🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Full transcript of Al Arabiya interview with Secretary of State John Kerry

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
AL ARABIYA: I mean, to be blunt, sir, many people in the region, especially your allies, they worry about asymmetrical war with Iran through the proxies than how many centrifuges you have dismantled. Can the United States stop the nefarious activities of Iran in four Arab capitals?

SECRETARY KERRY: Well, let me ask you a question.

AL ARABIYA: Please.

SECRETARY KERRY: Is it better to push back against those activities against an Iran with a nuclear weapon or an Iran without one? Obviously, without one. So you have to begin somewhere.

We have begun at the most critical place vis-a-vis Israel, the region, and the potential of the nuclear arms race with a nuclear weapon. But we have not for an instant stopped focusing on counterterrorism, on the nefarious activities, particularly proxies. And we think there is a great deal more that the region can do to deal with proxies. And that’s a lot of conversation that we’re going to be having in some detail, not just in my meeting, but over a period of time.

AL ARABIYA: So what – how are you going to help them? I mean, some will say Iran with cash, $100 billion that's going to go – part of it to the Revolutionary Guard, it's going to go to Soleimani, and it's going to fund Hizballah and Houthis and Assad regime. So I mean, you understand this point. So what exactly -

SECRETARY KERRY: Well, I do understand it. But let me ask you something.

AL ARABIYA: What are you going to offer them?

SECRETARY KERRY: Let me ask you a simple question: Who has more cash? Saudi Arabia and the Emirates and Qatar, or Iran?
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/med...rview-with-Secretary-of-State-John-Kerry.html

Interesting interview with Kerry. In fact, reading through the reactions of others in the region has been interesting as a whole.

Forum List

Back