🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Trinity and Prayer

I would not have a problem with this. Father is a title, Son is a title and Holy Spirit is a title. Beliefs and understandings will differ to their names. I go with the Father's name as Elohim. The Son's name as Jesus or Jehovah. And, the Holy Spirit's name as The Holy Ghost.
And, God is a title for all three in the Godhead.
ok so...

How come you do not baptize in the name of Elohim, and in the name of Jesus, of the Holy Ghost? ...since that's what you believe

ok so...

How come you do not baptize in the name of Elohim, and in the name of Jesus, of the Holy Ghost? ...since that's what you believe
Because that is pretty much what Jesus said to do. Maybe it's to not use the actual names too much. Actually, I'm sure the Holy Ghost has a name other than Holy Ghost. But, because of His duties in the Godhead, it isn't a requirement for us to know. So, we just leave it as the Holy Ghost at this point.

Because that is pretty much what Jesus said to do. Maybe it's to not use the actual names too much. Actually, I'm sure the Holy Ghost has a name other than Holy Ghost. But, because of His duties in the Godhead, it isn't a requirement for us to know. So, we just leave it as the Holy Ghost at this point.
Then why did the baptism change?

Why did it change after the Pentecost experience; to people getting baptized in Jesus actual "name?"

Acts 2:38 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The doctrine of the Trinity is encapsulated in Matthew 28:19, where Jesus instructs the apostles: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”

Well, can we end your nonsense and what you find on Google. Now, if you want to debate what the trinity actually is, we can do that. But, there is a Godhead. Colossians 2:9. It's there. There is a lot more but these two versus put to rest your denial of the Godhead or Trinity. The Nicene Creed does give a first attempt on who the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are. But, the apostasy was well into it's 200th year since the death (or in my reading and understanding his transliteration). So, I really don't care what the Catholic Church teaches.
Stop in the name of the law is the same concept as at Matt 28:19--Each law has its own name and are not the same as another law.
Jesus does EVERYTHING in his Fathers name, He lives 24/7-365 to do his Fathers will over self.

Then why did the baptism change?

Why did it change after the Pentecost experience; to people getting baptized in Jesus actual "name?"

Acts 2:38 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Peter just saying repent and be baptized is not the ordinance being performed. Do the apostles always have to be precise? No. Again, Peter is just saying repent and be baptized. When the ordinance is performed, it will be done correct based on their direction from the Lord in their times.

Stop in the name of the law is the same concept as at Matt 28:19--Each law has its own name and are not the same as another law.
Jesus does EVERYTHING in his Fathers name, He lives 24/7-365 to do his Fathers will over self.
You didn't address the topic. Of course he addresses everything in his Father's name. Duh... But, the question is about is there a trinity or Godhead of three personages. This is typical JW bible bashing technique. Stray from the topic and you think you will win. NOT!!!

Peter just saying repent and be baptized is not the ordinance being performed. Do the apostles always have to be precise? No. Again, Peter is just saying repent and be baptized. When the ordinance is performed, it will be done correct based on their direction from the Lord in their times.
You're a bit lost for an answer, so you have chosen to focus on the ordinance. When the focus I'm bringing up is on the baptizing in the name of Jesus.

That's impossible!

God was not on the cross with Jesus.
Whose will/plan was Jesus obeying when he accepted the cross? In love and prayers, the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Was there obedience? Was there prayer? If so, the three were united.

That's impossible!

God was not on the cross with Jesus.
People unfairly put God on trial daily and unfairly convict God daily. He most certainly was on the cross that day. He put himself there. We are without excuse for blaming him for our material suffering. He has suffered with us.

People unfairly put God on trial daily and unfairly convict God daily. He most certainly was on the cross that day. He put himself there. We are without excuse.
fallback

you do not have Bible for what you are saying. Jesus was the only one on the cross asking God to remove the cup of the sins of the cross from him.

You're a bit lost for an answer, so you have chosen to focus on the ordinance. When the focus I'm bringing up is on the baptizing in the name of Jesus.
Not lost about anything. Just stating the fact that when we baptize, it’s done as stated in the Bible, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Spirit). Peter was telling the people to repent and be baptized. Taking out of context seems to be real easy with you JWs.

Not lost about anything. Just stating the fact that when we baptize, it’s done as stated in the Bible, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost (Spirit). Peter was telling the people to repent and be baptized. Taking out of context seems to be real easy with you JWs.
You just have to lie don't you? I'm not a JW, and never have been, but I love them.

You tell only a half truth. Peter did not simply tell them to repent and be baptized... he told them to do so in the name of Jesus. Why do you continuously and purposely leave that part out? Never mind, don't even answer it, I'm done.

Forum List

Back