🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Federal Judge Upholds Cancellation Of 'Redskins' Trademarks

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
n-REDSKINS-LOGO-large570.jpg

Washington's professional football team has lost another fight over its name.

A federal judge ruled on Wednesday that the team cannot legally trademark its "Redskins" nickname, as The Washington Post first reported. The decision upholds a previous ruling from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, which voted 2-1 last year to cancel the team's trademarks.

The board ruled in June 2014 that the name was "disparaging to Native Americans" and thus violated federal laws that prohibit trademark protections for demeaning or offensive language.

More: Federal Judge Upholds Cancellation Of 'Redskins' Trademarks

Thank you!

Well, the Jewish team owner always has this option:

main-qimg-c10e251c6ed09aa2ba266d9b45bb1a55

Well that makes you happy

maybe some judge will cancel all the treaties the government made with the American Indians. I bet that will blow your skit too

Well that makes you happy

maybe some judge will cancel all the treaties the government made with the American Indians. I bet that will blow your skit too
The treaties have already been canceled or rewritten at he convenience of the government, commercial interest, whatever for hundred and hundred of years. Native Americans have been getting cheated since long before their was USA and ever since. It will take a century to get even partially balanced out, it ever.

Well, it doesn't look good for Dan Snyder. Now, any other racist can start using his logo for fun and profit.

whos next? the Red Sox?
How does the color of socks disparage or insult native Americans? The Red Sox got the name from wearing read stockings.
i am being a little sarcastic, just like when we bring up the blackhawks. but what if there was a team called red socks in the deep racist south, u think the far left would demand they change their name being Red refers to Indians?

maybe we should change the name of the redskins to "The Transexual Bi-Sexual Guys Who Are 1/32nd Cherokee Indian".

whos next? the Red Sox?
How does the color of socks disparage or insult native Americans? The Red Sox got the name from wearing read stockings.
i am being a little sarcastic, just like when we bring up the blackhawks. but what if there was a team called red socks in the deep racist south, u think the far left would demand they change their name being Red refers to Indians?
I don't know why people insist on making the issue a liberal one. It is about an ethnic group complaining that a disparaging name is being used. It really isn't up to the people who are using the word to determine if it is offensive or not. So what makes this a liberal issue? Why is it wrong for conservatives to believe in respect and not being publicly offensive?

i think like most reasonable people (aka average americans) the left just wants to destroy/eliminate anything the conservatives are in favor of. just like with guns, and going to work to make a living.

Look out Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves...
Depends on if those names are deemed to be disparaging to the people who regulate trademarks. Redskins has always been considered disparaging to a portion of native Americans. Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves my be viewed as complimentary or neutral to the trademark folks.

n-REDSKINS-LOGO-large570.jpg

Washington's professional football team has lost another fight over its name.

A federal judge ruled on Wednesday that the team cannot legally trademark its "Redskins" nickname, as The Washington Post first reported. The decision upholds a previous ruling from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Trial and Appeals Board, which voted 2-1 last year to cancel the team's trademarks.

The board ruled in June 2014 that the name was "disparaging to Native Americans" and thus violated federal laws that prohibit trademark protections for demeaning or offensive language.

More: Federal Judge Upholds Cancellation Of 'Redskins' Trademarks

Thank you!
Commie judge

Well, it doesn't look good for Dan Snyder. Now, any other racist can start using his logo for fun and profit.
...and i guess youll continue to use that racist picture you posted above. Hypocrite.

Forum List

Back