Federal inmates released early commit new crimes

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Color me not surprised.

Federal inmates released early, committing new crimes

A federal decision aimed to reduce the sentences of "non-violent" drug offenders and alleviate overcrowding issues has backfired in a way that could impact every community nationwide.

That's according to First District Attorney General Tony Clark, who says convicted felons released under this program in our area have already reoffended.

In April 2012, the United States Sentencing Commission decided to reduce the sentence of non-violent drug offenders, impacting those already incarcerated.

News Channel 11 addressed concerns surrounding this federal early release program in June, but in the months since, Clark told us those concerns have come true, pointing to real examples, in our area, of criminals released last year who have reoffended.
Clark says the federal move is undoing years of work it took prosecutors to put put those offenders behind bars.

"We're reaping the tragedies of what's happened, by these people being released early," Clark said....

....Just hours away in Chattanooga, "Someone...who should have been spending time in a federal penitentiary, was released early by President Obama's program, and that person is now charged with a murder."

http://www.wjhl.com/news/federal-in...itting-new-crimes_20180212061941887/969079164

Just federal? They have a violent offender catch and release program here in New Mexico.........

Just think,,,

People that have never committed a crime are committing crimes...I blame Trump

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Yeah we should just cut to the chase and let them all out.

2012 called Mikey - They would like their story back
So troll, It's not true then? We have already established ALL of you do not want to punish criminals. You don't have to keep proving it.

So troll, It's not true then? We have already established ALL of you do not want to punish criminals. You don't have to keep proving it.

I could post many stories from 2012 that were true. Kudos for keeping it out of Current Events though - Progress!

I could post many stories from 2012 that were true. Kudos for keeping it out of Current Events though - Progress!
We all know you want more murderers set free.

Color me not surprised.

A federal decision aimed to reduce the sentences of "non-violent" drug offenders and alleviate overcrowding issues has backfired in a way that could impact every community nationwide.

That's according to First District Attorney General Tony Clark, who says convicted felons released under this program in our area have already reoffended.

In April 2012, the United States Sentencing Commission decided to reduce the sentence of non-violent drug offenders, impacting those already incarcerated.

News Channel 11 addressed concerns surrounding this federal early release program in June, but in the months since, Clark told us those concerns have come true, pointing to real examples, in our area, of criminals released last year who have reoffended.
Clark says the federal move is undoing years of work it took prosecutors to put put those offenders behind bars.

"We're reaping the tragedies of what's happened, by these people being released early," Clark said....

....Just hours away in Chattanooga, "Someone...who should have been spending time in a federal penitentiary, was released early by President Obama's program, and that person is now charged with a murder."

http://www.wjhl.com/news/federal-in...itting-new-crimes_20180212061941887/969079164
Recidivism rates are high everywhere, whether they serve their whole bid or not.
Maybe we should be looking at the WHY of that, or how to improve it, instead of endlessly blaming a political party for it.
To completely cure recidivism, we would have to throw all incarcerated folks into a dungeon and throw away the key forever. You pay for that; I'd rather find another way.
Work release programs at the end of a sentence and intensive drug and alcohol rehab programs work in the places we have them in our state.

Color me not surprised.

Recidivism rates are high everywhere, whether they serve their whole bid or not.
Maybe we should be looking at the WHY of that, or how to improve it, instead of endlessly blaming a political party for it.
To completely cure recidivism, we would have to throw all incarcerated folks into a dungeon and throw away the key forever. You pay for that; I'd rather find another way.
Work release programs at the end of a sentence and intensive drug and alcohol rehab programs work in the places we have them in our state.
I did not know there was a political party called "liberal".

Color me not surprised.

I did not know there was a political party called "liberal".
Corrections officers are so seldom interested in finding ways to keep inmates from returning to prison. Job security, I guess.

Just federal? They have a violent offender catch and release program here in New Mexico.........

Wow, you go through the inconvenience of catching them first? Over here in California they've eliminated that step.

Forum List

Back