Powder coating bullets

It would be expected that you would offer a reason for the hollow-points. For a gun kept under your pillow might work?
For self-defense in the home or in public settings hollow points are the preferred handgun ammo as they are the safer option. Because they expand, they are less likely to go right through a perp and hit an innocent bystander.

That's why police departments use hollow-points. They lower the risk of collateral damage.

Don't get pissy on people that ask questions that you would rather not hear.

I'm only trying to have you decide on what questions you need to answer and those you don't.
So do you own a confederate flag and a flagholder in your pickup truck?
Or a conferate copy uniform?

I take the AK-47 as a yes.
Got it. You're a straight up troll.

For self-defense in the home or in public settings hollow points are the preferred handgun ammo as they are the safer option. Because they expand, they are less likely to go right through a perp and hit an innocent bystander.

That's why police departments use hollow-points.
Do you own an AR-15 and a confederate flag?

That's why police departments use hollow-points. They lower the risk of collateral damage.
I'm a bit more concerned about you. And even a bit more since you hooked into this.

Sigh, I think that sometimes us retired folks have too much time on our hands. ;)

That said lubricating is a PITA....Sort of the same reason experienced reloaders spend the money on carbide dies.

Some of my dies are carbide steel. Sure, it's a pain in the ass, but have you priced jacketed bullets lately?

I've been shooting cast bullets on and off since the 70's. I don't have a lube-sizer so for stuff like 9mm, 38 Spl, 357, and 44 mag I've been using Alox bullet lube. That stuff is nasty and ganks up the reloading dies, cases, and guns. This is a much better option and you can drive them at higher velocities than with just plain cast and lubed bullets. Plus you can shoot them in a Glock without eventually blowing your fingers off and looking like a one-eyed pirate. Polygonal barrels don't like built-up lead residue.

Some of my dies are carbide steel. Sure, it's a pain in the ass, but have you priced jacketed bullets lately?

I've been shooting cast bullets on and off since the 70's. I don't have a lube-sizer so for stuff like 9mm, 38 Spl, 357, and 44 mag I've been using Alox bullet lube. That stuff is nasty and ganks up the reloading dies, cases, and guns. This is a much better option and you can drive them at higher velocities than with just plain cast and lubed bullets. Plus you can shoot them in a Glock without eventually blowing your fingers off and looking like a one-eyed pirate. Polygonal barrels don't like built-up lead residue.
Nothing is cheap in the shooting world these days.....Take heart though, like me you have your own range so just look at all the range membership and range time costs you save. ;)

Don't get pissy on people that ask questions that you would rather not hear.

I'm only trying to have you decide on what questions you need to answer and those you don't.
So do you own a confederate flag and a flagholder in your pickup truck?
Or a conferate copy uniform?

I take the AK-47 as a yes.

Funny you should ask. Yes I do have a reproduction Confederate uniform packed away in the closet. The one time I did take part in a local reenactment was all it took before I figured out wearing wool in the Summer is a dumb idea.

I also have a complete set of Vietnam War era battle gear which I have worn while taking part in the Memorial Day parade.

Nothing is cheap in the shooting world these days.....Take heart though, like me you have your own range so just look at all the range membership and range time costs you save. ;)

Actually I've been having pretty good luck finding primers, powder, cases, and bullets and garage sales. Probably enough to keep me busy through the Winter.

Funny you should ask. Yes I do have a reproduction Confederate uniform packed away in the closet. The one time I did take part in a local reenactment was all it took before I figured out wearing wool in the Summer is a dumb idea.

I also have a complete set of Vietnam War era battle gear which I have worn while taking part in the Memorial Day parade.
Before I got married and could not afford it anymore, I did CW living history.

We had an original 12-pound Napolean that we touched off once an hour and let me tell you, wool and August is no joke. Neither is maintaining a 12-pounder.

Before I got married and could not afford it anymore, I did CW living history.

We had an original 12-pound Napolean that we touched off once an hour and let me tell you, wool and August is no joke. Neither is maintaining a 12-pounder.

I bet. The one reenactment I took part in had a 12-pounter too, as well as horses.

The regular reenactors had uniforms from both sides and would play whichever part was needed at the time. Their guns were all pretty rusty from using all that black powder and not cleaning them immediately.

Actually I've been having pretty good luck finding primers, powder, cases, and bullets and garage sales.

You should check out the latest new rounds in!

The new .338 Lapua Orange Talon.

Also available in an affordable .30-06 MAGAt version preferred by snipers and assassins.

Screen Shot 2024-09-11 at 4.25.41 PM.png

Thanks all for the participation. The good guys have nothing to worry about.
The others just need to make sure they don't make any innocent mistakes!

Forum List

Back