Georgia Patriot Plants ‘Muslim’ Bomb To Warn World Of Muslim Threat

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Score another big point for the batshit-crazies of the world. Woohoo!

The bombs were real, the other stuff planted in with them was fake, to make people think that a Muslim had done it.

FBI Man who planted explosives at park wanted to be patriot www.wsbtv.com

(Video at the link)

"Federal agents confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that they arrested a suspect they say left a backpack containing partially-made bombs in a local park.

Michael Sibley, 67, now faces federal charges of attempting to damage federal property by use of an explosive device.

Channel 2 Action News was there on Nov. 4 as agents scoured Vickery Park after a hiker found the backpack.

Agents said Sibley wanted to make a point that bombings could happen anywhere, that fell short.

"It's scary. You just got to be lucky," neighbor Bob Schlesinger said.

Channel 2 investigative reporter Aaron Diamant found nearby residents of an upscale East Cobb community who said it is unnerving to hear the Federal Bureau of Investigation had arrested their neighbor.

“I know the guy. I mean, I let the guy in my house,” Schlesinger told Diamant.

According to the criminal complaint, Sibley confessed and:

"Stated he is a 'patriot' and he felt no one was paying attention to what was going on the world. Sibley felt if he placed the package in a Roswell park then people would finally get that this type of activity could happen anywhere."

Agents say they also found a copy of the Quran in the backpack and other items pointing to what Sibley called "soft targets," like the location of Atlanta’s Jewish community center."

Also being reported:

Patriot Allegedly Leaves Two Homemade Bombs In Georgia Park FreakOutNation

Georgia patriot reportedly planted pipe bombs in park to sow fear of Muslims

Patriot Allegedly Confesses To Leaving Two Homemade Bombs In Georgia Park

Self-Described Patriot in Georgia Charged With Planting Backpack Bomb Hatewatch

Self-Described U.S. Patriot Tries To Stir Up Animosity Against Muslims With Homemade Bombs Left In Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the crazy-assed son of a bitch was willing to kill people in order to warn them that terrorists might kill them.

Wow. Some logic.

Last edited:
Oh good grief. Turns out he's a fundie "christian".

Like we didn't see that coming.

:cuckoo:

Can you throw out some links on that one? I have not seen that information yet, but in fairness, I didn't want to attach the guy to any religion or political movement. He is just plain old batshit crazy.

Far right wing conservative Christians are engaged in a bizarre Jihad. A 67 year old Marietta, Georgia man has been accused of placing a backpack containing two pipe bombs in an Atlanta area public park.Michael Sibley confessed to police that he had planted the backpack, which contained two partially constructed pipe bombs, a copy of the Koran, and a list of “soft targets” for terrorist targeting; for example non-military targets such as schools and hospitals, in Vickery Creek Park. The park is located in Roswell, Georgia, a north Atlanta suburb. Sibley’s arrest report reads,

American jihad the new face of terrorism

The bombs were real, the other stuff planted in with them was fake, to make people think that a Muslim had done it.

(Video at the link)

"Federal agents confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that they arrested a suspect they say left a backpack containing partially-made bombs in a local park.

Michael Sibley, 67, now faces federal charges of attempting to damage federal property by use of an explosive device.

Channel 2 Action News was there on Nov. 4 as agents scoured Vickery Park after a hiker found the backpack.

Agents said Sibley wanted to make a point that bombings could happen anywhere, that fell short.

Channel 2 investigative reporter Aaron Diamant found nearby residents of an upscale East Cobb community who said it is unnerving to hear the Federal Bureau of Investigation had arrested their neighbor.

"Stated he is a 'patriot' and he felt no one was paying attention to what was going on the world. Sibley felt if he placed the package in a Roswell park then people would finally get that this type of activity could happen anywhere."

Agents say they also found a copy of the Quran in the backpack and other items pointing to what Sibley called "soft targets," like the location of Atlanta’s Jewish community center."

Also being reported:

Self-Described U.S. Patriot Tries To Stir Up Animosity Against Muslims With Homemade Bombs Left In Park

So, the crazy-assed son of a bitch was willing to kill people in order to warn them that terrorists might kill them.

Wow. Some logic.

He isn't a patriot, he's a traitor who should be executed.

(Video at the link)

Also being reported:

Wow. Some logic.

He isn't a patriot, he's a traitor who should be executed.

Oh, I agree. He called himself a patriot.

Oh good grief. Turns out he's a fundie "christian".

Like we didn't see that coming.

:cuckoo:

Can you throw out some links on that one? I have not seen that information yet, but in fairness, I didn't want to attach the guy to any religion or political movement. He is just plain old batshit crazy.

Far right wing conservative Christians are engaged in a bizarre Jihad. A 67 year old Marietta, Georgia man has been accused of placing a backpack containing two pipe bombs in an Atlanta area public park.Michael Sibley confessed to police that he had planted the backpack, which contained two partially constructed pipe bombs, a copy of the Koran, and a list of “soft targets” for terrorist targeting; for example non-military targets such as schools and hospitals, in Vickery Creek Park. The park is located in Roswell, Georgia, a north Atlanta suburb. Sibley’s arrest report reads,

American jihad the new face of terrorism

Though I think it could be likely, the link does not confirm that that man was a Christian of any kind. There is even the possibility that he is a Tea-Partier, but I see no evidence of that yet, either.

LOL!

Another thread created in vane search of a point.

Where does one go to get their 2 minutes back?

Hey stat, even though you don't know if he's a Christian or registered republican, call him one anyway.

That's how lefties roll. Couldn't be old, senile or on any kind of medication. No no.

If the guy's story and background are legitimately as reported (and that seems a pretty big "if" these days, Gang), I guess he took a page out of Israel's cartoonishly overused playbook. Of course, even if the truth about the guy is otherwise, the case will still be pushed in the corporate-owned media's ongoing demonization of tens of millions of "patriots" and "Christian fundamentalists" on the basis of the reported actions of a very few. I'm neither a patriot nor a Christian (far from either, in fact), but I know a goal-focused slur campaign when I see one.

Just to remind: what Mr. Sibley did is a FEDERAL crime.
Does that really need to be pointed out?

What an idiot. Not sure if he should be sent to jail or spend the rest of his days in the nut house - he can't be sane.

Oh, I thought out of fairness to some people who may want to rush to defend the asshole..... that a clarification could be helpful....

Hey stat, even though you don't know if he's a Christian or registered republican, call him one anyway.

That's how lefties roll. Couldn't be old, senile or on any kind of medication. No no.

But if you will notice, I have NOT done that. I have not spoken about race, religion or political affiliation at all and have not searched for any facts about them. If such facts out themselves all on their won, well, fine.

So, please show me where I wrote in the OP that he was a Christian or a Republican.

Really, I can wait....

:D

But if you will notice, I have NOT done that. I have not spoken about race, religion or political affiliation at all and have not searched for any facts about them. If such facts out themselves all on their won, well, fine.

So, please show me where I wrote in the OP that he was a Christian or a Republican.

Really, I can wait....

YOU have not. Notice that the standard drooling idiots have already decreed that it is so though.

They refuse to acknowledge the reality that they are no different than the right wing droolers that they despise.

Really, I can wait....

YOU have not. Notice that the standard drooling idiots have already decreed that it is so though.

They refuse to acknowledge the reality that they are no different than the right wing droolers that they despise.

Until we know more about this fool, there is really nothing more to say.....

Forum List

Back