George Soros betting big on a market collapse. Lotsa puts

Much as I dislike what Our Kenyan President has done - and still wants to do - to America, I always greet news of his rompings with a quick review of the ways in which I can profit.

About a year ago, maybe a little before that, it was clear that the market was nearing the bottom. The plan became to watch for market peaks and the subsequent fall. Then buy on what seemed like the proximate low. That continued until very early January. Then the instructions to the broker were to sell 10% of holdings each time the DOW achieved a 52-week high. That has resulted in being 50% out of the market right now. My estimate is that after some point in early June there will be no more 52 week highs for a long, long time. Perhaps 3.5 years. Seems like Soros and I might be thinking along the same lines but I'm not doing any puts, actuarial tables telling me what they do.

Oh, it was cool buying British Pounds during the long period they down at $1.49 - already they're up to $1.67 and rising. I wonder why??? (not) Euros? Not so much. In fact, it's almost as though The European Union had anointed Obama as their president.

Much as I dislike what Our Kenyan President has done - and still wants to do - to America, I always greet news of his rompings with a quick review of the ways in which I can profit.

About a year ago, maybe a little before that, it was clear that the market was nearing the bottom. The plan became to watch for market peaks and the subsequent fall. Then buy on what seemed like the proximate low. That continued until very early January. Then the instructions to the broker were to sell 10% of holdings each time the DOW achieved a 52-week high. That has resulted in being 50% out of the market right now. My estimate is that after some point in early June there will be no more 52 week highs for a long, long time. Perhaps 3.5 years. Seems like Soros and I might be thinking along the same lines but I'm not doing any puts, actuarial tables telling me what they do.

Oh, it was cool buying British Pounds during the long period they down at $1.49 - already they're up to $1.67 and rising. I wonder why??? (not) Euros? Not so much. In fact, it's almost as though The European Union had anointed Obama as their president.
Writing covered options turns a profit somewhere north of 85% of the time why don't you like it?

Writing covered options turns a profit somewhere north of 85% of the time why don't you like it?

Old fella, very wise, very much at home in his own skin (his words), now deceased for whom I did a favor rewarded me with something he said was more valuable than gold.

"Enough"

His name was Lincoln (that's what his mother named him; she also had a son named Roosevelt and another named Garfield).

But, he continued.....

"YOU learn to say 'enough'".

But.....

"You gotta MEAN 'enough'".

I'm old and accept reality though I'm in no rush. I have enough for all I might ever need and no interest in getting more just to go to someone I probably don't even know.

I saw Lincoln not too long before he died. He took my hand.

He said: "E........", lingering on that letter and looking right at my eyes.

I said: "E.....E?????? ahhhhhh....'enough'"

He said: "Your age? Not 'enough' No more. Now you say "E-fucking-nuff".

Lincoln closed his eyes and pointed at the door.

Forum List

Back