassion

you mean compassion like the other day when you said......"To hell with all federal workers. I hope they all rot.".....that kind of Compassion?.....

How will illegals pay the rent? Liberals have been claiming they don't get welfare and the liberals want to fine companies who hire them.

I don't think they should have to rent to people who cannot provide proper identification and references.

I know a guy who rented houses and apartments in a town near here. Several years back, INS raided a meat packing plant and the illegals that weren't caught, fled. The landlord was very upset when he saw the condition of the places rented to the illegals. The places needed expensive repairs and cleaning. He said most of the time, a young couple would look at a place and sign the lease. Next thing you know, there were a bunch of cars parked outside and he knew there were way more than a couple living in the places. They trashed the apartments and houses, even stole some light fixtures and ceiling fans on their way out. I doubt he wants to rent to illegals again.

i rent out a 4-plex.....you get the same kinda shit from white people......

Agreed. This is a stupid ordinance, although I don't know that I agree with the court that it violates federal law.

Show me in the Constitution where the court gets the power to say that a town can't pass this sort of ordinance. You can't do it.

The Constitution is pretty clear that we are citizens of the United States first, and citizens of the state we live in or are from, second.

Therefore, if you are not a citizen, you are not a citizen of the United States first, and then not a citizen of Texas, second.

I think that's why Texas can't just do whatever they want. A non citizen is the responsibility of the nation first, the state, second.

You're just babbling. Now, a word from the 10th amendment:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

But if we don't enforce the first law, immigration, the second law (could be anything) that protects Americans is moot.

If it's Ok for the electorate and the people to vote in POTUS, those same should be the final word at the state level too.

-Geaux

To be perfectly logical, would you really prefer them to live under an over pass?

My point being simply that you need to temper some of this politically charged BS with a little compassion.

It would force them to self-deport.

No job, no home, no medical, no food.. Go home.

It's that simple.

But Frickin' bleeding heart Liberals don't want to take those steps because it makes them "Feel" bad.

Guess what, it don't make me feel good to know that people are going hungry and need a job either.. BUT we need get the illegals out of this country, the sooner the better.

What else is ignorant?

The fact that Republicans are the folks who hire illegals so they can make more profit and not have to declare them, but then they turn around and pretend to be all frustrated by the fact that these same illegals wish to use that money to pay rent.

And why do you want them here?

Yes, I would! The harder it is for illegal aliens to survive here, the fewer will invade. Sheltering an illegal alien should be a felony.

Yes, I would! The harder it is for illegal aliens to survive here, the fewer will invade. Sheltering an illegal alien should be a felony.

I'm not trying to be a hater because I agree with a lot of your posts but I cannot bear the suffering of children. Adults yes, children never.

since when renting a local apartment is a federal area of jurisdiction?

a landlord can demand a proof of citizenship/permanent residency/legal visa before he/she signs a lease - and feds have no business there.

Last edited:

Frankly, yes. The more difficult it is to live here, the fewer illegals will show up and stay. My compassion is limited to those that obey the law. I don't care when mobsters get clipped, I don't care when rapists get raped in a prison shower, and I don't care if illegals starve. Sucks for the kids, but the parents put him in the position in the first place.

if you do not make it a criminal offense but rewrite the law in a matter of administrative one required high fine it still might be managed.

just needs a better disguise and not to mention immigration status at all :D

there are tons of ways to verify immigration status ;))))

Local governments need to educate themselves on EXISTING immigration documents.

Forum List

Back