Funny or exploitive?

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
Guy Gives Abercrombie & Fitch A Brand Readjustment By Giving Their Clothes To The Homeless (VIDEO)

In response to A&F CEO saying they only want cool kids wearing their clothes, this man has gone around and handed out their brand to the homeless.

My 1st response was to laugh, but I have a friend who works with the mentality ill who was very vocal about this. She sees is as exploitive, and just as bad as the CEO's comment.

The CEO says he doesn't want uncool or fat people wearing his clothes, and so haha joke on him, lets get an even "worse" group to wear his clothes. Because theyre homeless, so lets give them "doucebag" clothes and they will be greatful while we all have a good laugh.

So, funny or exploitive? Maybe both?

LOL...I don't think dude was being exploitive at all, but demonstrating how shallow and superficial A&F's head douche is. It apparently angered him enough to take the A&F brand and hand it out to the homeless who are just as deserving as anyone else, even the fat and 'uncool'.

Anything for you Mr H;)

"In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids," he told Salon. "Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don't alienate anybody, but you don't excite anybody, either."

The man behind Abercrombie & Fitch - Salon.com

Anything for you Mr H;)

"In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids," he told Salon. "Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don't alienate anybody, but you don't excite anybody, either."

The man behind Abercrombie & Fitch - Salon.com

Geez...

Funny or exploitive?

Neither.

946321_578168752204994_584635352_n.png

The "homeless" are not good marketing tools. Most of them are are alcoholics or mentally ill. Give them clothes if it makes you happy.

Guy Gives Abercrombie & Fitch A Brand Readjustment By Giving Their Clothes To The Homeless (VIDEO)

In response to A&F CEO saying they only want cool kids wearing their clothes, this man has gone around and handed out their brand to the homeless.

My 1st response was to laugh, but I have a friend who works with the mentality ill who was very vocal about this. She sees is as exploitive, and just as bad as the CEO's comment.

The CEO says he doesn't want uncool or fat people wearing his clothes, and so haha joke on him, lets get an even "worse" group to wear his clothes. Because theyre homeless, so lets give them "doucebag" clothes and they will be greatful while we all have a good laugh.

Im not being a smart ass, but if it keeps them warm, and the rain off their ass, who cares ? If it were me I would be thankful for the clothing.

I think the guy was great, the entire scenario was funny as hell but sent a great message to A & F. I'd like to see a movement where everyone who so inclined would buy one item of clothing preferably on sale and send it to a church where they clothe the homeless.

Im not being a smart ass, but if it keeps them warm, and the rain off their ass, who cares ? If it were me I would be thankful for the clothing.

Being a smart ass is totally allowed. :)

I see your point, it was my 1st response as well. I'm sure those people in the video are happy for clothes and don't care one way or the other.

Eh I see both as fairly silly.

Watch bum fights on YouTube.

You wanna see exploitation of the homeless.

Forum List

Back