Gabriel: US adventurism in the Middle East has destabilized the entire region

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
One of the rare protests staged by western officials. Experience from the past, however, shows us that they will not change their policies even if they have admitted that they are utter failures.

"Germany’s Deputy Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel said on Monday in an interview with the German Bild newspaper that the United States' wars in Middle East has destabilized the regions demonstrating its “flawed interventionist policy”.

In a joint interview with The Times of London and the Bild on Sunday, Trump said Merkel made “one very catastrophic mistake” by admitting more than 1 million migrants from the Middle East, which culminated in the response from Gabriel.

“I think she made one very catastrophic mistake and that was taking all of these illegals, you know taking all of the people from wherever they come from. And nobody even knows where they come from,” he said.

Gabriel said there is a link between “America’s flawed interventionist policy, especially the Iraq war, and the refugee crisis.”

“That’s why my advice would be that we shouldn’t tell each other what we have done right or wrong, but that we look into establishing peace in that region and do everything to make sure people can find a home there again,” he added.

“That’s why I also thought it wasn’t right to talk about defense spending, where Mr. Trump says we are spending too little to finance NATO. We are making gigantic financial contributions to refugee shelters in the region, and these are also the results of US interventionist policy,” Gabriel continued."

Germany: US adventurism in the Middle East has destabilized the entire region

Forum List

Back