financing a car/truck for 10 yrs?

I don't even remember being taught about finance or interest or such in high school. I do know we were taught about writing a check & balancing a checkbook. Though that may have been in a particular class you signed up for, but not regular curriculum for everybody. It should be though
Back in 2014 when the corporation sold off their physical assets to get more money to buy intellectual assets, one of those was the printing company I ran for them. They gave me $50k as a thank you I guess, about what I made for them every 2 or 3 weeks. Anyhow, I took that money and refinanced the mortgage. I told someone of this, and they said "bet your lovin the lower payments?"... I looked at him and said," no my payments are higher".
"What?. how is that?"
Never occurred to him that I refinanced with the $50k and took 15 years off the mortgage.
I said "I wasn't after a lower payment, I was after paying them a lot less".

I think it took him a second to figure that statement out.
Yes, that is a fine example of how kids are not taught about finances in school.

Pretty much.
I know of more than one family who bring home roughly $7-$8000 a month... and they have a negative net worth.
Insanity.
A lady at the office, her husband owned a construction company, a good one, he sold it about 5 years ago I guess.
Anyway. They have a 5 bdrm house for just the 2 of them. They have 3 vehicles, a boat, an RV (nice one) they put in an in ground swimming pool... and on... I have heard her say numerous times about "Thank God we get paid this week".
Stupid as hell.
It's amazing how people lose their sanity trying to keep up with the Joneses. It's a brutal game, and a huge wake up call sooner than later for many. Join the rat race or not... LOL

Forum List

Back