ww2.jpg

To ingots...

ww3.jpg

ww4.jpg

To bullets...

ww5.jpg

ww6.jpg

To paper.

125 grain .357 diameter powder-coated, fired from a 6" barreled Ruger GP100 .357 magnum revolver, 12 shots at 20 yards, from a sandbag rest.

Mixed brand .357 magnum cases, Remington No. 1-1/2 small pistol primers, 6.5 grains of 52 year-old Herco Unique powder, and an overall cartridge length of 1.651". Average velocity of 1156.50 fps, 368.41 ft-Lbs of energy, and Standard Deviation of 12.32. No noticeable leading in the barrel or forcing cone.

That 52 year-old Herco powder is like flaming dirt, but it still does what it was supposed to. I found a 5-pound can of it at a garage sale this Spring for $10. I could probably tighten up the group if I had a .358 bullet mold and sizing die. The largest ones I have cast and size to .357, which is better for 9mm.

ww7.jpg

Whatever you do don't make cornbread in that griddle. ;)

LOL....The last time I dug mine out (shooting wise) was for casting some .58 cal. Lee R.E.A.L bullets.

Mostly it's just used for casting surf-fishing sinkers....You sure as hell don't want to buy them these days at the "why pay less" tackle shops on the Outer Banks.

Whatever you do don't make cornbread in that griddle. ;)

LOL....The last time I dug mine out (shooting wise) was for casting some .58 cal. Lee R.E.A.L bullets.

Mostly it's just used for casting surf-fishing sinkers....You sure as hell don't want to buy them these days at the "why pay less" tackle shops on the Outer Banks.

I still have a bunch of those .58 caliber Lee R.E.A.L. bullets left over from when I had a .58, and two five-gallon buckets of pure lead out behind the house. I'm thinking of working up an alloy out of lead, tin, and antimony instead of using wheel weights, since I just cleaned out my stash of WW.

I still have a bunch of those .58 caliber Lee R.E.A.L. bullets left over from when I had a .58, and two five-gallon buckets of pure lead out behind the house. I'm thinking of working up an alloy out of lead, tin, and antimony instead of using wheel weights, since I just cleaned out my stash of WW.
I had a pile of pure lead cable sheathing that I used for years for bullets....WWs for sinkers.

Making ingots is the way to go.

Forum List

Back