Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

You are ignoring the Section above subsection (a)...that qualifies the "person" - to campaign activities
Incorrect. That part you refer to is merely a title of the section. It does not define “person” as someone associated with a campaign.

It specifically says no person. If they intended for it to apply to campaigns, they would have said so.
yes it does...it qualifies the subsection....yes it's the title, it specific about campaigns....not the activity of people not involved in the campaign.

Seems pretty clear and obvious to me...even state legislatures that help with the bill said that was their intent....but I suppose we will have to see how a Court views it...we obviously view it differently
No, it doesn’t. It plainly says “no person”. The plain language of the law contradicts your assertions. “No person” means “no person”. No where is a person defined as you assert.

I have my doubts about the honesty of people who pass voting restrictions just because they lost an election. Not to mention the red flag of them passing it in both houses and signing into law all in one day.
I agree it says that, but the title qualifies the topic of what the section regulates.

I share your concerns, also about people that just won an election...and ram it through as riders to legislation that suppose to be about something else..for example HR1

You are ignoring the Section above subsection (a)...that qualifies the "person" - to campaign activities
Incorrect. That part you refer to is merely a title of the section. It does not define “person” as someone associated with a campaign.

It specifically says no person. If they intended for it to apply to campaigns, they would have said so.
yes it does...it qualifies the subsection....yes it's the title, it specific about campaigns....not the activity of people not involved in the campaign.

Seems pretty clear and obvious to me...even state legislatures that help with the bill said that was their intent....but I suppose we will have to see how a Court views it...we obviously view it differently
No, it doesn’t. It plainly says “no person”. The plain language of the law contradicts your assertions. “No person” means “no person”. No where is a person defined as you assert.

I have my doubts about the honesty of people who pass voting restrictions just because they lost an election. Not to mention the red flag of them passing it in both houses and signing into law all in one day.
I agree it says that, but the title qualifies the topic of what the section regulates.

I share your concerns, also about people that just won an election...and ram it through as riders to legislation that suppose to be about something else..for example HR1
The title doesn’t qualify anything about who a person is and isn’t according to the law. It’s just a title.

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...
Democrats believe Black people are to stupid to bring their own drinks and snacks.
How much water do you need for a five hour wait in the Georgia sun?

And why the hell would anyone providing water to people waiting in those lines be committing a crime?

Well folks you can now go to jail in Georgia if you offer people waiting in a long line to vote a little water and a snack thanks to republicans in that state. Other republican controlled states may follow suit..Georgia governor signs sweeping election regulations into law. There are even restrictions on snacks...
Democrats believe Black people are to stupid to bring their own drinks and snacks.
How much water do you need for a five hour wait in the Georgia sun?

And why the hell would anyone providing water to people waiting in those lines be committing a crime?

In November? 1 or 2 maybe? lol

It will dramatically shorten runoff elections from nine weeks to less than a month

Fuck you GOP

The law will require mail-in voters to include their driver's license numbers or other documentation to verify their identities, instead of using signature verification.

Go fuck yourselves, GOP.
That's the kind of blowback that can happen to corrupt assholes who steal elections. Anyone who refuses to present an ID is someone whose main goal is to cheat honest voters. That kind of scum needs to be called out and stopped.
One problem..nobody stold an election..

Blacks are going to die from dehydration and starvation while waiting in line to vote!
Also, no water while wait to buy a gun
375skfowy9p61.jpg

Ha.

When I was a kid, I started whining about being thirsty. Grammaw said "should've gotten some before we left the house."

That was the end of it.

I find that old tires laying in vacant lots or on the side of the road typically have some water left in them.
So some old guy getting thirsty while waiting in a long line to vote should just leave and go find an old tire??

Giving someone anything to vote is illegal. It's a simple concept.
They’re already in line to vote. It’s not any sort of quid pro quo.
it doesn't matter. A few years ago a business owner was fined because he gave gift certificates for coffee and a donut to employees who voted. However last state election in California democrats were giving smokes for votes to homeless people.

It is not starvation to fail to provide snacks and water.

Ha.

When I was a kid, I started whining about being thirsty. Grammaw said "should've gotten some before we left the house."

That was the end of it.

I find that old tires laying in vacant lots or on the side of the road typically have some water left in them.
So some old guy getting thirsty while waiting in a long line to vote should just leave and go find an old tire??
Suck it up or bring a bottle of water with you.

it doesn't matter. A few years ago a business owner was fined because he gave gift certificates for coffee and a donut to employees who voted. However last state election in California democrats were giving smokes for votes to homeless people.

As long as it just to vote and not to vote for a specific person I see no harm in any of that.

The business owner engaged in a quid pro quo. Handing out water to people in line is not.

Ha.

That was the end of it.

Suck it up or bring a bottle of water with you.
So what if they forget or didn't think the line would be that long. Handing someone a bottle of water is now a crime. You people are unbelievable.

The business owner engaged in a quid pro quo. Handing out water to people in line is not.
No the business owner gave certificates to those who had already voted.

Democrats engage in quid pro quo.

No one has yet collapsed in a voting line from dehydration. Elections are in November. Heatstroke is not an issue.

No the business owner gave certificates to those who had already voted.

Democrats engage in quid pro quo.

No one has yet collapsed in a voting line from dehydration. Elections are in November. Heatstroke is not an issue.
So why make it illegal then??..it's just water.

Forum List

Back