🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

flags of Germany - which ones do you know - if any?

I know - more or less ....

• the present day flag of pure black-red-gold

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • the East German flag: black-red-gold plus hammer and compass and wreath of wheat

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • the black-white-red flag with the swastika

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • the black-white-red flag with the eagle - the flag of the days of the Kaiser

• other German flags

• none

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Who cares?

That right there. What, are the Germans too poor to afford some blue for their flag? Apparently they pilfered the Black Power flag for their colors.

1690153379621.png

Well, that is what Germans are most remembered for, isn't it? I mean what do you think of when someone says "Germans"?

View attachment 807461
---“Who can play Nazis better than us Jews?”---

Germans maybe.
Put yourself in my place.
I have no reason to learn about Germany's anthem,why would I?
The Wife already calls me the walking,talking factodex of useless information and even I dont want to know about the German national anthem.
If I planned on vacationing there,which I'm not,I might go through the trouble of learning it.
Now if I was going to Italy I'd learn all about the food in the different areas so I could eat my way across the country.
While Germany has some good food they in no way compare to Italy.
It's a matter of interest,and I dont know a single soul who cares enough about Germany to learn your national anthem.
So in conclusion I believe you have an inflated idea of the number of people who give a shit one way or another.

Germans maybe.
The Wife already calls me the walking,talking factodex of useless information and even I dont want to know about the German national anthem.
If I planned on vacationing there,which I'm not,I might go through the trouble of learning it.
Now if I was going to Italy I'd learn all about the food in the different areas so I could eat my way across the country.
It's a matter of interest,and I dont know a single soul who cares enough about Germany to learn your national anthem.
So in conclusion I believe you have an inflated idea of the number of people who give a shit one way or another.
There is a good reason why I am asking.
A political reason.

And I did not think of LEARNING the text!

I just thought of those THREE words: "Deutschland über alles!"

Many people know about that line ....

There is a good reason why I am asking.
A political reason.

And I did not think of LEARNING the text!

I just thought of those THREE words: "Deutschland über alles!"

Many people know about that line ....

Gott Mit Uns

26032d1233246492-gott-mit-uns-belt-buckle-real-fake-m4_68-aluminium-nowa-dated-1939-front.jpg

Germans maybe.
So in case you decide to go to Germany for what reason ever, you don´t have to know anything about the German anthem. The few Germans that are still around here have less inkling of it than you do. Their anthem goes like this:
I´m a wigga, I´m a wigga, I am just a wigga.

flags of Germany - which ones do you know - if any?​

The old and new flag of the Holy Empire are very interesting.

The first flag of the Holy Empire had been a red flag with a white cross - practically an inverted English flag. Similar to the Danish flag (Danebrog) but with a centered cross. It is said the English white flag had been the peace flag of the Holy Empire and the inverted red flag had been the war flag of the Holy Empire.

150px-Flag_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire_%281200-1350%29.svg.png

And this had been the "new" flag since about 1500 AD with the last national anthem of the Holy Empire from 1797 from Joseph Haydn. In 1806 the Holy Empire was dissolved.

Last edited:
So in case you decide to go to Germany for what reason ever, you don´t have to know anything about the German anthem. The few Germans that are still around here have less inkling of it than you do. Their anthem goes like this:
I´m a wigga, I´m a wigga, I am just a wigga.

Bleipriester, ever thought about to learn knitting without to say bullshit?

German Flag Colors​

The color used in the flag is referred to as gold, not yellow. Conservatives, monarchists, and members of the far right criticized the black-red-gold tricolor when it was chosen as the Weimar Republic’s flag, calling the colors Schwarz-Rot-Gelb (black-red-yellow) or even Schwarz-Rot-Senf (black–red–mustard).

Prussians criticized this - not so other Germans. The colors black, red and yellow are a bridge to the flag of the much older Holy Empire (800-1806 AD) and not to the Prussian empire from 1870-1918. Difference: "Holy Empire" <=> An emperor had been a good emperor when he been able to maintain peace. Prussian Empire <=> "Iron, blood and earth" - ideology (=Survival of the powerful in an unjust brutal world).

Last edited:
JGalt

By the way, JGalt. The main theme which German immigrants brought to the puritan USA was "joy". Parades for example and folk festivals. And also a lot of humor. In total it had been exactly three trillion tons of humor and 14 centigramme. Still today you are not able to say what is a joke what a German says or whether this is a serios thought. And the opinion before world war 1 about Germans had been they are diligent but slow in work and mind and that they had been very bad soldiers but also peaceful and "gemütvolle" Menschen. Nevertheless to be "gemütvoll" in the horror-USA no one seems really able to be for a long time so you don't really know what are "gemütvoll" and "gemütlich". That's why you have no word for such an essential nonsense. Your people love it when everyone hates them while you have enough guns to defend yourselve. But what for heavens sake do you defend? Your stupidity?

Last edited:
Gott Mit Uns

26032d1233246492-gott-mit-uns-belt-buckle-real-fake-m4_68-aluminium-nowa-dated-1939-front.jpg

The strange Swastika was an alienation from the Nazis. The original is without Swastika.

"God with us" is a short form of "God be with us in victory and defeat" - to remember our soldiers to be generous in case of victory and not to be despaired in case of defeat.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back