Flight 93 Memorial

Has anyone been to the memorial? There is an outside chance that we can fit it in this fall when we visit. Any must-sees?

I drive by the exit frequently but have never been. Always been meaning to go. I've known people who have gone and they liked it. I figure, even if you end up being underwhelmed, it's in a scenic part of the country. Gettysburg is maybe a couple of hours away. Antietam and Harpers Ferry are in that region if you go through Maryland - if that sort of thing appeals.

I drive by the exit frequently but have never been. Always been meaning to go. I've known people who have gone and they liked it. I figure, even if you end up being underwhelmed, it's in a scenic part of the country. Gettysburg is maybe a couple of hours away. Antietam and Harpers Ferry are in that region if you go through Maryland - if that sort of thing appeals.
Yeah we're planning Harpers Ferry. Shanksville would be the side-trip.

Yeah we're planning Harpers Ferry. Shanksville would be the side-trip.
Harpers Ferry is worth the trip
If you can physically do it, climb the hills outside of town and you get a spectacular view.

1694263763141.jpeg

I would definitely make the trip to Shanksville if I were nearby. Find some of the programming on History Channel about UAL 93 or watch the movie about this that came out in 2005. If there is anything that came out of that day that can be considered uplifting, it is these passengers fighting back.

Forum List

Back