Florida lawmakers propose military service as alternative to jail time

It's a good idea. But should be on a case by case basis.

It should be primarily for younger people on their 2nd or 3rd conviction. No crazy people, no gang bangers, etc. Don't need to train career criminals on how to effectively kill better.

But for younger people on their way to becoming a criminal this could be the knot they need jerked in their ass to straighten them out.

Honestly the current generation of kids could all stand to do 2 years in the military so they grow up with a backbone and some realistic perspective on life, and just maybe learn some respect for America.

The US Military has become an elite force with strict requirements.

Why would they want a bunch of convicts ?

Because the strategy worked in the past.

Apparently you've never seen Lee Marvin's classic the "Dirty Dozen" or are unfamiliar with the Dirlewanger Brigade deployed by the Germans in the 1940's?

The Military wants to invest in the best society has to offer not those society has cast off.

Not legally for the 20 or so years. If a judge does it now and the military finds out that person is permanently DQ from service.
My experience with that is a lot longer than that but I did find this from the Army.

The Army's Recruiting Regulation, 601-210, paragraph 4-8b: Any "applicant who, as a condition for any civil conviction or adverse disposition or any other reason through a civil or criminal court, is ordered or subjected to a sentence that implies or imposes enlistment into the Armed Forces of the United States is not eligible for enlistment."
That was enacted in 2018.

NOT convicts, people that have been charged with certain crimes.
That's been an option for first-time offenders for a long time.

Not in a long time

When there was a Draft, Judges used it as an option
The Volunteer Force does not want criminals

My experience with that is a lot longer than that but I did find this from the Army.

The Army's Recruiting Regulation, 601-210, paragraph 4-8b: Any "applicant who, as a condition for any civil conviction or adverse disposition or any other reason through a civil or criminal court, is ordered or subjected to a sentence that implies or imposes enlistment into the Armed Forces of the United States is not eligible for enlistment."
That was enacted in 2018.

I did Marine Corps recruiting from 2003-2007 and it was illegal then. As a recruiter I did a few times speak to the county attorneys office and always had to make sure they understood nothing could be put in writing about the Marines.

I've been saying this since I was in my teens!!!!!
Everybody just laughed at me.

Convicts can serve MANY, MANY, MAAAANNNNYYYY useful purposes!!!!!

Medical test subjects.
Experimental test subjects.....like new types of rockets/space ships.
Dangerous work laborer......like in coal mines, digging for oil, or digging tunnels.
Cleaning up city dumps.
Cleaning up that garbage island floating in the sea!
BUILDING THE WALL!!
Patching roads and highways.
Working in homeless kitchens year round.

Using them in the military as--
test subjects
front line runners
bomb deactivators
intel spies in hostile territories
tank drivers going into battle
helicopter pilots going into battle
etc...

Most of these prisoners claim they never had a chance for a real life and are "victims" of their surroundings. I find this a toddlers excuse, not a mans excuse.

Give them something to help them make up their minds on who and what they are, and if there's something else out in the world they can do besides being criminals.

All the while, serving their time by DOING something for society and their country, not sitting around getting fat, watching cable TV, and trolling the internet while WE pay for it all.

I worked at an honor camp for a time, you're there you work. They were taken care of, clean up after a fire gets you a steak and $ for cigs and snacks. Now they dont let them smoke, fucking bastards.

The US Military has become an elite force with strict requirements.

Why would they want a bunch of convicts ?
Because Brandon is running people out and no one wants to serve under him........Not to mention leaving behind people in Afghanistan.........Might have to do this to keep enough in........lmao

Was a norm back in the day......some bragged that they joined to stay out of jail. Served with them.....Some tried to start gangs in the Navy.....that didn't end well for them.

During WWII, Stalin put convicts in prison brigades and used them for suicide attacks.

Is that the type of thing you all have in mind?

Because Brandon is running people out and no one wants to serve under him........Not to mention leaving behind people in Afghanistan.........Might have to do this to keep enough in........lmao

Was a norm back in the day......some bragged that they joined to stay out of jail. Served with them.....Some tried to start gangs in the Navy.....that didn't end well for them.
Really?

Show me where force strength is down under Biden
No military were left behind in Afghanistan. Biden got them all out.

You sound like Trump……just making shit up that meets your narrative

Forum List

Back