Gang of youths assault marine

Observation: This could indicate a growing lack of respect for the military.

Otherwise, more information is needed before being able to conclude anything.

Speculating that it was a black gang responsible then it's probably safe to conclude that black against white violence is the gang's only motivation.

I hope my comments are helpful to stimulating a discussion on this violence that at least appears to be senseless?

This is sad. Too bad the guys were not carrying heat.
This is a valid reason to raise the issue of military people being mandated to carry a gun in public.
Or more to the point, all American adults carrying guns in public.l

You've introduced a good point to this discussion!

Biden's America

Speculating that it was a black gang responsible then it's probably safe to conclude that black against white violence is the gang's only motivation.

I hope my comments are helpful to stimulating a discussion on this violence that at least appears to be senseless?
It demonstrates a growing trend amongst teens and youth in the United States -- lack of discipline, single-parent households, never told no, probably illegal immigration, etc -- and events like this act as a catalyst for violent outbreaks -- kindly being asked to stop being obnoxious to others.

Biden's America

It demonstrates a growing trend amongst teens and youth in the United States -- lack of discipline, single-parent households, never told no, probably illegal immigration, etc -- and events like this act as a catalyst for violent outbreaks -- kindly being asked to stop being obnoxious to others.
I agree, except on the 'lack of discipline'. It's lack of caring, but that won't be understood and accepted.

I saw the military person attack first and so that's also an important consideration.
I think White6 has it closest to right so far.

And my comment on respect for the military hasn't been commented on yet.

We can conclude that this was a large group of out-of-control teens who have no respect for lawful behavior and should be punished. Any of them found to have a prior arrest should be sent to jail.

I have no idea what color the savages were.

I agree, except on the 'lack of discipline'. It's lack of caring, but that won't be understood and accepted.

I saw the military person attack first and so that's also an important consideration.
I think White6 has it closest to right so far.

And my comment on respect for the military hasn't been commented on yet.
Children need discipline .. without discipline there are no boundaries, there is a lack of responsibility, there are behavioral problems, poor academics, low self-esteem and the myriad of problems we continue to see trending with today's youth.

Did this violent group of youth even know these were military personnel?

We can conclude that this was a large group of out-of-control teens who have no respect for lawful behavior and should be punished.
I think that a part of the problem is that they don't fear punishment anymore. The system and the courts are incapable of keeping up with the demand.
This relates directly to businesses finding it more cost effective to just let the shoplifters have the merchandise.
Any of them found to have a prior arrest should be sent to jail.
I've covered that above, as being not possible. There is a precedence that covers the situation in America. Britain used to 'transport' criminals to Australia as the alternative to a death sentence.
I have no idea what color the savages were.
They're not savages. They represent a growing number of very angry Americans who are striking out against authority.

Children need discipline .. without discipline there are no boundaries, there is a lack of responsibility, there are behavioral problems, poor academics, low self-esteem and the myriad of problems we continue to see trending with today's youth.

Did this violent group of youth even know these were military personnel?
You're not capable of understanding my comment on caring as opposed to discipline. You probably are still spanking your babies.

Have just a thought on that!

I agree with DonaldH that "I think that a part of the problem is that they don't fear punishment anymore. The system and the courts are incapable of keeping up with the demand."

We have seen a number of white and black men who refuse to obey lawful police orders ending up dead.

Their mommies did not enforce "no".

You're not capable of understanding my comment on caring as opposed to discipline. You probably are still spanking your babies.

Have just a thought on that!

Caring provides emotional support and nurturing for a child and discipline guides and teaches children about appropriate behavior and essential life skills. While they complement each other, how can you care about your child and not guide and teach them responsibility, boundaries, and life consequences for poor decisions?

Care to use any other logical fallacies?

I agree with DonaldH that "I think that a part of the problem is that they don't fear punishment anymore. The system and the courts are incapable of keeping up with the demand."

We have seen a number of white and black men who refuse to obey lawful police orders ending up dead.

Thank you and I agree on most of that, except on the idea of their mommies not enforcing 'no'.

They're dead by police bullets because their mommies weren't there to say no, and many mommies and daddies didn't care anyway.

In defense of poor American mommies, many were forced to work, along with the daddies because there was no decent minimum wage laws.

Are you one of the very wealthy? Maybe that's the reason for your opinions?

They don't fear punishment because they aren't taught discipline and that poor decisions have consequences -- not to mention the approach of democrats to be soft on crime (unless it's related to January 6)

This is a valid reason to raise the issue of military people being mandated to carry a gun in public.
Or more to the point, all American adults carrying guns in public.l

You've introduced a good point to this discussion!
Mandates??? Yeah that’s American!

Forum List

Back