Former trump Attorney Who Vowed To 'Release The Kraken' Facing Sanction Hearing In Detroit

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is a very interesting development.

Sydney Powell and other lawyers have to be in court in Michigan on July 6th for a sanction hearing.

The state attorney general has asked that Powell and others be sanctioned.

Powell basically sealed her fate with this when her reply to the Dominion lawsuit was "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact."

She basically admitted that she lied in and out of court. She can lie all she wants out of court but when you lie in court there are consequences.

She and the other lawyers know this yet made the bad choice to lie in court for trump.

Very bad choice. Now they are trying not to face those bad consequences.

Powell basically sealed her fate with this when her reply to the Dominion lawsuit was "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact."
Worked for Rachel Maddow.

"We literally learned today that that outlet the president is promoting shares staff with the Kremlin," Maddow said in a July 22, 2019, episode. "In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda. The on air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government."

Not only did she win the case to get it dismissed... She also got 250k for court costs if I remember right. So... No... I don't think that's a "sealed fate"... Unless... Of course... Hypocrisy Naw... couldn't...

"We literally learned today that that outlet the president is promoting shares staff with the Kremlin," Maddow said in a July 22, 2019, episode. "In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda. The on air U.S. politics reporter is paid by the Russian government to produce propaganda for that government."

Not only did she win the case to get it dismissed... She also got 250k for court costs if I remember right. So... No... I don't think that's a "sealed fate"... Unless... Of course... Hypocrisy Naw... couldn't...
Rachel has never been a lawyer.

Or any kind of journalist obviously. But you are right... A lawyer should know what they can get away with, which is likely why she thinks she'll get off... Again... I just have shown proof.

Or any kind of journalist obviously. But you are right... A lawyer should know what they can get away with, which is likely why she thinks she'll get off... Again... I just have shown proof.
This thread is not about her have you noticed? The sacrifices people made of their careers being a stooge for the Don tallying up a good sized body count.

This thread is not about her have you noticed? The sacrifices people made of their careers being a stooge for the Don tallying up a good sized body count.
Yeah... I posted in context to the thread, you decided to add information that didn't mean anything to it. Now you are ... *shrugs*

Ok.

So when did Rachel get a law degree and start practicing law?

When did she go into a court room and lie through her teeth to a judge?

Rachel didn't do what Powell did.

As I stated in my OP, a person can lie through their teeth outside a court room but once in that court room lying becomes a crime.

The poster you're replying to knows that Powell has been lying through her teeth and knows she admitted it. He also knows that there is no real way to excuse or justify it so they try to change the subject.

Rachel Maddow is not and has never been a lawyer. She’s never tried a case.

This is about a group of lawyers who lied to the court. Who filed a case to overturn an election based on information they knew to be false. If the case is properly decided, they’ll all be disbarred. The courts have no sense of humour about lawyers who failed to uphold the law. Neither does the bar association

Pretty sure the law doesn't care in this case. I have no idea why it would. But you people are welcome to support each others stupid... I don't mind.

This fails as a red herring fallacy.

The thread is about Sydney Powell’s sanction hearing, not Rachel Maddow.

The dishonest right can’t help but try to deflect.

The thread is about two people under the same circumstances... That's how the law works... Or supposed to... One won't be treated any differently than the other in the eyes of the law.

Edit: If you believe CRT is a good thing... I can understand why you don't believe that.

That's all they have. Lies and deflecting.

Forum List

Back