Futures Up This Morning Around 350

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Is this just a "dead cat bounce" or something more lasting?

R.9d27b6190dee068f9be5a6e57d32e7f5

Looking at the markets daily is like checking your weight every hour on the hour...it is just plain stupid.

Is this just a "dead cat bounce" or something more lasting?

R.9d27b6190dee068f9be5a6e57d32e7f5

There will probably be another 10% move down this year. Whether it rallies on the way down really doesn't matter that much. China's hardline COVID approach plus all this inflation is a pairing spooking people as to what global demand is going to be looking like in a few months.

Looking at the markets daily is like checking your weight every hour on the hour...it is just plain stupid.
Yeah, I can understand why a dem might not like it, much less be reminded of it daily.....Oh and that 401K you are depending on for your retirement is down, on average, almost 17% YTD.....Buy hey, maybe the gop will push it back up when they take over and you will only lose a few years of growth.. ;)

Yeah, I can understand why a dem might not like it, much less be reminded of it daily.....

I think it is great. You all show your true colors when the days the market is up there is not a thread and the days it is down there are normally like 4 or 5.

Oh and that 401K you are depending on for your retirement is down, on average, almost 17% YTD

Our 401k is part of the retirement plan, I am far too smart to only have one egg basket. And yeah, they is down an average 17%, as are the cost of the shares it is buying, thus my contribution is buying more shares each pay period, which makes it even better in the long run.

Buy hey, maybe the gop will push it back up when they take over and you will only lose a few years of growth..

It will go back up, regardless of which party is in power, you people and your blind party loyalty are too much some days.

The ability to buy shares cheaper far and away makes up for a year or two of loss growth. 10 years from now when I am ready to retire I will be happy as pigs in mud it was down right now.

I think it is great. You all show your true colors when the days the market is up there is not a thread and the days it is down there are normally like 4 or 5.

Our 401k is part of the retirement plan, I am far too smart to only have one egg basket. And yeah, they is down an average 17%, as are the cost of the shares it is buying, thus my contribution is buying more shares each pay period, which makes it even better in the long run.

It will go back up, regardless of which party is in power, you people and your blind party loyalty are too much some days.

The ability to buy shares cheaper far and away makes up for a year or two of loss growth. 10 years from now when I am ready to retire I will be happy as pigs in mud it was down right now.
You know, I might have agreed with that assessment a few years back but given the clown show going on now I'm not so sure.

Hell we still have a full-blown recession staring us in the face to go thru yet and I'm not seeing a soft landing either given how the fed was asleep at the switch for so long. Get ready for a economic Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I'd not be surprised to see that YTD figure be at 25%+ before the year is out. That's going to hurt badly even if you are 10 years out.

I suspect we will see a bit of a bounce in November but with the first leftist economic EO Tater signs the decline will continue till he's gone....then the catch-up game begins again.

You know, I might have agreed with that assessment a few years back but given the clown show going on now I'm not so sure.

Hell we still have a full-blown recession staring us in the face to go thru yet and I'm not seeing a soft landing either given how the fed was asleep at the switch for so long. Get ready for a economic Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I'd not be surprised to see that YTD figure be at 25%+ before the year is out. That's going to hurt badly even if you are 10 years out.

I suspect we will see a bit of a bounce in November but with the first leftist economic EO Tater signs the decline will continue till he's gone....then the catch-up game begins again.

then you better cash out and bury in your backyard like the rest of the porch sitters on here.

then you better cash out and bury in your backyard like the rest of the porch sitters on here.
I'm retired....I moved my money mostly out of the market into lower risk options and also took advantage of a land buying opportunity in my town that will pay off "bigly" by and by.

I'll admit that one sort of fell right in my lap though with the death of my mom's neighbor when her crack-head daughter wanted to dump the place for less than half what it was worth and move away.

That and I'm getting stupid rent for the house to the point I'm getting back what I put into the whole deal very quickly.

I've done very well with "blued steel and walnut" investing too.

401Ks are just fine when you are busy with life while in you prime earning years but there's other opportunities that abound out there when you have the time and disposable income to mess with them.....Sorta fun too. ;)

Forum List

Back