George Soros betting big on a market collapse. Lotsa puts

Then again, as the chart below shows, as a percentage of total AUM, the put position rose to 11.1% of his notional holdings. By way of reference, as of June 30 2013, his SPY put may have had a smaller notional value, but it represented both more shares (7.8 million), and was far greater as a % of AUM, at 13.5%.

We got trouble, right here in River City. With a capital "T".

"Soros Put" Hits Record As Billionaire's Downside Hedge Rises By 154% in Q4 To $1.3 Billion | Zero Hedge

this smells of market manipulation. of course holder will do nothing, nor obama.

Soros likes taking advantage of other peoples' misery to make his money. He is the very definition of scum.

I don't care if it's Soros or the Kochs.

Any one of you with a nickel in your pockets can do the very same thing.

Why would you give a shit that someone has more nickels than you?

Nonsense.

Soros is not manipulating anything or doing anything illegal. He is hedging. Is hedging inherently bad? I don't think so, otherwise I would not do it, nor would millions of other investors around the world.

There is plenty of reasons to dislike Soros....this is not one of them.

:thup:

It's like playing the No Pass line in craps. Everyone at the table hates you, but hey, it's your money.

"Soros Put" Hits Record As Billionaire's Downside Hedge Rises By 154% in Q4 To $1.3 Billion | Zero Hedge

this smells of market manipulation. of course holder will do nothing, nor obama.

Soros likes taking advantage of other peoples' misery to make his money. He is the very definition of scum.

Well ain't you a dumb shit. Soros is the epitome of a successful plutocrat/capitalist.

The thing you don't like about him is that he doesn't give his money to Rethugs. Ain't that correct? If he was giving money to the RNC, you would defend him to the death.

But let me ask this; would you increase the income tax on ole George. Or do you not dislike him that much? He is part of that much loved by Repubs 1% group.

In its own perverse way, those who bet on the market crashing, by taking out puts or short positions, actually act to stabilize things, or soften the crash if it should happen.

Their short positions remain exposed and when they act to to cover their bet, as they must sooner or later, they provide a correcting force to the slide.

Well ain't you a dumb shit. Soros is the epitome of a successful plutocrat/capitalist.

The thing you don't like about him is that he doesn't give his money to Rethugs. Ain't that correct? If he was giving money to the RNC, you would defend him to the death.

But let me ask this; would you increase the income tax on ole George. Or do you not dislike him that much? He is part of that much loved by Repubs 1% group.

I would lower his taxes.

Nonsense.

Soros is not manipulating anything or doing anything illegal. He is hedging. Is hedging inherently bad? I don't think so, otherwise I would not do it, nor would millions of other investors around the world.

There is plenty of reasons to dislike Soros....this is not one of them.

:thup:

He doesn't have to "manipulate." He's already set his gambling table through obama, and the fix is in.

He makes money crashing economies and currencies....this is not by chance...that he put Obama in the White House.

He makes money crashing economies and currencies....this is not by chance...that he put Obama in the White House.

Soros put Obama in the White House? :laugh2:

The vote put Obama in and Soros was not the major campaign contributor :cuckoo:

It's Zeke, toothless stumpbroke of USMB.
Zeke, this may come as a shock but conservatives don't see that using the tax code to punish people we disagree with is a proper use. I realize you cannot conceive of that, being semi retarded and all. But it's true.
I have no issue with how Soros makes his money. Or even how he spends his money. I do have issues with his views, which are atrocious and destroying this country.

This is what Soro's does kids.....and he always wins.

We can only "make" 85 billion a month for so long...the crash is coming.

Forum List

Back