🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Feds refuse pastors access to children in immigration camps

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Feds refuse pastors access to children in immigration camps

While the federal government is cramming foreign children like sardines into cages, waiting for the Obama Administration to decide how best to use the crisis for its own political advantage, the feds are making it clear that there is no place in the camps for pastors who would like to encourage and pray with the children.

While the feds say they’re “meeting the spiritual needs” of the children through their own chaplain program, they are absolutely shutting out any pastor who is not part of the official program.

He said churches are not even allowed bring soccer balls or play ping pong with the illegal immigrant children.

Pastor Coffin even asked if they could provide the children with toys, blankets and food. But the federal government’s response was the same – no donations allowed.

What could be driving such a policy?

Spiritual needs? We have our own official government program for that! You would just be in the way!
I guess the most obvious answer would be that the feds want to limit the public’s access to the facility because the last thing they need is more cell phone pictures going up on Facebook and Twitter that reveals the horror of life in the camps. That is not a consideration pertaining to the well-being of the children, of course. It’s to protect their own asses. Just as you would expect they would think.

Not far behind is their basic hostility toward people of faith and the notion that there would be any benefit whatsoever to pastors visiting the children. Spiritual needs? We have our own official government program for that! You would just be in the way!

The ban on donations is harder to explain, but it smacks of circling the wagons. What’s happening in these camps is simply an atrocity and the less contact there is between the camp operations and members of the general public, the better. They won’t even let members of Congress see what’s happening, so they’re certainly not going to grant access to some meddlesome pastors who might not be Obama supporters.

----------------------------------------

Remember when the liberals who refuse to do anything or volunteer anything like their own homes for these children being used as political pawns in this election year by this administration, accused Christians for not doing anything?

Remember that?

The federal government is not allowing Christians.....to help.

What a disaster of a president and what morons that voted for him twice, and still defend him to this day.

'elephant in the room' ???

If--the nation still exists at the time of the next election--what will that POTUS inherit?

Just ridiculous and heartbreaking.

While the federal government is cramming foreign children like sardines into cages
Wow and hyperbole meter pegged at 11 right from the start.

I guess the most obvious answer would be that the feds want to limit the public’s access to the facility because the last thing they need is more cell phone pictures going up on Facebook and Twitter that reveals the horror of life in the camps.
What horrors exactly? When people enter illegally should we be ensuring they have access to day spas and private rooms? Is that where you want tax dollars going?

As long as they are getting the basics of a bed, blanket, and three square they are fine until we figure out what to do with them.

Wow. A very interesting thread topic, Mr. Owl.

But SteadyMercury's gotcha with his comment about the "hyperbole meter".

The "horrors" these children are facing is the fault of their parents — not us Americans. And no, the children are not entitled to more than they are getting, in the physical sense of the word.

As to the spiritual issues they are facing: yeah, I too find it troublesome that Big Daddy government won't allow them to see priests and pastors, when—given the mere fact alone that they're children—they likely terribly need to see them.

The "horrors" these children are facing is the fault of their parents — not us Americans. And no, the children are not entitled to more than they are getting, in the physical sense of the word.

As to the spiritual issues they are facing: yeah, I too find it troublesome that Big Daddy government won't allow them to see priests and pastors, when—given the mere fact alone that they're children—they likely terribly need to see them.

True enough, however it is more about liberals who do nothing for the poor while blaming Christians for turning their backs on the needy. You see, liberals think they are helping the poor by insisting that the government do something for them and not them. For instance, you would never see a liberal lift a finger or offer up their homes to illegals. They do expect the tax payer to do these things.

They then stand and accuse Christians of being hypocrites.

The bottom line is Christians are indeed commanded to give to those in need. It does not qualify it to what country a person is from in the bible. Defeat evil by doing good. So, it is good that Christian groups are reaching out to help the needy. Yes, it is up to the parents too, but that is another story.

In this case, the piece of shit in chief does not give one damn about these children. He is doing evil by using them as political pawns in this election year to make democrats look good, republicans look bad, and to build on the tired narrative that democrats are poor and republicans are rich, white and evil.

There is a difference and you need to be wise to distinguish that difference. The president is a piece of shit and his followers are worse.

I agree.

True enough, however it is more about liberals who do nothing for the poor while blaming Christians for turning their backs on the needy. You see, liberals think they are helping the poor by insisting that the government do something for them and not them. For instance, you would never see a liberal lift a finger or offer up their homes to illegals. They do expect the tax payer to do these things.

They then stand and accuse Christians of being hypocrites.

The bottom line is Christians are indeed commanded to give to those in need. It does not qualify it to what country a person is from in the bible. Defeat evil by doing good. So, it is good that Christian groups are reaching out to help the needy. Yes, it is up to the parents too, but that is another story.

In this case, the piece of shit in chief does not give one damn about these children. He is doing evil by using them as political pawns in this election year to make democrats look good, republicans look bad, and to build on the tired narrative that democrats are poor and republicans are rich, white and evil.

There is a difference and you need to be wise to distinguish that difference. The president is a piece of shit and his followers are worse.

Though I am sick of Christian bashing, I do not find the President SOLELY at fault. Still, Obama must reach agreement with Congress, ASAP.

I don't think any of the retards on this site who are sighing about how terrible the parents are, and how none of this is a cynical and calculated political move by the current admin, has any inkling whatsoever how incredibly violent and horrible the Central American countries from which these children are risking death to escape, are.

Obama knows.

Which is why he essentially dropped flyers over those countries telling them to send their kids here.

He knows the cartels are exploiting it to the nth degree, and that's exactly what he wants.

I don't think any of the retards on this site who are sighing about how terrible the parents are, and how none of this is a cynical and calculated political move by the current admin, has any inkling whatsoever how incredibly violent and horrible the Central American countries from which these children are risking death to escape, are.

Obama knows.

Which is why he essentially dropped flyers over those countries telling them to send their kids here.

He knows the cartels are exploiting it to the nth degree, and that's exactly what he wants.

Obama drops them or orders the Air Force to do so, another unelievable tale.

While the federal government is cramming foreign children like sardines into cages
Wow and hyperbole meter pegged at 11 right from the start.

I guess the most obvious answer would be that the feds want to limit the public’s access to the facility because the last thing they need is more cell phone pictures going up on Facebook and Twitter that reveals the horror of life in the camps.
What horrors exactly? When people enter illegally should we be ensuring they have access to day spas and private rooms? Is that where you want tax dollars going?

As long as they are getting the basics of a bed, blanket, and three square they are fine until we figure out what to do with them.
Sounds reasonable. However, preventing pastors from meeting with the children is uncalled for. The spiritual needs of these children need to be addressed, now more so than ever before considering the predicament they are in.

True enough, however it is more about liberals who
No, I believe it is both a news event related to immigration policy and a humanitarian issue.

Only political hacks see it first as an opportunity to attack a political ideology.

Threatening Medical staff and BP agents & shutting out the Media, Congress and now Priests.

Hey Feds...whatcha hidin'?

True enough, however it is more about liberals who
No, I believe it is both a news event related to immigration policy and a humanitarian issue.

Only political hacks see it first as an opportunity to attack a political ideology.

Wrong asshole. This is a political move by the liar in chief you voted for twice and if you cannot see that or give him a pass for using these children as political pawns, then it is you who is the hopeless political hack.

This is an election year and he is indeed edifying the Hispanic vote for political gain. Period. No one wants to link his domestic council director who was once the Vice President of the radical group la rasa. Oh....a graduate of university of Cal Berkeley.

I am so sick of attempting to communicate with left wing idiots whose heads are so buried in their asses.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back