Powder coating bullets

Uhhhhhhh ....... paint? paint? paint?

Absolutely. A cast lead/tin/antimony bullet has a Brinnel hardness number (BHN) of about 18-20. When it's powder coated, it has a baked-on polyester shell around it that has a BHN of about 30, yet is still flexible to allow the burning gasses from the powder to obturate the bullet to build up pressure behind it. As far as performance, it's the next best thing to having a copper-jacket bullet and at a much lower cost.

Science, yo.

Absolutely. A cast lead/tin/antimony bullet has a Brinnel hardness number (BHN) of about 18-20. When it's powder coated, it has a baked-on polyester shell around it that has a BHN of about 30, yet is still flexible to allow the burning gasses from the powder to obturate the bullet to build up pressure behind it. As far as performance, it's the next best thing to having a copper-jacket bullet and at a much lower cost.

Science, yo.
I was surprised to hear people were painting bullets too. I would have thought it would foul the bore.

Lead fouling is a PITA, I know. When I practiced with lead bullets I always interspersed a few jacketed rounds to clear out the bore. Made cleaning a lot easier.

The bullets you've selected will in my opinion, make you a person of interest to the FBI.
Are you a teenager?
You dirty chink rat bastard
Listen up mao ...you've been granted white man status by educated credentialed leftards...start acting like one ...

Anyone who makes his own ammo and scores all the time at yard sales is aces in my book ..

Forum List

Back