🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida's AG took a bribe from Trump and dropped the investigation.

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
'Trump U' scandal gets worse for Florida's AG

Florida’s attorney general personally solicited a political contribution from Donald Trump around the same time her office deliberated joining an investigation of alleged fraud at Trump University and its affiliates. […]
The money came from a Trump family foundation in apparent violation of rules surrounding political activities by charities. A political group backing Bondi’s re-election, called And Justice for All, reported receiving the check Sept. 17, 2013 – four days after Bondi’s office publicly announced she was considering joining a New York state probe of Trump University’s activities, according to a 2013 report in the Orlando Sentinel.

If you want to try to defend Bondi’s actions, try finishing this sentence for me: “I think it is perfectly appropriate for a prosecutor to take big chunks of money from someone she has been asked to investigate because ….”

Florida’s attorney general personally solicited a political contribution from Donald Trump around the same time her office deliberated joining an investigation of alleged fraud at Trump University and its affiliates. […]
The money came from a Trump family foundation in apparent violation of rules surrounding political activities by charities. A political group backing Bondi’s re-election, called And Justice for All, reported receiving the check Sept. 17, 2013 – four days after Bondi’s office publicly announced she was considering joining a New York state probe of Trump University’s activities, according to a 2013 report in the Orlando Sentinel.

If you want to try to defend Bondi’s actions, try finishing this sentence for me: “I think it is perfectly appropriate for a prosecutor to take big chunks of money from someone she has been asked to investigate because ….”

Oooh! :desk:

--- ""because her parents were not Mexicans"?

:laugh2:

WaPo, March 22:

>> The donation to Bondi’s group by Trump’s foundation, a charity that the billionaire businessman created in the 1980s, was controversial because it came as Bondi was reviewing whether to investigate fraud allegations against Trump University, a real-estate-seminar business affiliated with the front-runner.

Bondi, a Republican who was preparing for her 2014 reelection campaign, never took action against Trump University.

When questions arose at the time, the group and Trump defended the donation.

The treasurer of the pro-Bondi And Justice for All, Nancy Watkins, told the Tampa Bay Times at the time that the group was “comfortable with the propriety of the contribution from the Trump Foundation.” Trump told the paper then that Bondi “is a fabulous representative of the people — Florida is lucky to have her.” <<​

And yet --- once called on it by a watchdog group, the Rump campaign suddenly morphed from "comfortable with the donation" to "oh noes, it was a mistake, wrong charity, silly us"....

>> Weisselberg, the foundation’s treasurer, said the mistakes began with an accounts-payable clerk at the Trump Organization.

The clerk received a request for payment, Weisselberg said, in the name of Bondi’s group, And Justice for All. Then, the clerk had to decide whether the check would come from Trump’s charity or his personal funds.

The clerk had a standing order to consult a reference book, Weisselberg said. “In that book, it lists all the bona fide charities, so we went to that book and in that book, sure enough, is And Justice for All,” Weisselberg said.

That was a mistake, he said, but the clerk didn’t know it.

The listing she found for And Justice for All was actually for a nonprofit with the same name, located in Utah. So the clerk, Weisselberg said, wrote a check for that name, drawn from the charitable foundation’s funds.

If the clerk had known that the check was meant for a political group, Weisselberg said, “we would have taken it out of [Trump’s] own personal account.” <<​

OH. So Rump would have paid her off personally rather than from the charity.
Well hey, thanks for clearing that up.

:dig:

Sounds like a conspiracy and leftards don't believe in them....right? (snicker)

If anything it might be a violation of the "rules surrounding political activities by charities" but only the victims of the left wing propaganda machine would dare call it a bribe. The problem for republicans is there is no investigative base like the democrat party has. The "tax exempt" Media Matters managed to fund a little army of agents and sleazy investigators to try to dig up dirt on Sara Palin and her family when McCain appointed her as V.P. candidate. The GOP has no such support group. The liberal media brought the Nixon administration down over a 3rd rate burglary and we now know the Obama administration used the IRS to target political enemies but the liberal media isn't outraged and the radical left doesn't care. You almost have to laugh that Al Gore was caught with the proverbial smoking gun on the freaking phone soliciting donations from illegal charitable and foreign organizations and the mainstream media circled the wagons around his lame excuse that there was "no controlling legal entity" to enforce the rule.

Another desperate failed attempt at trying to bring Trump down with weak bullshit from libRATS. The more negative Trump is put in the spotlight, the better his chances for winning. It's backfiring off of you demoRATS. Feed the monster and it will grow bigger. Hillary is getting hungry, maybe you should campaign for your candidate to win instead of focusing on how can Trump lose. You Hillary groupie bitches must be getting worried that your Queen will lose because I sure don't see you PUSSIES pushing her issues. She's commanding you men like her bitch Bill Clit.

Same thing happened in Texas.

Um....this is basically the same shit the Clinton Foundation has done for over a decade.

Get huge paydayd. Make political favors in return.

It's the shady establishment and it's why people on BOTH sides are sick of it.

Only difference is....we aren't voting for the GOP establishment anymore. But you lefties are voting in the Clinton Dynasty of Corruption for another decade of shame.

Um....this is basically the same shit the Clinton Foundation has done for over a decade.

Only difference is....we aren't voting for the GOP establishment anymore. But you lefties are voting in the Clinton Dynasty of Corruption for another decade of shame.
I keep hearing about the Clinton Foundation using funds for corrupt reasons, from Republicans of course, but nobody has ever connected the dots with a verifiable source that I know of. All I ever hear is the accusations not accompanied by a reliable source. Anybody? I'd really like to know, but not by some obscure blogger with an agenda.

Every response is asking about Conspiracies. Funny thing is facts don't go away because you mock them or ask silly questions.

He was being considered for investigation. She asked for a bribe from the guy she was investigating. Maybe not a bribe but coincidentally she dropped the case right after cashing the check.

The AG said so and Trump has said so. Who do you disagree with?

I keep hearing about the Clinton Foundation using funds for corrupt reasons, from Republicans of course, but nobody has ever connected the dots with a verifiable source that I know of. All I ever hear is the accusations not accompanied by a reliable source. Anybody? I'd really like to know, but not by some obscure blogger with an agenda.

You're asking them to prove they have a Unicorn? :badgrin:

Every response is asking about Conspiracies. Funny thing is facts don't go away because you mock them or ask silly questions.

He was being considered for investigation. She asked for a bribe from the guy she was investigating. Maybe not a bribe but coincidentally she dropped the case right after cashing the check.

I have no allegiance to Trump but you are willing to look into every minute detail of Trump's activities while totally overlooking the crimes of Hitlery...that is my point. IF you dared to put Hitlery under the same microscope that you do those that oppose your political views, you would find that they are simply different sides of the same coin...but you lack the intellect to do so because you are "leftard" all the way and the end justifies the means.

I have no allegiance to Trump but you are willing to look into every minute detail of Trump's activities while totally overlooking the crimes of Hitlery...that is my point.

Oohh, I thought when yiu said it sounded like a conspiracy with no mention of Hillary or me that your point...it sounded like a conspiracy.

Deflection.

IF you dared to put Hitlery under the same microscope that you do those that oppose your political views, you would find that they are simply different sides of the same coin...but you lack the intellect to do so because you are "leftard" all the way and the end justifies the means.

If they are the same you are free to post them and I'll join you. But you dont, because you cant. So your only defense is to complain about the number of Trump scandals in the news and claim EVERYONE of them and fakes, or from haters or some other accusatory bs. Nice try flunky.

I have no allegiance to Trump but you are willing to look into every minute detail of Trump's activities while totally overlooking the crimes of Hitlery...that is my point.

Oohh, I thought when yiu said it sounded like a conspiracy with no mention of Hillary or me that your point...it sounded like a conspiracy.

Deflection.

IF you dared to put Hitlery under the same microscope that you do those that oppose your political views, you would find that they are simply different sides of the same coin...but you lack the intellect to do so because you are "leftard" all the way and the end justifies the means.

If they are the same you are free to post them and I'll join you. But you dont, because you cant. So your only defense is to complain about the number of Trump scandals in the news and claim EVERYONE of them and fakes, or from haters or some other accusatory bs. Nice try flunky.

You will not delve into anything that paints the Clintons in a bad light because you don't want your preconceived notions of her destroyed. She is part of a protected class just like the Bush clan was...all crimes swept under the carpet. Crimes that people like me and you would be doing hard time for. You are a shill....a partisan shill and nothing more.

Do tell.

I have no allegiance to Trump but you are willing to look into every minute detail of Trump's activities while totally overlooking the crimes of Hitlery...that is my point. IF you dared to put Hitlery under the same microscope that you do those that oppose your political views, you would find that they are simply different sides of the same coin...but you lack the intellect to do so because you are "leftard" all the way and the end justifies the means.

OH NOES!! They're telling the truth about Rump again! All hands on dick deck, change the subject!!
hair-fire.gif

Same shit, different thread. You can set your watch by it. Write "Rump", they see "Clinton". SMH

OH NOES!! They're telling the truth about Rump again! All hands on dick deck, change the subject!!
hair-fire.gif

Same shit, different thread. You can set your watch by it. Write "Rump", they see "Clinton". SMH

Write Hitlery and leftards see Trump........same shit, different day. Do you HONESTLY believe that your fool-fueled rants will sway anyone to change over to the Hitlery side and vice versa?

hair-fire.gif

Write Hitlery and leftards see Trump........same shit, different day. Do you HONESTLY believe that your fool-fueled rants will sway anyone to change over to the Hitlery side and vice versa?

What's the title and topic of this thread, Eveyln Wood?
Hillary Clinton?
Bill Clinton?
Bill Cosby?
Bing Crosby?
Norm Crosby?
Norm van Brocklin?

Hey, they'll all work to jump the tracks. Keep tryin', you're a whiner winner.

Trump is still better than hildabeast and most commie dimwits.

Deflection.

You will not delve into anything that paints the Clintons in a bad light because you don't want your preconceived notions of her destroyed. She is part of a protected class just like the Bush clan was...all crimes swept under the carpet. Crimes that people like me and you would be doing hard time for. You are a shill....a partisan shill and nothing more.

Well no, I don't want to delve into Clinton in a thread about Trump. I said if you create a thread, tag me. I'll discuss the topic of your choice.

But what I won't do is demand your topic on Hillary should also be about Trump.

Forum List

Back