For Ramadan, Courting the Muslim Shopper

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
If they have the money, Muslim women can certainly buy some clothes from he top designers in the world.. I certainly like that blue caftan.

JUNE 24, 2015

Photo
25FRONTROW-master675.jpg

The “Ramadan Edit” from Net-a-Porter, which last month heralded Ramadan with a selection of garments and accessories.

By RUTH LA FERLA

On his Armani/Dolci website and in his sweets emporiums across the Middle East, Giorgio Armani is offering a box of chocolates, date-and-honey-filled pralines sans alcohol.

But his gracious gesture has nothing on that of Monique Lhuillier, who is selling a selection of caftans on the upscale Moda Operandi site, including a version in virginal white embroidered with cascades of field flowers.

Nor can it compete with Tommy Hilfiger, whose 11-piece capsule collection, available at Hilfiger stores in the Middle East, incorporates temptations like a cowl-neck black satin evening dress and a long-sleeve teal gown slit, a bit indecorously, from instep to knee.

Mr. Hilfiger is among the latest in a handful of designers and merchants seeking to capitalize on the advent of Ramadan, the holiest month of the Islamic lunar calendar. (It ends this year on July 17.) A time of fasting and contemplation alternating in the evenings with festive gatherings of family and friends, it has emerged in recent years as a month of extravagant spending that is rivaled, some say, only by Christmas.

Continue reading at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/fashion/for-ramadan-courting-the-muslim-shopper.html?

If they have the money, Muslim women can certainly buy some clothes from he top designers in the world.. I certainly like that blue caftan.

JUNE 24, 2015

Photo
25FRONTROW-master675.jpg

The “Ramadan Edit” from Net-a-Porter, which last month heralded Ramadan with a selection of garments and accessories.

By RUTH LA FERLA

On his Armani/Dolci website and in his sweets emporiums across the Middle East, Giorgio Armani is offering a box of chocolates, date-and-honey-filled pralines sans alcohol.

But his gracious gesture has nothing on that of Monique Lhuillier, who is selling a selection of caftans on the upscale Moda Operandi site, including a version in virginal white embroidered with cascades of field flowers.

Nor can it compete with Tommy Hilfiger, whose 11-piece capsule collection, available at Hilfiger stores in the Middle East, incorporates temptations like a cowl-neck black satin evening dress and a long-sleeve teal gown slit, a bit indecorously, from instep to knee.

Mr. Hilfiger is among the latest in a handful of designers and merchants seeking to capitalize on the advent of Ramadan, the holiest month of the Islamic lunar calendar. (It ends this year on July 17.) A time of fasting and contemplation alternating in the evenings with festive gatherings of family and friends, it has emerged in recent years as a month of extravagant spending that is rivaled, some say, only by Christmas.

Continue reading at:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/fashion/for-ramadan-courting-the-muslim-shopper.html?
Do tell .... :cool:

Some of the Muslim dress is certainly pretty...colorful,bright, feminine...beats the hell out of "muffin top" in folks that have no business wearing spandex...(like me :D)

stock-footage-beautiful-muslim-girls-at-the-park-using-laptop-and-smile.jpg

fee3b18259efad42880a13019e497dd3.jpg

Some of the Muslim dress is certainly pretty...colorful,bright, feminine...beats the hell out of "muffin top" in folks that have no business wearing spandex...(like me :D)

stock-footage-beautiful-muslim-girls-at-the-park-using-laptop-and-smile.jpg

fee3b18259efad42880a13019e497dd3.jpg

I'm glad to see how colorful these dresses are. It sure beats the all black dress. As for spandex, get out of the way of some really fat lady who stuffed herself into spandex as it might burst and you will get hit.

Spandex and I are at war ;)

There are a lot of beautiful clothing options for women...and the great thing about living here is we can all indulge in it! :) (except spandex)

Forum List

Back