Ferguson judge withdraws all arrest warrants before 2015

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
This is a good start

Now this country should de privatize all prisons and get the profit motive out of the judicial system

(CNN)The municipal court judge in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday announced sweeping changes to the city's court system, including an order to withdraw all arrest warrants issued in that city before December 31, 2014.

Municipal Court Judge Donald McCullin, who was appointed in June, also changed the conditions for pretrial release. According to a press release put out by Ferguson, all defendants will be given new court dates with alternative penalties like payment plans or community service. Those caught for minor traffic violations should be less likely to end up behind bars

Ferguson judge withdraws arrest warrants before 2015 - CNN.com

I don't think piss anti non-violent crimes should = prison. A fine or community service is better.

I think at least some of this is good.

Did guano really say this?

an idiot said:
Now this country should de privatize all prisons and get the profit motive out of the judicial system

Is he stupid enough to believe there isn't a profit motive under a government run system? I'm sure there aren't high paying administrative jobs in a public prison system that no one would take advantage of right?

Yeah, Im sure he's that stupid.

In fact I'm confident that he's weapons grade stupid, and a danger to humanity.

I don't trust the private system to be in charge of prisons. They have had a long history of abusing people.

Wow. So every citizen of Ferguson got amnesty. And a new black chief and mayor.

Ferguson should be thriving soon I assume. It'll probably end up highly prosperous and safe like Buckhead, GA or the South Park area of Charlotte.

Bummer. Without question, some people will lose theirs lives because of this. There is a reason we put these criminals in jail.

As an aside this is where you are heading.....
Stealing From Wal-Mart Is Not a Crime, UW Relations Director Declares
Everett D. Mitchell is the Director of Community Relations at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is also an attorney, pastor, and community leader.

At a recent panel discussing "Best Policing Practices," Mitchell said that police should stop prosecuting individuals who shoplift from Wal-Mart and Target.
I dont think Walker went far enough in cutting their budget

This is a good start

(CNN)The municipal court judge in Ferguson, Missouri, on Monday announced sweeping changes to the city's court system, including an order to withdraw all arrest warrants issued in that city before December 31, 2014.

Municipal Court Judge Donald McCullin, who was appointed in June, also changed the conditions for pretrial release. According to a press release put out by Ferguson, all defendants will be given new court dates with alternative penalties like payment plans or community service. Those caught for minor traffic violations should be less likely to end up behind bars

Ferguson judge withdraws arrest warrants before 2015 - CNN.com

The alternative of a payment plan or community service rather than jail is a great idea.

What happens when they don't make any of their payments? Or they never do their community service?

Yet another case of black privilege. Just refuse to pay your traffic crime fines and your debt is turned into "community service" meaning no penalty at al

I don't think piss anti non-violent crimes should = prison. A fine or community service is better.

I think at least some of this is good.
Prison? no one said anything about prison.
How old are you, anyway?

Apparently you didn't read the entire opening post.

You're right. I didn't read it.

I try to keep the "signal to noise ratio" high and have a lot of people on ignore.

I was going by the topic of the thread and it doesn't say anything about prison.
pardon my error.

Again we see that rioting and looting pays off. You get to steal a lot of stuff and get your fines cancelled too. BTW - where does a judge get authority to cancel all these arrest warrants anyway?

Ferguson should be thriving soon I assume. It'll probably end up highly prosperous and safe like Buckhead, GA or the South Park area of Charlotte.

Throwing smokers of pot, drunk drivers and even thief's in prison turns these people violent. Prison is a violent environment.

Again we see that rioting and looting pays off. You get to steal a lot of stuff and get your fines cancelled too. BTW - where does a judge get authority to cancel all these arrest warrants anyway?

Throwing people in prison for 20 years for beating someone up or robbery isn't helping the black community improve. One way or the other we're going to be living with this community so I think we should attempt to improve things.

These kinds of sentences should only be for murder or rape.

Detroit and Boston come to mind

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Throwing people in prison for 20 years for beating someone up or robbery isn't helping the black community improve. One way or the other we're going to be living with this community so I think we should attempt to improve things.

These kinds of sentences should only be for murder or rape.

Haha!! Nobody is getting 20 years for assault or robbery. It's a joke how lenient courts are on criminals for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc etc offense. See some of these 18-30 year Olds getting arrested....and they have HUGE rap sheets? They obviously aren't getting jail time. Which is probably why they reoffend.

Singapore has extremely harsh sentencing. And almost zero crime. Hmmmm.

Forum List

Back