Fire official confirms 13 people were found dead after a fire in Philadelphia’s Fairmount section this morning

Wow, that's tragic.

Makes you wonder whether properly maintained smoke alarms were installed in the property. To lose that many lives in a fire is very unusual...

Wow, that's tragic.

Makes you wonder whether properly maintained smoke alarms were installed in the property. To lose that many lives in a fire is very unusual...
Not in Hispanic neighborhoods. Two apartments, 13 people. Did they have a fire going in the living room to keep warm? That's the usual story.

Not in Hispanic neighborhoods. Two apartments, 13 people. Did they have a fire going in the living room to keep warm? That's the usual story.

Oh, I understand that, in Hispanic neighborhoods, large extended families living under the same roof is nothing unusual. But losing entire large families in a fire is unusual...

Oh, I understand that, in Hispanic neighborhoods, large extended families living under the same roof is nothing unusual. But losing entire large families in a fire is unusual...
Not really. Not if someone left a fire going and everyone went to bed. Village people think that a fireplace is the same as a metal bucket with a wood fire.

The toll has been reduced to 12.

However I have NOT seen in any American media the details that have been published in Britain:

If you take the time to open the link please also take the time to read the whole article and look carefully at all the pictures.

When you're all done consider:

Should there be a federal agency to make sure every home has a smoke detector?
Should there be no-warrant inspections of all properties to make sure the mandatory smoke detectors are working?
Should there be a federal ban on "lighters"?
Should allowing a "lighter" to fall into the hands of a minor be a felony?
Should training and a certificate (social credit document) required to buy a "lighter"?

Done?

Great!

Now review your personal position on the same questions if the word "gun" were substituted in each of the above.

Forum List

Back