From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. WALMART

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
When I was a kid, I loved the book "From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler". The plot involves a sister and brother who run away from home and live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. My friends and I played imagination games based on this premise.

Fast forward to the present day and substitute WalMart....

Employees of a Corsicana Walmart were shocked to find a teenage boy secretly living inside the store for a few days.

The teen wasn’t just hiding in the store. He built a secret hidden compound and was able to call the 24-hour store home for 2 1/2 days before being discovered....

Teenager Made Corsicana Walmart His Home « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

When I was a kid, I loved the book "From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler". The plot involves a sister and brother who run away from home and live in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC. My friends and I played imagination games based on this premise.

Fast forward to the present day and substitute WalMart....

Employees of a Corsicana Walmart were shocked to find a teenage boy secretly living inside the store for a few days.

The teen wasn’t just hiding in the store. He built a secret hidden compound and was able to call the 24-hour store home for 2 1/2 days before being discovered....

Teenager Made Corsicana Walmart His Home « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

I too loved her books; "About the B'Nai Bagels", and "Jennifer, Hecate, MacBeth, and me Elizabeth" also.

Those were fun books, too.

We also used to play "Jennifer, Hecate..."...I remember saving my fingernail clippings for our magic potion.

Those were fun books, too.

We also used to play "Jennifer, Hecate..."...I remember saving my fingernail clippings for our magic potion.

I dreamed about being locked away in the main branch of the New York City library.:lol:

Forum List

Back