Fed Raises Interest Rates Again

The economic data was not strong enough to warrant more raises, plain and simple- Find real economists that disagree- and I mean real economists, not some wacko right winger with no credibility. I have a whole long list of real economists that agree.
Over a period of eight whole years the Fed never thought the Obama economy could withstand even a small hike in interest rates (aside from just that one)?
"Corporate profits and the stock market reached record levels in 2010 and 2013 respectively, while inflation and interest rates remained near record low levels"
Even after buying up all that Obama debt and pumping all that freshly minted cash into the economy?

I simply don't buy what you are selling. Not at all.

Except you are the troll. You are the grown man that won't lift a finger to educate yourself on anything but your embarrassingly stupid wingnut conspiracy theory. Then you fail not only to acknowledge the points and explanations given by others (that you begged for instead of getting off your lazy ass to look up for yourself), you don't even acknowledge their efforts (which are more than a dishonest troll like you deserves).
That's all very comical, which is just what you would expect from a clown. Well done.

I haven't "begged: anyone for explanations for arguments that simply don't add up and when I make my arguments I annotate them with citations and references exactly like I'd expect from anyone else...except you of course. You just hit and run with nonsensical bullshit like trolls do.

I've simply asked for someone who can explain why the Fed kept interest rates at rock bottom levels for Barry Obama's eight year term (in addition to buying up his debt and pumping 12 trillion dollars of QE cash into the economy- ($12 trillion of QE and the lowest rates in 5,000 years ... for this?)
which everyone (leftists, I mean) insists was strong, vibrant and bouncing back hard from the recession of 2008.
While meanwhile the Trump economy has been hamstrung by a series of rate increases in an economy they (leftists)
claim isn't very strong at all.

Why, it's almost as if the Federal Reserve Bank is playing favorites, if we look at the evidence. You haven't even tried to explain the discrepancy. Go back to your hole.

The economic data was not strong enough to warrant more raises, plain and simple- Find real economists that disagree- and I mean real economists, not some wacko right winger with no credibility. I have a whole long list of real economists that agree.
Over a period of eight whole years the Fed never thought the Obama economy could withstand even a small hike in interest rates (aside from just that one)?
"Corporate profits and the stock market reached record levels in 2010 and 2013 respectively, while inflation and interest rates remained near record low levels"
Even after buying up all that Obama debt and pumping all that freshly minted cash into the economy?

I simply don't buy what you are selling. Not at all.

So you think they could've raised in 2013??

What was the FED doing in 2013?

They were reducing QE 3. You can't raise rates when you are still buying bonds, that doesn't even make sense.

Look up the TAPER TANTRUM , google it right now. Look at what happened with emerging markets as well- that is why you can't raise rates in 2013.

With all due respect, I really think you don't know what was going on with our monetary policy from 2008-2016.

The ECB is currently reducing its bond buying and has not raised rates yet at all, so according to you the ECB should just raise rates right now?

The vast majority of economists said Yellen and the FED proceeded properly. They also say that the FED is proceeding properly by raising now.

Maybe you can create the case that Powell should have not raised on Wednesday, but still it is only 1 raise and rates are still VERY low and economic data is still strong.

Why did Trump get rid of Yellen? Powell is Trump's guy and he only has himself to blame for this current situation.

If you don't like our monetary policy from 2008 -2018, then tell Bush and the GOP not to destroy our economy, and leave it in absolute ruin with the greatest financial meltdown since 1930.

You cherry picked one year out of eight. How come?

Let's just admit you cannot answer the simple question I posed days ago and let it go at that. The actions of the Federal Reserve Bank speak for themselves vis-a-vis their respective actions during the Obama years and now Trump.

Let's just admit you cannot answer the simple question I posed days ago and let it go at that. The actions of the Federal Reserve Bank speak for themselves vis-a-vis their respective actions during the Obama years and now Trump.
He answered your question several times over. As I predicted, you reject any new information that undermines your idiotic conspiracy theory.

You quoted 2013, you said:

SO I ask you, should they have raised in 2013?

I have completely and totally answered this question sufficiently. The problem is you don't really have any clue what was happening with our monetary policy and our economic data so you don't know what's going on. You just can't admit that Trump's terrible policies are to blame for the problem

The data is stronger under Trump and warrants more rate increases, plain and simple. That is a byproduct of a stronger economy and stronger data, more rate increases.

This is how the US economy and the FED have operated since its inception, what don't you understand.

You have not provided any evidence of a time when they should have raised and didn't

He answered your question several times over. As I predicted, you reject any new information that undermines your idiotic conspiracy theory.
Exactly.

These people can't admit reality, never have, never will.

They can't admit Bush crashed the economy in 2008, and they can't admit that Trump, who has similar policies to Bush, has done the same.

Trump's massive spending bills raising annual deficits to $1.2 T, Trump's do nothing corporate tax cut that was predominantly spent on Stock buybacks and M&A, not workers and wages, Trump's idiotic trade war, the now gov shutdown over a border wall??

Trump's policies are to blame, and the GOP just can't come to grips with that.

I have completely and totally answered this question sufficiently. The problem is you don't really have any clue what was happening with our monetary policy and our economic data so you don't know what's going on. You just can't admit that Trump's terrible policies are to blame for the problem

The data is stronger under Trump and warrants more rate increases, plain and simple. That is a byproduct of a stronger economy and stronger data, more rate increases.

This is how the US economy and the FED have operated since its inception, what don't you understand.

You have not provided any evidence of a time when they should have raised and didn't
I said many moons ago that I wasn't a particular fan of Bush or Trump economic policies, and I certainly wasn't a fan of Obama-nomics.
So okay, Trump's economy is vibrant and the Fed feels they can take the wind out of it's sails by raising interest rates
as that's the bottom line.
But they were so cautious and careful so as not to damage the fragile Obama economy they simply kept artificially
low flat line rates for eight whole years (save for one small adjustment..I don't know what they were thinking of then).
Leftists praise the Obama economy but the Fed's actions reveal they treated it like a sick man in intensive care.

So I'm not so concerned about the Fed raising rates now but how the Obama economy was the beneficiary of so many
unusual Fed actions, as previously detailed that you simply ignored or don't want to address.
I've seen nothing to change my original premise...that the Federal Reserve Bank was unusually umm... benevolent to
Barry Obama. Railing against Trump tax policies will not answer my question

For all of the yelling about a tiny raise, bet all the people who did not take a chance on the stock market & put there money in savings accounts, & CD's are happy to see to see there safe savings go up over 2% after 7 years of no growth. I put mine in the market & lost.

I said many moons ago that I wasn't a particular fan of Bush or Trump economic policies, and I certainly wasn't a fan of Obama-nomics.
So okay, Trump's economy is vibrant and the Fed feels they can take the wind out of it's sails by raising interest rates
But they were so cautious and careful so as not to damage the fragile Obama economy they simply kept artificially
low flat line rates for eight whole years (save for one small adjustment..I don't know what they were thinking of then).
Leftists praise the Obama economy but the Fed's actions reveal they treated it like a sick man in intensive care.

So I'm not so concerned about the Fed raising rates now but how the Obama economy was the beneficiary of so many
unusual Fed actions, as previously detailed that you simply ignored or don't want to address.
I've seen nothing to change my original premise...that the Federal Reserve Bank was unusually umm... benevolent to
Barry Obama. Railing against Trump tax policies will not answer my question

So according to you every-time the FED raises rates they are "taking the wind out of the sails of the economy" They raised rates many many more times under Clinton, and Bush, and not one credible person said that was the reason for the recession that followed later.

In a lot of ways that is correct because the economic data still was not that strong and certainly not strong enough to warrant more raises. AND few people say Obama's economy was the greatest, but you have to put it in perspective. You seem to not understand and realize we were in recovery from the greatest economic disaster in almost 100 yrs. Obviously that is not a normal situation and it calls for an abnormal response. Obama gets credit for restoring the US economy because things could have gotten MUCH MUCH worse as they did in Europe and Japan.

Here is your big problem: You fail to understand that Obama inherited the biggest mess, pretty much ever. That mess calls for abnormal actions, such as QE and Data dependent gradual raises (it was 2 actually). Few people disagree with this, somehow you can't seem to understand this?????

Now trump's policies caused a temporary unsustainable sugar high in the economy and the economic data, resulting in a raising of rates. Currently we have GDP above 3% and low unemployment, AND low rates the FED will raise into that 100% of the time and has all throughout the history. This is nothing new. Nothing biased. The FED will follow this same course of action regardless of who is president.

The FED has done nothing biased or unusual when they raise rates from 1 to 2% when the economic data is 3% GDP and low unemployment. This is standard operating procedure, and this is why you can't seem to understand what is going on.

You fail to understand it is Trump's policies that are hurting the economy, not the FED. It's time to understand that.

Forum List

Back